ADVERTISEMENT

Is your school getting it's money's worth with it's coach?

Yeah, it looks like UK doesn't sell the name rights for their arena. Where UL does to KFC. Like the poster above mentioned, I bet that is a big chunk of it.
Maybe, UK's coach eats into the bottom line?

Reactions: hawkit3113
I was wondering that to. If coaches salaries are taken off the bottom line, that would explain alot as well.
At least they can brag about beating UT.....Oh wait
Or maybe winning the conference... Oh wait
Or the NCAA title... Oh wait
Fayette county, Kentucky champions:D

At least they can brag about beating UT.....Oh wait
Or maybe winning the conference... Oh wait
Or the NCAA title... Oh wait
Fayette county, Kentucky champions:D

This rivalry is savage. Lol. Makes sense though. UT is probably 2nd best historically in the SEC.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
These lists are always flawed because no two schools account for revenue and expenses the same way. If there were GAAP guidelines for NCAA athletics, it might be close to valid.

Well, Northwesterns arena is a cracker box, so it can't be from the gate.

My guess is donations, marketing money, etc....

UK leads in attendance so assuming ticket prices are similar, UK would be #1 at the gate alone. They average over 21K pre game
Kentucky tickets are out of the ceiling, plus you have to donate to keep the good one. UK gets more from the TV contract etc. So we are probably not comparing apples to apples.

Bottom line is it is a lot of accounting going on. Duke seats 1/3 the asses that Kentucky does, has far, far more students than in Rupp (which pay far less than season ticket holders), worse TV contract et.al. yet they always make more money.

Figures don't lie but liars figure.

I was wondering that to. If coaches salaries are taken off the bottom line, that would explain alot as well.
So it eats into UK's budget but not Duke's or Louisville's.

The last time I heard of the portion that UK pays of the UK's coach's salary it was below $200,000 as he is a state employee. If I am wrong please correct me.

Kentucky's tickets are sold at a premium. Kentucky seats more butts. The UK season ticket holders have to pay out the wazoo to the UKAA for seats, so it is in the accounting. Also both UK and UL do not have on campus gyms. Both are fantastic venues but are not on campus.

The SEC has had a TV network since 2014. The ACC will have one next year. But even before the launch of the SEC Network we had the UK network for decades where if a network did not pick up a game the UK network would.

Again we are watching creative accounting happen. Each school does it for a reason, they are just different reasons.

So it eats into UK's budget but not Duke's or Louisville's.

The last time I heard of the portion that UK pays of the UK's coach's salary it was below $200,000 as he is a state employee. If I am wrong please correct me.

Kentucky's tickets are sold at a premium. Kentucky seats more butts. The UK season ticket holders have to pay out the wazoo to the UKAA for seats, so it is in the accounting. Also both UK and UL do not have on campus gyms. Both are fantastic venues but are not on campus.

The SEC has had a TV network since 2014. The ACC will have one next year. But even before the launch of the SEC Network we had the UK network for decades where if a network did not pick up a game the UK network would.

Again we are watching creative accounting happen. Each school does it for a reason, they are just different reasons.

Yeah, coaches salaries are what we were wondering about. Some may take them off, and others may not.

The difference in accounting probably has alot to do with, as noted.

From strictly a gate standpoint, UK has to be #1. With the Cuse second.

Yeah, coaches salaries are what we were wondering about. Some may take them off, and others may not.

The difference in accounting probably has alot to do with, as noted.

From strictly a gate standpoint, UK has to be #1. With the Cuse second.
I would bet that UK's receipts from the gates are a lot larger.

My daughter graduated UK in 1994. All four years she had to pay for her basketball tickets. They were only five bucks but only a couple thousand were allowed in. The rest were season tickets.

I am pretty sure Louisville sells the rights to all their sporting complexes.

I am pretty sure Louisville sells the rights to all their sporting complexes.
krogerfield.jpg

So, does UK. They must be in a recession in Lexington.

There's nothing wrong with anyplace to go shopping for food, IMO. Still though, there is a quality scale that exists and Aldi is pretty far down it.

When they first started, they were the bottom, lol. Their brands you have never heard of, lol. They are upping their game though. The produce is getting better and their canned goods are solid.

I still wont buy meat there though.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Damn. So the success of your entire season is based on your record against one team? Who are you a fan of again?
Apparently. UT has never won shit, but she is proud of 2-1 for two years over Kentucky.

Screw the fact that UK has won 48 SEC titles or 25 SEC Tourneys et.al. That does not count.

History has no meaning to Della. Just the fact that UT beat UK twice.

Apparently. UT has never won shit, but she is proud of 2-1 for two years over Kentucky.

Screw the fact that UK has won 48 SEC titles or 25 SEC Tourneys et.al. That does not count.

Okay so della’s a Tennessee fan. Yeah it makes sense now.

Must be pretty rough to have to watch the coach they got rid of take another program to their first final four while their best season ever ended in the s16.

Our season ended in disappointment too but at least we’re not Tennessee fans.

Damn. So the success of your entire season is based on your record against one team? Who are you a fan of again?
No, the success is based on our best year ever. Beating UK's ass 2 of 3 is just icing on the cake.:D

Must be pretty rough to have to watch the coach they got rid of take another program to their first final four while their best season ever ended in the s16.

Not at all. The UT fans loved Pearl, he is a cat skinner. He lied about a bbq and we had to let him go. But, we wish him well.

Ha....hadn't even thought of that.

Texas wants Ricky back. Tenny wants Brucey back. UCLA (far and away the most prestigious program in the equation) wants Shaka. Go figure.

Reactions: Montana81

Pretty much right Bert. Are you too dense to have noticed how I don't lord our football domination over your heads? I don't because it doesn't matter. Every years is new. Living in the past is for losers.

Btw, Bruce Pearl is a sack of shit. We use to be able to recruit awesome players out of Chicago, until Bruce turned in the ILLINI over us losing a recruit to them for buying him a car.

We were cut off from Chicago recruiting and havent been the same program since.

Throw in him being at BC during the point shaving thing and trouble just follows that guy.

BC - scandal
Iowa - scandal
UT - scandal
Auburn - scandal with Chuck Persons

Bad news.

Last edited:
Pretty much right Bert. Are you too dense to have noticed how I don't lord our football domination over your heads? I don't because it doesn't matter. Every years is new. Living in the past is for losers.
True. UT won a title in Football. UK never actually won one.

However, UK has 8 basketball titles.

Tennessee has never got a sniff.

Ha....hadn't even thought of that.

Texas wants Ricky back. Tenny wants Brucey back. UCLA (far and away the most prestigious program in the equation) wants Shaka. Go figure.
We don't want Bruce back, though we think he is a solid coach. We love Barnes. He is a great coach and does things the right way.

True. UT won a title in Football. UK never actually won one.

However, UK has 8 basketball titles.

Tennessee has never got a sniff.
We have won more than one Bert, but like I said, it doesn't matter. Live for the day.

ADVERTISEMENT