ADVERTISEMENT

James Wiseman

Hopefully this judge has the balls to call out the ncaa for the pieces of sh** they are. I mean are there any fans of college athletics besides iuborden that doesn’t hate the NCAA and their inconsistent and selective punishments.

I'm a little bitter UM fired Tubby and hired Penny just to land Wiseman, but this is horseshit. Wiseman was all but guaranteed to go to UK and Memphis wasn't going to allow it. But.., this isn't some nefarious act to get a leg up by Penny. It was a guy helping his mom (old friend), move back "home".

I dont understand people not having an issue with this. You take $11.5k, you dont get to play in the NCAA (especially not for the guy who paid your family's $11.5k expenses.)

It sucks for the kid, but what is the point of even having rules if we are gonna just hand waive them away?

I don't care who got away with what, two wrongs dont make a right and anyone caught breaking rules should be punished.

I dont understand people not having an issue with this. You take $11.5k, you dont get to play in the NCAA (especially not for the guy who paid your family's $11.5k expenses.)

It sucks for the kid, but what is the point of even having rules if we are gonna just hand waive them away?

I don't care who got away with what, two wrongs dont make a right and anyone caught breaking rules should be punished.

This

@klize17 suggests just suspending the coach and letting the cheating program reap the benefits of paying players.

Like you said, why even have rules?

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
I wish I could be the badass you are

tenor.gif

Weird.

Everything about Memphis screams "above board" and "well organized".

Very surprised by this, hope they clear it up soon so that Penny can get back to winning that national championship.
I'm really fighting back the urge to bring up Memphis 80's vacated FF, or when Calipari helped get dude from Washington mom get a job at FedEx HQ.

Reactions: Hank_
Hopefully this judge has the balls to call out the ncaa for the pieces of sh** they are. I mean are there any fans of college athletics besides iuborden that doesn’t hate the NCAA and their inconsistent and selective punishments.
Where did I say I like the NCAA?

It was to help his family move from Nashville to to Memphis to play for penny’s high school team. Granted he ended up at Memphis state with Penny as well, but all that wasnt in place when penny helped move the family.

Ncaa didn’t seem to have a problem with Eric Bledsoe’s principal paying Bledsoes families rent or changing his grades. Granted Bledsoe’s family was in a much tougher situation than the wiseman family (I assume)

I'm really fighting back the urge to bring up Memphis 80's vacated FF, or when Calipari helped get dude from Washington mom get a job at FedEx HQ.

Please do. Don’t leave out the part about Calipari landing Dejuan Wagner by giving Dejuans father milt wagner a “job”, who introduced him to www who catapulted calipari into becoming the best recruiter in history.

Milt was a former Louisville player but Denny Crum either wouldn’t or couldn’t give him a job bc Milt never completed his degree.

Last edited:
And we all know the same things are going on at (enter school you don’t root for here)
I think Illinois is doing it, but I just wish they skipped and jumped over the line instead of stepping over sometimes.

Reactions: jace4655555
Yea I’m gettin my first glimpse of wiseman tonight and Dude is jacked.

I think Illinois is doing it, but I just wish they skipped and jumped over the line instead of stepping over sometimes.

That was more for the unc/uk/duke fans that all think their program is the only clean program in the nation.

It was to help his family move from Nashville to to Memphis to play for penny’s high school team. Granted he ended up at Memphis state with Penny as well, but all that wasnt in place when penny helped move the family.

Ncaa didn’t seem to have a problem with Eric Bledsoe’s principal paying Bledsoes families rent or changing his grades. Granted Bledsoe’s family was in a much tougher situation than the wiseman family (I assume)

Bledsoe’s high school coach wasn’t a booster for the university he ended up playing for.

Bledsoe’s high school coach wasn’t a booster for the university he ended up playing for.

It’s still an impermissible benefit. You think that principal was paying rent for every poor family at his school or just the one that was/is really really good at playing basketball. Was he changing other kids grades that weren’t highly ranked recruits to get them eligible for college?

I thought it was the principle not the coach but either way it’s still an impermissible benefit, booster or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: jace4655555
I’m not a Louisville booster or alumni, don’t have season tickets, nothing but a fan. Does that mean I could go pay a recruit or his family rent money or car payment money to commit to Louisville and it would be A OK bc im not a booster?

It’s still an impermissible benefit. You think that principal was paying rent for every poor family at his school or just the one that was/is really really good at playing basketball. Was he changing other kids grades that weren’t highly ranked recruits to get them eligible for college?

I thought it was the principle not the coach but either way it’s still an impermissible benefit, booster or not.

Please don’t go full potato

Please do. Don’t leave out the part about Calipari landing Dejuan Wagner by giving Dejuans father milt wagner a “job”, who introduced him to www who catapulted calipari into becoming the best recruiter in history.

Milt was a former Louisville player but Denny Crum either wouldn’t or couldn’t give him a job bc Milt never completed his degree.
I'm just going to let you run with that. You should repeat it every chance you get.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
I'm just going to let you run with that. You should repeat it every chance you get.

That’s bc you can’t argue that I’m wrong. Ur in Memphis, google Memphis’s records and recruiting before and after Dejuan Wagner played for calipari.

You already hinted at him getting a recruits mom a job, he did the same thing for Dejuan’s dad.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

It wouldn't be for UK like this is for Memphis unless the principal was a UK booster. It may could get the HS in trouble or something. I'm not sure why the NCAA would care that some principal was paying rent for a player to not be homeless and play HS ball somewhere.

I don’t for a second think you don’t see the difference.

Oh I definitely see the difference but an impermissible benefit is an impermissible benefit, at least according to the ncaa bylaws, well allegedly. But imo changing a kids grades to make him eligible for college is far worse institutionally than helping a kids family move to play for the high school team you coach. I mean don’t get me wrong both are def shady but whatever ur entitled to ur own opinion.

It wouldn't be for UK like this is for Memphis unless the principal was a UK booster. It may could get the HS in trouble or something. I'm not sure why the NCAA would care that some principal was paying rent for a player to not be homeless and play HS ball somewhere.

So as long as you aren’t a booster at a school you can pay/do whatever u want to help prospects/recruits.

I’m not saying UK should have got in trouble, I’m saying Bledsoe should have been ineligible just like the ncaa is saying wiseman should be.

Oh I definitely see the difference but an impermissible benefit is an impermissible benefit, at least according to the ncaa bylaws, well allegedly. But imo changing a kids grades to make him eligible for college is far worse institutionally than helping a kids family move to play for the high school team you coach. I mean don’t get me wrong both are def shady but whatever ur entitled to ur own opinion.

I said DONT go full potato

And yes I understand Bledsoe and his family were in a terrible situation, but like i said do you think the principle was paying rent and changing grades for every kid who grew up poor in his high school, or just the one that was good at basketball.

That’s what makes it an impermissible benefit. It’s The direct opposite of the bs that saved UNC, in that regular students could take the fake classes too, not just the students who were on the football/basketball teams.

ADVERTISEMENT