ADVERTISEMENT

It's only Wednesday and....

These big conferences now play an unbalanced schedule which allows teams to have better records than the best team in the conference. The ACC currently is a perfect example. Duke, in my view, is by far the best team yet they are in 4th place. That will change.

These big conferences now play an unbalanced schedule which allows teams to have better records than the best team in the conference. The ACC currently is a perfect example. Duke, in my view, is by far the best team yet they are in 4th place. That will change.

In all fairness, we got a pretty good schedule this year, compared to some previous years;)

I agree. Duke is the best team in the nation this year. ACC standing at this poing mean little to nothing.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
This seems to be the moral of the story... For the most part.
Yep. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kansas loses another one at AFH this year. Almost impossible to imagine so many losses at home in one year. Not sure it’s happened in my lifetime. Still... it could definitely happen.

In all fairness, we got a pretty good schedule this year, compared to some previous years;)

I doubt you'll hear one mention of it from the media if Duke wins the ACC regular season though.

I doubt you'll hear one mention of it from the media if Duke wins the ACC regular season though.

They rarely discuss it. Look at some of the last few winners; they had cake walks. No one in the media discussed it. That's why nobody in the ACC with any clue cares about the regular season champs anymore.

They rarely discuss it. Look at some of the last few winners; they had cake walks. No one in the media discussed it. That's why nobody in the ACC with any clue cares about the regular season champs anymore.

Trust me. They discussed it when UVA was winning the regular season.

Yep. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kansas loses another one at AFH this year. Almost impossible to imagine so many losses at home in one year. Not sure it’s happened in my lifetime. Still... it could definitely happen.

1999. Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska. That KU teams was in danger of missing the tournament but they won the Big 12 tournament and jumped to a 6 seed.

Reactions: npreston
Would not surprise me to see UVA lose on the road at GT tonight.

Conference games, especially road games are rough. It's magnified for top teams because everyone gets up for you and sells out for you. Tough to maintain that night in and night out.

Plus there just aren't elite teams this year.

Duke is already playing D. Did you watch them? They're getting a lot better. This will be one year Duke and UK meet up in the tournament.
The issue with Duke now is turnovers and being careless with the ball. Defense is improving but not there yet, they've shown flashes of what they can become but they've yet to pull it together for a full 40 minutes. Would not look forward to facing UK in March, they will be much improved by then.

ADVERTISEMENT