ADVERTISEMENT

James Wiseman

WTF? Making calls now.

*Penny helped Wiseman move from Nashville to Memphis.
Not trying to shit on Duke or anyone, but how is this different than how Bagley's parents received all that money by the dad having his AAU team?
Your words, not mine about Penny helping Wiseman move.
I’m not saying the Bagley’s doings in high school were on the up and up, but while in high school, what involvement did Duke have with the Bagley family?
For what it’s worth, I’m not a Bagley fan, nor am I crazy about how he jumped around and his dad benefited. But is there any evidence that Duke did for them what Penny supposedly did for Wiseman?

If u think ur team never provided any impermissible benefits after all the wire taps, blanket statements, bagmens ledgers, etc believe what u want I don’t really care.

I don't get why people keep using this logic when in reality, it was around 10 or so teams caught cheating. That's not close to a large enough % to indicate every school is cheating. You think that because your school was one caught doing it.

But then I found out schools like DePaul and creighton are doing the same thing and not landing top recruits, while schools like Arizona and Kansas were doing the same thing and landing 5 star burger boys.

I don’t see how anyone can think anything other than every school must be doing the same things too. If irrelevant programs to blue bloods were doing it, I assume everyone must be doing it too. But maybe I’m wrong. I’ve been wrong before and I’m sure I will be again in the future.

Who cares? Some people steal Gucci clothes, some steal at Wal-Mart. You take what you can get. A few smaller schools cheating doesn't indicate mass cheating. It also doesn't mean every big recruit is taking more money elsewhere just because they didn't take money to go to a small school with no exposure. I don't see how a logical person could use 3% of a whole as proof that the whole is the same as the 3%. If the number was way bigger, most people would agree with you. It's not, it's a tiny portion.

As for the OP, I have no issue with someone helping the less fortunate. But, this was clearly done to get Wiseman at Memphis. He shouldn't get to play. Sucks for CBB fans, but it'll be okay for the guy. He'll be a millionaire in less than a year and living out his dream.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and RipThru
Absolutely. I say do it. jumpingsmile

Hell according to the things being said in this thread apparently principals and coaches that your not gonna play for in college can pay kids for whatever as long as they aren’t boosters. Or even if they are boosters but has no idea they’d end up coaching their alma mater.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
If only the teams that got caught were paying players then DePaul and creighton would have been landing top 10 classes on the regular, like Arizona and Kansas did.

We all love our teams but do you honestly think every single high profile recruit in the last (well this has been going on forever, like John wooden forever) but whatever time frame you wanna use, that went to your school chose your school for free when they could have gone to usc or Arizona or Miami and got $100k or more? People act like players being paid just started when the fbi stepped in, when it’s literally been going on for over half a century. I guess believe what u want to believe, it’s ur life.

If only the teams that got caught were paying players then DePaul and creighton would have been landing top 10 classes on the regular, like Arizona and Kansas did.

We all love our teams but do you honestly think every single high profile recruit in the last (well this has been going on forever, like John wooden forever) but whatever time frame you wanna use, that went to your school chose your school for free when they could have gone to usc or Arizona or Miami and got $100k or more? People act like players being paid just started when the fbi stepped in, when it’s literally been going on for over half a century. I guess believe what u want to believe, it’s ur life.

Some will always remain in denial.

Or pretend to, so they can "win the internet."

I respect villian for sticking by his argument tbh. Even if I don’t agree with them.

WTF? Making calls now.

*Penny helped Wiseman move from Nashville to Memphis.

That f'n sucks.

They are now suing UMemphis and the NCAA for a million. NCAA declared Penny a booster for UM. Everyone knows the ties and effort Penny has played in Memphis, he built a huge sports complex on the east side and was coach of the AAU team Bluff City.

This happened years ago. We all know Penny wasn't the coach at UM prior to last year.

Not trying to shit on Duke or anyone, but how is this different than how Bagley's parents received all that money by the dad having his AAU team?

Simple, it's not against any rules for receiving money to run an AAU team. Everyone who runs an AAU team gets paid.

