ADVERTISEMENT

James Wiseman

Apparently ineligible.

WTF? Making calls now.

*Penny helped Wiseman move from Nashville to Memphis.

That f'n sucks.

They are now suing UMemphis and the NCAA for a million. NCAA declared Penny a booster for UM. Everyone knows the ties and effort Penny has played in Memphis, he built a huge sports complex on the east side and was coach of the AAU team Bluff City.

This happened years ago. We all know Penny wasn't the coach at UM prior to last year.

Not trying to shit on Duke or anyone, but how is this different than how Bagley's parents received all that money by the dad having his AAU team?

Last edited:
For helping him move are you serious. Wtf man. Got widespread pay for play corruption everywhere and they get him bc penny helped him move. What a effing joke. If I was penny I’d play him anyways and let the almighty ncaa vacate away bc I doubt they would win it all with him anyways, definitely don’t think they can without him.

I don’t even like Memphis, but hopefully this will be one of those sit so many games and then he can play again, bc quite frankly I just wanna see him play. I’ve heard the hype just haven’t seen him in action.

Reactions: jamo0001
Pissed is a pretty accurate adjective to describe the mood right now. Wiseman was the crown jewel of getting back at Calipari...and local talent. Look at Penny's recruiting class and how many locals kids he got staying home.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Wiseman will be fine. He has an excuse to just sit and wait for the draft pay day now. No risk of injury. No risk of getting exposed against the few decent teams they play. He’ll be a top 5 pick guaranteed.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
We, as college basketball fans, just lost being able to watch the #1 draft pick play.

The nba is the only people preventing us from seeing this year. He doesn’t belong in college basketball. Nor did Zion and quite a few others

Penny is a sham, but so is the NCAA.

Inexperienced = sham????

Dude was a legit star in the nba, I’d have to think he knows a little about the game. Don’t get me wrong I have no idea if he will be a successful college coach or not but it’s a little early to call him a sham imo

Penny has known the Wiseman family prior to him really blowing up on a national scale. Him helping them move, while can be seen as self motivated, was basically showing up with a Uhaul and literally helping them move back to Memphis.

He clearly stated “as college basketball fans” and he’s right. Not every college basketball fan is an nba fan.
I don't like the NBA either, once the one n done rule is gone. players like this kid will go straight to the NBA anyway, so I don't understand these crybabies about not getting to see him. never was in favor of the one n done rule.

give me the 4 year player every time. lets me get the chance to learn his name.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
What is a move from Nashville to Memphis...like $1000? NCAA tossing him aside for an amount of money they make every 4 seconds. Trash human beings run that organization. And trust me, cheering for the Jayhawks, I have learned a lot about the NCAA, lol.

Apparently a Memphis judge just ruled he can play for now. Not sure how all that works.

I don't like the NBA either, once the one n done rule is gone. players like this kid will go straight to the NBA anyway, so I don't understand these crybabies about not getting to see him. never was in favor of the one n done rule.

I think you're talking about a different subject than the OP. Nice rant though.

Also,some ppl like watching talent.

I totally agree but with the way the rules are right now I enjoy watching the best players play, whether they are freshmen or seniors. And we’ve all been hearing about how the one and done is about to go away for a few years now, what is keeping them from pulling the trigger.

If he chose UK, Penny helping his family move wouldn't be an issue.

Youre probably to young to remember the Cliff Rozier situation.

Cliff was on a transfer recruiting visit to uofk. Sean Woods was his host.
They ended up in Louisville. Past the mile limits for entertaining a recruit.
uofk couldn't sign him. Yall get Anthony Dent instead.

If that hadnt have happened, yall could have had All American Rozier, while the Cards could have landed Dent.

Reactions: Montana81
ADVERTISEMENT