ADVERTISEMENT

John calipari and Kentucky....

Tampering? Lmao cry more bitch.

Guys from Kentucky are transferring out of AU and WKU and might want to play for......gasp...............Kentucky?!?!?! Also one potentially coming from Iowa while we're at it.

WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN THIS?!?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Tampering? Lmao cry more bitch.

Guys from Kentucky are transferring out of AU and WKU and might want to play for......gasp...............Kentucky?!?!?! Also one potentially coming from Iowa while we're at it.

WHO COULD HAVE FORESEEN THIS?!?
Awww Look at this loser that defines his lifes worth off of a university he has never attended’s basketball team

Awww Look at this loser that defines his lifes worth off of a university he has never attended’s basketball team
Class of 2005.

Aww, look at this loser just making shit up as he goes because he doesn't have an actual substantive rebuttal to offer. Id be ass chapped too if the last time my team was relevant in anything was when Reagan was president. Don't throw a chair at me Bob! Laughing

Class of 2005.

Aww, look at this loser just making shit up as he goes because he doesn't have an actual substantive rebuttal to offer. Id be ass chapped too if the last time my team was relevant in anything was when Reagan was president. Don't throw a chair at me Bob! Laughing
Ummm my team has been in a more recent final 4’s than yours has been and we beat you to get there

Ummm my team has been in a more recent final 4’s than yours has been and we beat you to get there
Oh, you're a dual bandwagoner. Auburn and Indiana I see.

Well.....at least Indiana has some leg room to actual sit down at a table with us and talk about basketball.

You're Auburn. RollLaugh The child's table with Ole Miss and Georgia is over there son.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
josh harrelson had like a 2-3 game decent stretch in the 2011 tourney. Was pretty average at best other than that. Cauley stein of course looked food when he got to play along side 5 other first round draft pics. Dude looked terrible in 2013 though when the team was subpar.

He looked terrible in 2013? Oh you mean his freshman season lol. Yea he was a freshman but by the time he was a Junior he became a first round draft pick. Guess what that’s called....say it with me....player development!!!🤣

• Haha
Oh, you're a dual bandwagoner. Auburn and Indiana I see.

Well.....at least Indiana has some leg room to actual sit down at a table with us and talk about basketball.

You're Auburn. RollLaugh The child's table with Ole Miss and Georgia is over there son.
Bandwagon? LOL. I have degrees from both places

So you're a well educated bandwagoner. I can respect that.

What I can't respect is Auburn basketball.
Been to a more recent final 4 and Pearl has a victory over UK now 5 seasons in a row so I am liking where we are at

link to where Auburn paid his dad? There is nothing out there at all about Auburn paying him. Learn the actual facts of the case

right right, just like zion turned down Kansas’s six figures to go play for free at duke.

did the ncaa not make a “cam newton” rule like the other poster alluded to.

I don’t even care, I don’t dislike auburn and I feel like every football program in the sec is dirty sans vandy, hell every big time football program in any conference, but I don’t have a link for that either.

Been to a more recent final 4 and Pearl has a victory over UK now 5 seasons in a row so I am liking where we are at
Hey, I'm going to give you hell regardless, but if you're happy as a fan, that's what truly matters. UK has been consistently winning 8 games in football. I'm pretty pleased. I want Stoops to take that next step and make it a consistent 9 or 10. But I am happy where we are.

Same deal. Auburn would laugh at that. We have different expectations for our programs obviously.

Hey, I'm going to give you hell regardless, but if you're happy as a fan, that's what truly matters. UK has been consistently winning 8 games in football. I'm pretty pleased. I want Stoops to take that next step and make it a consistent 9 or 10. But I am happy where we are.

Same deal. Auburn would laugh at that. We have different expectations for our programs obviously.
Stoops has been more than impressive to me at UK. I actually though Auburn should have talked to him last year

He looked terrible in 2013? Oh you mean his freshman season lol. Yea he was a freshman but by the time he was a Junior he became a first round draft pick. Guess what that’s called....say it with me....player development!!!🤣

I’m not trying to pick a fight but I believe you are incorrect. 2013 was nerlens, Goodwin, harrow and company. Unless u mean 2013-2014 which was Harrison twins, Randle, James Young etc. I’m fairly certain cal did not recruit jorts. I think him, Patterson, Orrin, and maybe liggins were bcg recruits. But I’m not positive on that

I remember jorts killed us (Louisville) his senior year. And iirc we had Terrence Jennings at the five. And Jennings left louisville way before Siva Russ luke and gorgui won it all in 2013. Pretty sure he wasn’t on the 2012 final four team either.

