ADVERTISEMENT

John calipari and Kentucky....

Plus if we extended Pitino 10 years every time he beat UK, he woulda still let his contract expire if it wasn’t for the uk nit team, moreso Ryan harrow being insanely overrated lol. Well Goodwin and Noel as well to an extent, although nerlens had no chance in hell to live up to his hype bc people were pegging him as the next AD before he ever stepped on the court. And that’s not fair to anyone to try and make them out to be AD. If AD wasn’t so injury prone, I feel like he would be right up there with Giannas lebron Durant etc. I’m only 35 but he was the most dominant college player I’ve ever seen. Even moreso than oden, bc he was soooooooo good defensively. He could win games on the defensive end and only score 6-8 pts in college. Maybe I should have said hands down best defensive player I’ve ever seen in college, instead of dominate. But he did dominate games, purely on the offensive glass and the defensive end of the court.

well I guess pitino did win 2 out of like what 12-13 or whatever bc we won in Mitchell’s last year, somehow.

that uk team might end up in the same conversation as the 98(I think, the year after y’all won and were set to repeat until Derek Anderson got hurt) 2015 and 2009 teams as one of the best uk teams ever to not win it all. Fox monk bam, that team was super nasty. Especially if fox and bam keep tearing up the nba, and monk has been playing really good as well, but he’s obv not quite the star as bam and fox.

:cool:
Like I said above.

I thought we were talking about jorts? Harrelson. My mistake.

completely glossed over the mention of WCS and thought the post was all about jorts which is why I thought they had the years wrong.

auburn dude is the wrong one then 😂 . Jorts was no all American but he did more than just 2-3 good tourney games his senior year.

He absolutely abused us, pretty sure he was the games leading scorer. We weren’t great but we were better than ppl think just bc we got upset by morehead, but no one likes to remember Preston knowles our best player and only senior leader broke his leg early in the second half. Which I know shit happens but still just going back to jorts abused us, and while that team wasnt elite we weren’t scrubs either, in my biased opinion.

man my memory is so bad, combined with the roster turnover at uk and I can’t even remember who was on that team except jorts and Brandon Knight. I feel like y’all had a stud pf or SG as well. Liggins was there I think, but I feel like y’all had another stud in the front court. It wasn’t Jones I don’t think, that was the next year, but I can’t remember the pg from that team, just jones and lamb, and y’all always had a stud pg sans harrow, briscoe (sg who can’t shoot might as well be a pg) and now askew lol. Who was After knight before Teague. Can’t be briscoe bc he wasn’t on the title team iirc and he stayed more than one year bc he couldn’t shoot. Did briscoe come in with knight and then play pg the next year with jones and lamb? **** it I’ll forget by next week anyways. I’m just confusing myself at this point. I honestly might be confusing the recruiting class year with the tourney team being in the next year when in reality it’s the same team. Maybe there was no team in between knight and jorts team and lamb and jones team, and those 4 plus liggins was the 2010-2011 team.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdbearde
Sure man, I live in rural trigg county. It’s in between Hopkinsville and murray, on the tenn line. I’m pretty sure most of land between the lakes is in trigg county technically, well the part in KY at least.

I’m assuming you live in Lyon or Livingston or central city? I feel like Ky dam is in one of those.
Marshall, Lyon is Barkley Lake. We will do it one day for sure,

With the way Powell and his father conducted themselves while leaving, I would expect auburn to block his transfer at all turns.

I also wouldn’t want to be him coming back to the CLAM with 100% capacity. Stretch (10th man. 7’1” Nigerian who fouls out in 6 minutes of play) will be on goon squad looking for whitey.

Damn lol are Auburn fans really this tore up over a 3 star recruit leaving their program?😂

No offense, but shit like that is exactly why you are our Louisville to your Alabama. "Chris Mack or Rick Pitino beat Kentucky.....extend him a ****ing decade." I know you're saying you don't agree with it so dont take this as me taking it out on you. I'm saying your fans are dumb for saying one random win here and there is good enough.

That's ****ing dumb. We're ****ing Kentucky. And Alabama is ****ing Alabama. Louisville basketball and Auburn football are excellent, proud, storied traditions that in 99% of the country are above and beyond what their normal expectations for their local program are. But you're not us. And I don't say that as or to be an arrogant d-bag. I mean it as a statement of fact because both of your programs are generally regarded as amongst the worst cheaters in the NCAA and I believe its because of the boosters' notion that they have to "keep up with the proverbial Jones' "

“Regarded as” by fans on message boards is the last thing I’d ever worry about...

bama football has been on probation 4 times since the last time Auburn was...

Our boosters are little kids when it compares to bama and the rest...

And, no Au fan I know wanted Gus extended because he beat bama. One dumbass President who came from Iowa State and his best friend who happens to be the richest guy in the state of Alabama did that on their own. Beating bama is good and all, but hell, Auburn has a winning record over them in my lifetime and I’m not young.

And definitely no offense taken...

Damn lol are Auburn fans really this tore up over a 3 star recruit leaving their program?😂

I’m not. He’s good but it’s not like there aren’t others out there. Dude only played 2 SEC games and was like 1-15 shooting in those.

Marshall, Lyon is Barkley Lake. We will do it one day for sure,
Oh duh. So yea I’m way more familiar with the Barkley side. I went to murray though so I know a little about Kentucky lake in Calloway. But I knew Ky dam is not in Calloway.

Marshall county, yea not far at all. I ate at willow pond last weekend, in aurora, which is a round about way to Marshall county. from here. I probably haven’t been to Marshall since like 2003-2004 when we scrimmaged them in football one year and needless to say it was brutal. But I mean I know the area kinda, past Fenton, and then I get to Benton and all that. What’s the city in Marshall? Is it Benton?