NBA scouts should be out in full force tomorrow here in Portland for the PKI. Unfortunately, UO's only guy big enough to guard him was hit by a car last week...don't think he'll play. That and N'Falay Dante ISN'T ELIGIBLE YET! Read that Penny--not eligible yet, ha ha ha ha. Maybe WAIT UNTIL HE'S ELIGIBLE? One way to handle it.

True but not all get 200k to run an aau team. I’m fact none do unless they have a five star son

I cannot argue the amount, just that it's not against the rules. That said, is there a cost of living amount because they were in California, I believe? Perhaps the amount would be more in higher cost cities?

This really is sad/dumb! As much corruption that has happened over the last few years in NCAA basketball/football and teams walking away with little to no punishment why even make this a big deal. The NCAA should be embarrassed. Nothing but a joke corporation!

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
It would be interesting to see what the 11k was spent on. Deposit on place in Memphis, maybe first and last. If they bought out of a lease in Nashville. Of course the Uhaul, gas,etc. If they didn't move themselves, then movers. Utility deposits, or any utility contracts from Nashville.

All this assuming the Wiseman's didn't move from the ghetto in Nashville to the ghetto in Memphis. o_O 11k wouldn't cost that much and there would be much more info out there, or they were probably middle class and just moving from house to house.

I'm now curious to see how the NCAA (after getting a vasectomy from the FBI), handles Memphis saying "no".

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
You're using your sister as a base line.That's a problem in logic.

It would cost me thousands to move to my next doors neighbors house. For some it's not just picking up a few cardboard boxes and furniture.
then you're ****ing lazy and paying some high dollar union guys to move you. I've moved 4 times since 2003 and never spent a thousand dollars let alone thousands of dollars.

then you're ****ing lazy and paying some high dollar union guys to move you. I've moved 4 times since 2003 and never spent a thousand dollars let alone thousands of dollars.
I love frugale(sp?) ppl. I practice it everyday.I might sound like an asshole here, but **** the guys that gets help. If you can't do it yourself then don't do it.

I bet you guys drink your Busch Light from a can. I don't mind moving on my own, with help from friends. However, I'm all about paying other people to do work I don't feel like doing.

Having a weekend to relax is worth the $2-3k (I don't recall exactly) it cost me to have someone move our family across town. Moving is already stressful enough.

I bet you guys drink your Busch Light from a can. I don't mind moving on my own, with help from friends. However, I'm all about paying other people to do work I don't feel like doing.
I'm still debating on trying the Natty selzer.

I'm still debating on trying the Natty selzer.

I tried it at a party I was out for my boy's baseball team. For what it is it wasn't bad.

I have changed my tires. I have actually changed more tires for other people's than my own though. I have zero issues paying someone else to do it though. I'm all about stimulating the economy in any way I can.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You're using your sister as a base line.That's a problem in logic.

It would cost me thousands to move to my next doors neighbors house. For some it's not just picking up a few cardboard boxes and furniture.
You're comparing someone (yourself) who has made at least decent money throughout your life . Which has resulted in you filling up you're house with furniture and decorations at a faster clip then what a single mother who's not financially stable would have.

Trust me there's a major difference! Before my injury I spent over 10k moving from Indiana to Florida. I felt like I had moved an entire Ikea store. However, after my injury which resulted in me having to quit my very well paying job....I moved my family back up to Indiana for under $2k. We sold everything that wouldn't fit inside the largest UHAUL truck. So, the only expenses we had was the 1 rental truck....it's gas and the gas of the vehicle my wife drove.

Jay Williams is rich. He should just pay it off for him if he cares so much about it. It’s not like Wiseman can’t pay him back next summer.

My first thought as well. Also, I feel kind of like an asshole, I'm purposely keeping this from ppl I work with. I'm fairly certain they could could up with the money themselves if they just knew about it.

*I told my finance mgr, I curious to see if if there's an uptick. It's currently at 3837.

Last edited:
Reactions: schoonerwest
ADVERTISEMENT