Jennings was such An enigma. Athletic as hell, plenty of size. Just lacked a motor and had terrible basketball IQ. And left school too early to go undrafted and go play in Belgium. As a recruit many compared him to an amare staudemire cline, but he obv never lived up to that. Another 25+ ranked high four star/low five star who never played near as good as his HS ranking.

but we are good at those looking back at behanen, VJ king, shquaan aaron. Even blackshear had a nice career but he stayed 4 years as a burger boy and I can’t imagine he’s on any nba roster or G league team but I haveno clue tbh.

Stoops has been more than impressive to me at UK. I actually though Auburn should have talked to him last year
I don't think after all the complaining y'all did about Gus' offense that you'd be happy with his. I do question how his mindset would change if he had the top recruits coming in on that side of the ball.

Defensively, I never thought in my life I'd see Kentucky be able to play defense the way we have been.

I don't think after all the complaining y'all did about Gus' offense that you'd be happy with his. I do question how his mindset would change if he had the top recruits coming in on that side of the ball.

Defensively, I never thought in my life I'd see Kentucky be able to play defense the way we have been.

fair point. Eddy gran was an amazing RB coach at auburn for 10 years. Never did much for me as a play caller though.

fair point. Eddy gran was an amazing RB coach at auburn for 10 years. Never did much for me as a play caller though.
We always had an ongoing debate about how much of the play calling responsibility Gran had, and whether Stoops interfered with that. It seemed like we had a Dr Jekyll Mr Hyde approach to our play calling.

Whether that was Eddie or Stoops, Coach Gran is a genuine man and a complete class act. Proud to have had him a part of our program.

Totally agree. I remember laughing with my Louisville fan friends after uk have him an extension after going 2-10.

he’s done a pretty amazing job at UK, considering their football program is anything but a power house. They just will always have a low ceiling imo bc I don’t see them ever passing uga or Florida in the East to Even get to play for a conf championship. And that’s not even mentioning all the better programs in the west, bama, LSU, auburn, txam.

I kinda feel, despite the great season with snell wilson and Dupree, that UK hasn’t had a qb capable of contending for sec East titles since woodson.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to pick a fight but I believe you are incorrect. 2013 was nerlens, Goodwin, harrow and company. Unless u mean 2013-2014 which was Harrison twins, Randle, James Young etc. I’m fairly certain cal did not recruit jorts. I think him, Patterson, Orrin, and maybe liggins were bcg recruits. But I’m not positive on that

I remember jorts killed us (Louisville) his senior year. And iirc we had Terrence Jennings at the five. And Jennings left louisville way before Siva Russ luke and gorgui won it all in 2013. Pretty sure he wasn’t on the 2012 final four team either.

Jennings was such An enigma. Athletic as hell, plenty of size. Just lacked a motor and had terrible basketball IQ. And left school too early to go undrafted and go play in Belgium. As a recruit many compared him to an amare staudemire cline, but he obv never lived up to that. Another 25+ ranked high four star/low five star who never played near as good as his HS ranking.

but we are good at those looking back at behanen, VJ king, shquaan aaron. Even blackshear had a nice career but he stayed 4 years as a burger boy and I can’t imagine he’s on any nba roster or G league team but I haveno clue tbh.
2012/2013 was Willie Cauley-Stein freshman year, he backed up Nerlens

Totally agree. I remember laughing with my Louisville fan friends after uk have him an extension after going 2-10.

he’s done a pretty amazing job at UK, considering their football program is anything but a power house. They just always have a low season bc I don’t see them ever passing uga or Florida in the East to Even get to play for a conf championship. And that’s not even mentioned all the better programs in the west, bama, LSU, auburn, txam.

I guess things can always change and all rival hatred aside I personally feel like both uk fans and card fans will always be fighting amount one another.!

I kinda feel, despite the great season with snell wilson and Dupree, that UK hasn’t had a pg capable of leading them
Well, I don't think Stoops has ever had a PG. I think we've stumbled onto our problem!! Laughing Winking

All kidding aside, you're right. Our QB play has been one of the biggest problems his entire tenure. We started with what.....Jalen Whitlow. Good guy but inherited from Joker. Then we had I wanna say Patrick Towles? He transferred his SR yr to BC, I guess that last season he was here he wasnt quite tearing it up, Stoops tried Drew Barker a bit, and that caused him to just go elsewhere.

Then Drew injured his back v Florida, and we had to go with Stephen Johnson. He was never meant to be our starter, just an insurance plan. The guy was all heart and effort, just limited skillset. That brought us to Terry Wilson, who was better his sophomore year than this past year, but by no means great. You had our Lynn Bowden season where Terry was injured, and then last season.

So some of what Stoops has dealt with has been a bit of being snake bitten in that regard. But, at some point, you've got to get a guy in here who is talented enough to be a multi year leader. The last QB we had worth a damn was Andre Woodson. That was 2007.