Oh duh. So yea I’m way more familiar with the Barkley side. I went to murray though so I know a little about Kentucky lake in Calloway. But I knew Ky dam is not in Calloway.

Marshall county, yea not far at all. I ate at willow pond last weekend, in aurora, which is a round about way to Marshall county. from here. I probably haven’t been to Marshall since like 2003-2004 when we scrimmaged them in football one year and needless to say it was brutal. But I mean I know the area kinda, past Fenton, and then I get to Benton and all that. What’s the city in Marshall? Is it Benton?
I live in the county, but yes Benton is my mailing address. I have never ate at the restaurant in Cadiz but a neighbor that camps and rides horses at Wranglers in LBL said he likes it.

That's closer to lake Cumberland, if I am thinking correctly Pulaski county is Summerset area, that's over 3 hours from me.
Yep, Grew up at Green River lake in Taylor and Lake Cumberland in the Russell Springs, Somerset area. That's where my family is at.

I live in the county, but yes Benton is my mailing address. I have never ate at the restaurant in Cadiz but a neighbor that camps and rides horses at Wranglers in LBL said he likes it.
Oh I was being sarcastic about the Cadiz restaurant, it’s not bad or anything but it’s not like a tourist destination restraint like willow pond or patties or Martha’s in murray. All the fast food places and Cracker Barrel aren’t really in Cadiz, they are up by the interstate, 24. They just moved the city’s limits all the way out there so they could tax em.

the Cadiz restaurant is the only one in the city besides sonic lol.

Oh I was being sarcastic. All the fast food places and Cracker Barrel aren’t really in Cadiz, they are up by the interstate, 24. They just moved the city’s limits all the way out there so they could tax em.

the Cadiz restaurant is the only one in the city besides sonic lol.

Is it good?

Is it good?

Yea it’s pretty good. Good burgers, French dip, and a buffet if u don’t wanna order off the menu. I’m not a big food junkie, so anything someone else makes is good to me 😂

Damn I forgot about ferrells, they are a really good burger joint but they jacked their prices up and I got a Dewey in their parking lot about a decade ago so I haven’t ate there Since then smdh.

There’s also a pretty good bbq joint that’s only open in the summer kinda like belews, in canton, which is the area as soon as u cross Barkley bridge.

Yea it’s pretty good. Good burgers, French dip, and a buffet if u don’t wanna order off the menu. I’m not a big food junkie, so anything someone else makes is good to me 😂

Damn I forgot about ferrells, they are a really good burger joint but they jacked their prices up and I got a Dewey in their parking lot about a decade ago so I haven’t ate there Since then smdh.

There’s also a pretty good bbq joint that’s only open in the summer kinda like belews, in canton, which is the area as soon as u cross Barkley bridge.
Buddy, I have two boys older than you so bare with me on this, but what I put in bold of your comment, please explain that to me.
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
hahah it’s just slang. regretfully I got a dui man, going for late night burgers, they are the only 24 hr joint in town. Someone behind me called me in for goin 15 in a 35 down Main Street. 😞 then the police showed up at Ferrells and grabbed me a half second after I handed the lady my money. NO change and never got a bite. Blew a dam .09 not that that makes it ok but so close you know.

Dewey is just a way to say you got a dui without flat out saying you got a dui bc it’s so stupid to do and embarrassing. But ain’t even close to the last mistake I’ve evermade so just is what it is.

Last edited:
hahah it’s just slang. regretfully I got a dui man, going for late night burgers, they are the only 24 hr joint in town. Someone behind me called me in for goin 15 in a 35 down Main Street. 😞 then the police showed up at Ferrells and grabbed me a half second after I handed the lady my money. NO change and never got a bite. Blew a dam .09 not that that makes it ok but so close you know.

Dewey is just a way to say you got a dui without flat out saying you got a dui bc it’s so stupid to do and embarrassing. But ain’t even close to the last mistake I’ve evermade so just is what it is.

I got it, that's nothing to be embarrassed about, we all make mistakes, been there done it. I remember the days when the county and state police would pull you over, take your beverages and tell you to go home and don't be on the roads again that night, matter of fact, I have had them follow me home, wake my parents up and tell them. 😂
Now days, I would not sit behind the controls of any machinery if I had as much as one beer, not worth it. :cool:

Reactions: Villian07
That’s is pretty crazy but I’ve heard similar stories for my friends parents and older people we’d have but us beer. One of my friends dad didn’t give a shit lol he would get drunk with us after we hit 16 lol..

But yea the times have definitely changed on the driving. Which is understndle considering the worst case scenerios of what could and have happened to ppl.

I am already over Powell. uK was still tampering however. I get it though after seeing cal basically thrown his entire team under the bus today. Cal has issues developing players. They have to be studs when they get there because he won’t make them better

....ever hear of Josh Harrelson, Andre Liggins, Shea Gilgeous-Alexander, Nick Richards, Tyler Ulis, PJ Washington.... just to name a few?

• Haha
Reactions: rockycard
With the way Powell and his father conducted themselves while leaving, I would expect auburn to block his transfer at all turns.

I also wouldn’t want to be him coming back to the CLAM with 100% capacity. Stretch (10th man. 7’1” Nigerian who fouls out in 6 minutes of play) will be on goon squad looking for whitey.

You do know Auburn had to file for him to be in the Transfer portal. If they wanted to hold him back, they wouldn't have done that.

Blew a dam .09
I always thought the slang term for a cop was “5-0”?
When did it become “09”?

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT