ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright reeling in the 5*'s now

HRTheCard

Sep 15, 2016
Team
Louisville
Snagged Jeremiah-Robinson Earl from KU and Bryan Antoine already to go with 2 top 60 4* recruits.

Last edited:
Damn. KU is straight Nova's bitch right now. This one hurts bad. Self and staff put everything they could into this recruitment, local kid, and a legacy on both sides of the family. Nova swoops in late and takes him away.

JRE was huge about PT and sees himself as for sure OAD (he isn't a OAD though). People have said the FBI trial had no impact but It's a obvious it has. KU may have a very poor class this year. Can't make up for the bad publicity like Zona and Louisville can for some reason.

Good get Nova.

Damn. KU is straight Nova's bitch right now. This one hurts bad. Self and staff put everything they could into this recruitment, local kid, and a legacy on both sides of the family. Nova swoops in late and takes him away.

JRE was huge about PT and sees himself as for sure OAD (he isn't a OAD though). People have said the FBI trial had no impact but It's a obvious it has. KU may have a very poor class this year. Can't make up for the bad publicity like Zona and Louisville can for some reason.

Good get Nova.

I think there's a big difference between us and Zona......they are still getting 5*'s left and right.

USC locked up a great class early. I'm curious to see if they add any more.

I doubt it. They're still recruiting Boogie Ellis, but that's about it. And he's kind of a long-shot. They have 9 scholarship players who have eligibility after this season. Throw in 5 freshmen and you're already over the scholly limit. Not sure who could go pro early outside of Kevin Porter.

I honestly think he should keep recruiting the way he has been, the true one and done players may not work for him.

Best mix, IMO, is one or two elite players with a roster full of experienced players.. That's what he's after. I doubt he starts recruiting a roster full of one and done's every year.

I don't think JRE is a one and done player anyway. Five star.. 2-3 years.

Best mix, IMO, is one or two elite players with a roster full of experienced players.. That's what he's after. I doubt he starts recruiting a roster full of one and done's every year.

Depends on his ability to develop freshmen.

Depends on his ability to develop freshmen.

I don't believe freshman are really developed all that much in four months. I just think some coaches are better at getting lottery picks to choose their school.

The fact that Cuse hasn't been playing Nova every season since leaving the conference is a GD travesty.

Some of the most exciting games ever. Typically high scoring and fast paced too.

I don't believe freshman are really developed all that much in four months. I just think some coaches are better at getting lottery picks to choose their school.

I think skill wise you will not see much improvement. I do believe in 6-7 months though a freshman can make great strides mentally. They can be better prepared for the mental grind and their bball IQ improves over those. I also believe some coaches excel with OADs more because they improve their players mentally better over that year but more importantly they put that player in a position to succeed and give them more room to make mistakes and learn from them.

I think skill wise you will not see much improvement. I do believe in 6-7 months though a freshman can make great strides mentally. They can be better prepared for the mental grind and their bball IQ improves over those. I also believe some coaches excel with OADs more because they improve their players mentally better over that year but more importantly they put that player in a position to succeed and give them more room to make mistakes and learn from them.

Meh. Somewhat agree.

In my post above I was referring to lotto picks.. elite, one and done lotto picks out of high school.

Those surefire lotto picks are still going to be surefire lotto picks going to any legit power 5 program with a coach that gets paid millions a year not to f*ck it up. And some coaches are better at getting those players to pick their school.

Last edited:
Reactions: j-doolsheels
Meh. Somewhat agree.

In my post above I was referring to lotto picks.. elite, one and done lotto picks out of high school.

Those surefire lotto picks are still going to be surefire lotto picks going to any legit power 6 program with a coach that gets paid millions a year not to f*ck it up. And some coaches are better at getting those players to pick their school.

Corrected to Power 6. I don’t think the PAC12 wants to be left out.

Reactions: EssoMeng
Surprised Earl picked Villanova considering he doesn't fit the style they employ.

He would be a better fit for Kansas, or UNC.

Can you expand on how he doesn’t fit our style of play? I’ve never seen JRE play.

The Nova 4 man is typically expected to defend all 5 positions on the floor, bang 3’s if left open so we can keep the floor properly spaced, and not get pushed around in the paint when battling for rebounds... preferably he does the pushing. Curtis Sumpter, Kris Jenkins, Eric Paschal, etc.

Can you expand on how he doesn’t fit our style of play? I’ve never seen JRE play.

The Nova 4 man is typically expected to defend all 5 positions on the floor, bang 3’s if left open so we can keep the floor properly spaced, and not get pushed around in the paint when battling for rebounds... preferably he does the pushing. Curtis Sumpter, Kris Jenkins, Eric Paschal, etc.

Definitely closer to Sumpter than Jenkins and Paschall. Far more of a traditional 4-man than a wing. Solid back-to-basket skills and a great mid-range jumper. Haven't seen much of him when it comes to 3pt shooting but no doubt he should be a solid 3pt shooter eventually. Maybe not as a freshman but maybe as soon a sophomore a good 3pt shooter. We've always saw a lot of Perry Ellis in him offensively. I could definitely see JRE getting a good amount of time at the center position down the road. Great rebounder though. I think he'll be really good.

Reactions: KisteK

Good lord man don’t u know saint calipari is the only reason there is an nba. Without him developing all these diamonds in the rough in merely six months the euro league would overtake the nba.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Definitely closer to Sumpter than Jenkins and Paschall. Far more of a traditional 4-man than a wing. Solid back-to-basket skills and a great mid-range jumper. Haven't seen much of him when it comes to 3pt shooting but no doubt he should be a solid 3pt shooter eventually. Maybe not as a freshman but maybe as soon a sophomore a good 3pt shooter. We've always saw a lot of Perry Ellis in him offensively. I could definitely see JRE getting a good amount of time at the center position down the road. Great rebounder though. I think he'll be really good.

Thanks, that what I thought / hoped. Glad you confirmed. I too think we get at least 2 years from him. Jay will develop that 3 pointer and he will thrive in the stretch 4 role.

So terrible---I know of a parent that named their girl Stina or steena. That girl will be working a hole in a fence at a truck stop in no time.

Knew a girl in Paducah ky that was named Ima Pig. I hope she changed her name when she got old enough to.

ADVERTISEMENT