Need investigated for tampering. Dude from wvu and now guy from Auburn rumored to UK before even officially in the portal. Justin Powell. Talking to these guys before it’s legal. That’s full Fledged tampering and illegal. It’s a shame the links some will go to. Sad really. If UK fans had any sense of morality (obviously they don’t) they should be calling for an investigation into the the shadiness of the UK basketball program led by the biggest piece of shit in college basketball history.

Doesn’t matter, we ruined them in the elite 8. Just look at the records since then :)

In all seriousness, love the Uk fans on here and can’t blame them at all. If they did tamper, I’m sure Barbee played a part but either way am not surprised as Powell will now be on his 5th school in 6 years with a dad who makes Todd Marinovich’s blush.

Either way, UK and AU are gonna be loaded next year...

I wish Gus left after 2014 :)

Exactly. We had like 4 chances for that, but dumber heads prevailed...
Yeah, it's like where we are now. I'm sure your fans were "but hurr durr Cam 2010."

OK mother****er...that was a decade ago. Same for UK Anthony Davis 2012.

Reactions: olsonab
Well, I don't think Stoops has ever had a PG. I think we've stumbled onto our problem!! Laughing Winking

All kidding aside, you're right. Our QB play has been one of the biggest problems his entire tenure. We started with what.....Jalen Whitlow. Good guy but inherited from Joker. Then we had I wanna say Patrick Towles? He transferred his SR yr to BC, I guess that last season he was here he wasnt quite tearing it up, Stoops tried Drew Barker a bit, and that caused him to just go elsewhere.

Then Drew injured his back v Florida, and we had to go with Stephen Johnson. He was never meant to be our starter, just an insurance plan. The guy was all heart and effort, just limited skillset. That brought us to Terry Wilson, who was better his sophomore year than this past year, but by no means great. You had our Lynn Bowden season where Terry was injured, and then last season.

So some of what Stoops has dealt with has been a bit of being snake bitten in that regard. But, at some point, you've got to get a guy in here who is talented enough to be a multi year leader. The last QB we had worth a damn was Andre Woodson. That was 2007.

somehow I didn’t write all of that. ESP not the pg part 😂 but auto correct is a bitch. It always gets me on wr changing it to we or Mr.

• Haha
somehow I didn’t write all of that. ESP not the pg part 😂 but auto correct is a bitch. It always gets me on wr changing it to we or Mr.
😂 I am glad that I don't this on my phone, my PC don't have auto correct, at least this old one don't. :cool:

Reactions: Villian07

That was a sneaky good team. I went to lex and watched y’all beat us on the late Stevie Johnson td. Was yeast on that squad as well? I knowjohnson and Woodson were but I don’t quite remember the rb or any other receivers that I know were definitely on the team. What about travethen (sp???) was he on that squad as well, or is he younger.

didn’t y’all best Lsu that year, the eventual champs? Or is that a diff year.

No I didnt. It’s like a poster copied and pasted my post and then added two sentences at the end.

• Haha
No I didnt. It’s like a poster copied and pasted my post and then added two sentences at the end.

Hey bud, I think you said you were in Western Ky. If so I would love to sit down and have lunch with you one day if we live close enough, I am around Kentucky lake not to far from Kentucky Dam, if you are close and game. :cool:

Willie came in with Nerlens.

Yeah, it's like where we are now. I'm sure your fans were "but hurr durr Cam 2010."

OK mother****er...that was a decade ago. Same for UK Anthony Davis 2012.

True, but it was more like Kick 6 this and Miracle in Jordan Hare that....

Most of us were done in 2015 though.....

I turned off autocorrect on my phone because the corrections were so ****ing absurd Laughing Now I just type and my spelling errors make me look like some inbred jackass instead.

That was a sneaky good team. I went to lex and watched y’all beat us on the late Stevie Johnson td. Was yeast on that squad as well? I knowjohnson and Woodson were but I don’t quite remember the rb or any other receivers that I know were definitely on the team. What about travethen (sp???) was he on that squad as well, or is he younger.

didn’t y’all best Lsu that year, the eventual champs? Or is that a diff year.
lol no Craig Yeast was Tim Couch's WR. Woodson had Stevie, Keenan Burton, Rafeal Little was RB, Dicky Lyons Jr was in there as well. Danny Trevathan and Wesley Woodyard were both on D

True, but it was more like Kick 6 this and Miracle in Jordan Hare that....

Most of us were done in 2015 though.....
No offense, but shit like that is exactly why you are our Louisville to your Alabama. "Chris Mack or Rick Pitino beat Kentucky.....extend him a ****ing decade." I know you're saying you don't agree with it so dont take this as me taking it out on you. I'm saying your fans are dumb for saying one random win here and there is good enough.

