ADVERTISEMENT

It’s time to ban court stormimgs

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
If that was a big nothing burger I hope he broke his hand punching the fire extinguisher.
I mean, espcnn did a fairly extended segment on it showing multiple replays. A Utah State player was accused of swearing at an assistant coach for Nevada, but I didn't hear anything. Then Nevada's coach was whining about the fans touching his players, but in the replay, all you see is them running to center court. At worst, maybe some of them rubbed shoulders. Just seems like they aren't use to losing in their weak conference and took it hard. Cry me a river.

I mean, espcnn did a fairly extended segment on it showing multiple replays. A Utah State player was accused of swearing at an assistant coach for Nevada, but I didn't hear anything. Then Nevada's coach was whining about the fans touching his players, but in the replay, all you see is them running to center court. At worst, maybe some of them rubbed shoulders. Just seems like they aren't use to losing in their weak conference and took it hard. Cry me a river.

Probably some trash-talking and light touching, which is kind of inevitable in a court-storming, but nothing really out of the ordinary. Nevada does come off extremely soft, and wow they do complain a lot (see Trey Porter)! They look prime for a first-round knockout. If officials, coaches, and players believe it is a safety issue, I'm okay with banning court stormings. Hate to see players caught in the middle of fans celebrating when they simply want to get back to the locker room.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Probably some trash-talking and light touching, which is kind of inevitable in a court-storming, but nothing really out of the ordinary. Nevada does come off extremely soft, and wow they do complain a lot (see Trey Porter)! They look prime for a first-round knockout. If officials, coaches, and players believe it is a safety issue, I'm okay with banning court stormings. Hate to see players caught in the middle of fans celebrating when they simply want to get back to the locker room.
With how the dude in the video was acting, I am just thankful that he didn't make a poor decision by taking his anger out on a helpless fan. Lol.

Reactions: dukedevilz
With how the dude in the video was acting, I am just thankful that he didn't make a poor decision by taking his anger out on a helpless fan. Lol.

Seriously! Jordan Caroline is a big dude and could easily break some bones of a 170 pound fan.

Meh, it shouldn’t happen. The fans are there to stay in their seats, not touch the players like it’s a petting zoo. Not excusing the players behavior, but no one will really know what took place, cameras don’t always showcase the actual situation. Different situation, but I watched an OKC-Denver game the other night where some kid that was sitting courtside touched Westbrook while the game was still going on. Yeah, he’s a kid, but the parents didn’t seem to mind. I think that’s bs tbh.

ADVERTISEMENT