ADVERTISEMENT

January 2nd B1G Game Thread

Game was 10-8 Iowa. Fran changed all 5 guys and then the lead ballooned to 15 very quickly
You have my condolences; that has to be maddening to watch on a game-to-game basis.

I freak out any time Mathias and Thompson are on the bench for more than three minutes in a row, let alone if Painter was doing hockey-style line changes.

Dakich calling the IU game on ESPN, Crean calling the Iowa game on the deuce.

Gotta be awkward for Crean calling a Michigan basketball game as much as he despises their coaching staff, no?

But yeah count me as one of the guys who thinks Creans awesome in the booth. Him and DakGOAT are a great 1-2 punch for B1G games on ESPN.

You have my condolences; that has to be maddening to watch on a game-to-game basis.

I freak out any time Mathias and Thompson are on the bench for more than three minutes in a row, let alone if Painter was doing hockey-style line changes.
I would just love to sit down and watch a game with him to see what's going through his mind when he does these things
You are a good poster. It is unfortunate that you see us dump on Iowa because of Gil.
I get it, man. Thanks anyway

Reactions: LETSGOHAWKS2
Simpson comes of the bench and is avg'ing 4.6 and has 11 at the half is a 26% from 3 shooter and is 2-3 from 3, Fran has played 10 players while Bielien has played 9.

these announcers are total morons, saying that Cook and Bohannon has to get more involved Cook 15 points, Bohannon 9 points to lead the team. have no idea on more involved that they can get.

IU scores when they go at Reuvers down low with Morgan/Davis.

When they try to go at Happ, they dont score very often. Youd think theyd just keep isolating whoever Reuvers is guarding.

but Iowa's winning streak that dates back to 2013 has to end sometime.

ojBxnnV.gif

Still 8 mins left in the game

Happ is 10/13 for 23 points 7 boards 3 ssists 3 steals 2 blocks.

MAAR and Simpson really putting it to Iowa, scoring and creating for teammates -- specifically Livers with those open threes in the corner.

Iowa down by 8 Cook leaves the game with a leg cramp and everything goes to hell as the lead goes up to 17.

the bench has outscored the starters by 37-34 Livers 3 ppg and Simpson 4.5 ppg have scored 28 points both having career games tonight.

Michigan 11-25 Simpson and Livers 5-7 from 3, bench players had career games in beating Iowa to finally since 2013.
the key was Cook going to the bench with a cramp
28 points 8 rebounds, 1 assist 1 steal and 1 block
Bohannon 12 points 4-7 from 3, 4 rebounds, 3 assists
Garza may get his starting job back
6 points 5 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block.

Now I don't have to hear Giligan tell me how many straight Michigan has lost to Iowa.
hey your team losing streak to Iowa had to end sometime, now it = the FB team Iowa has won 5 out of the 6 and now the BB has won 5 out of the last 6 against the great Michigan teams

ADVERTISEMENT