That's ****ing dumb. We're ****ing Kentucky. And Alabama is ****ing Alabama. Louisville basketball and Auburn football are excellent, proud, storied traditions that in 99% of the country are above and beyond what their normal expectations for their local program are. But you're not us. And I don't say that as or to be an arrogant d-bag. I mean it as a statement of fact because both of your programs are generally regarded as amongst the worst cheaters in the NCAA and I believe its because of the boosters' notion that they have to "keep up with the proverbial Jones' "

Hey bud, I think you said you were in Western Ky. If so I would love to sit down and have lunch with you one day if we live close enough, I am around Kentucky lake not to far from Kentucky Dam, if you are close and game. :cool:

Sure man, I live in rural trigg county. It’s in between Hopkinsville and murray, on the tenn line. I’m pretty sure most of land between the lakes is in trigg county technically, well the part in KY at least.

I’m assuming you live in Lyon or Livingston or central city? I feel like Ky dam is in one of those.

My town sucks food wise. Subway, sonic, McDonald’s, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, kfc, Cracker Barrel, and the infamous Cadiz restaurant lol.

I do work on a farm though with 5-6 ponds stacked with bass if you like to fish and wanted to make an afternoon of it.

My last sentence sounds a little to thirsty for my likings, but just wanted to throw it out there 😂

No offense, but shit like that is exactly why you are our Louisville to your Alabama. "Chris Mack or Rick Pitino beat Kentucky.....extend him a ****ing decade." I know you're saying you don't agree with it so dont take this as me taking it out on you. I'm saying your fans are dumb for saying one random win here and there is good enough.

That's ****ing dumb. We're ****ing Kentucky. And Alabama is ****ing Alabama. Louisville basketball and Auburn football are excellent, proud, storied traditions that in 99% of the country are above and beyond what their normal expectations for their local program are. But you're not us. And I don't say that as or to be an arrogant d-bag. I mean it as a statement of fact because both of your programs are generally regarded as amongst the worst cheaters in the NCAA and I believe its because of the boosters' notion that they have to "keep up with the proverbial Jones' "

Come on now y’all literally hired billy Gillespie bc he beat us in the tourney in a game in rupp. Surely you don’t believe y’all would have still hired him, or even had him on the list had he not beat us when acie law went nuts, and out dueled a freshmen sosa. (Which was somehow the best game he ever played in 4 years). Well he had one great shot as well.

And Louisville has been regarded as the worst cheaters..........since 2015 when the stripper scandal news broke and then of course the fbi stuff. Which in reality was kinda like throwing darts at a map to see who they were gonna go after. Did they investigate any program and find that they weren’t guilty of anything? I know we always hear about the ones that got caught, especially the bigger programs, but we’re there any Adidas schools that they investigated and decided everything was good here. Or Nike school for that matter, I know all the $$$nike$$$ eybl/grassroot$ stuff was thrown out in court with not much of a rea$on why. If U really think the fbi probe caught all the teams that had players getting paid, then we will just have to agree to disagree bc there’s no way anyone could convince me they got everyone. Eap when the fbi admitted they targeted certain programs by saying stuff like we wanted a big fish. We wanted pitino.

Or when there is the text message to Kenny payne where the Nike exec told him he had to pay players/families on 38/40 Nike aau teams small ransoms just to keep them on the Nike aau circuit. But they wouldn’t do the same to get a kid to a Nike college lol. Like aau ball recoups any money. And I’m not taking a shot at uk, it just happened to be Kenny. Payne he texted. I’m just saying that’s 38 kids that should have had to forfeit their amateur status, and I’d bet most went to Nike schools. And if Nike was willing to pay to keep kids on a summer league aau team, I just can’t believe they wouldn’t do the same to get a kid to a Nike college, esp when a former Nike exec was caught in the wire saying this is how Nike does it as well (Paraphrasing I know)

If Nike wasn’t doing the same exact thing as Adidas, (enter merl code quote here) then the few Adidas teams (compared to the number of Nike teams) would have been out recruiting everyone by miles. Money talks and not too many people are gonna turn down free $$$, especially not life changing money.

Plus OT but how the eff is javonte smart still playing When it’s common knowledge he got a strong ass offer to go to LSU. are u and afamu the only posters on the board who still think zion turned down6 figures from Kansas to go to duke for free? (Or same for cam and auburn and miss st) And his family’s ridiculous rent increase when moving to Durham as well as 3 different luxury suvs is all above board as well.

But before that, UK was absolutely nationally known as one of the worst cheaters in the ncaa. Wayyyyyyyyyyy more so than Louisville. I mean didn’t y’all get a death penalty at one point. Wasn’t that what the infamous SI Kentucky’s shame cover was about? Or tark (a known cheater who didn’t even really try to hide it) talking about recruiting Sam Bowie and when he got to his house he saw the brand new caddy Bowie got from “somewhere” and then just got back in his car and left bc he knew he was wasting his time.

Your post is showing some real recency bias imo. Which I get, it’s natural to focus on the present and recent past. Plus I guess it ain’t cheating unless you get caught.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT