ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the best new HC hire this month?

your-guess-is-as-good-as-mine-i-dont-know.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Can any of them coach 🤣
I think Tang is a better coacher than Scott Drew if that means anything, I think Drew freezes in big moments at times and makes some bonehead plays just like Bruce Weber he is far more charismatic than Weber and that is the difference when it comes to recruiting and retaining players. Tang has been with Drew for a while and is very well respected in the industry, as has been reported.

Tang wants to take K-State back to it's former glory, and I have belief in him. I feel better about this hire than I did about Huggins, and Huggs turned the ship around for us. Tang will take us to the next level.

Last edited:
I think Tang is a better coacher than Scott Drew if that means anything, I think Drew freezes in big moments at times and makes some bonehead plays just like Bruce Weber he is far more charismatic than Weber and that is the difference when it comes to recruiting and retaining players. Tang has been with Drew for a while and is very well respected in the industry, as has been reported.

Tang wants to take K-State back to it's former glory, and I have belief in him. I feel better about this hire than I did about Huggins, and Huggs turned the ship around for us. Tang will take us to the next level.
How in the hell can you think he's a better coach than drew? Honestly I'm not even trying to be a hater but he's been an assistant for 19 years. Never the head man. Never taken a lower level HC gig and he's jumping straight into the gauntlet that is the big12. That'd be like Mizzou hiring Kurtis Townsend and getting crazy excited about it like you guys are. Then saying townsend is a better coach than self lol. Y'all are treating him like he's Jay wright or something. Texas severely under performed this year so we know that AC y'all got from there has some question marks. I'm sure you guys will get some better dudes than you have been, and that might get you to the tournament at least, but let's pump the brakes on thinking this is a home run hire until the guy coaches atleast a few games maybe? You can have a few good recruiters but alot of teams do..not alot of teams have great coaches though. What's saying he's any better coach than Weber?

How in the hell can you think he's a better coach than drew? Honestly I'm not even trying to be a hater but he's been an assistant for 19 years. Never the head man. Never taken a lower level HC gig and he's jumping straight into the gauntlet that is the big12. That'd be like Mizzou hiring Kurtis Townsend and getting crazy excited about it like you guys are. Then saying townsend is a better coach than self lol. Y'all are treating him like he's Jay wright or something. Texas severely under performed this year so we know that AC y'all got from there has some question marks. I'm sure you guys will get some better dudes than you have been, and that might get you to the tournament at least, but let's pump the brakes on thinking this is a home run hire until the guy coaches atleast a few games maybe? You can have a few good recruiters but alot of teams do..not alot of teams have great coaches though. What's saying he's any better coach than Weber?
I think it's another case of Mark Adams & Chris Beard. We've never seen Scott Drew without Jerome Tang.

• Haha
Reactions: RustyTrambone
Doom Tang Clan
What is it with you dipsh*ts to the west and the dumbest sayings ever uttered out loud?

Doom Tang Clan
Huggyville
EMAW
The Power Towel

Does it bother you at all that your old coach sounded like a dogs squeek toy and your new hire sounds like a cross bt mike tyson and john leguizamo?

• Haha
Reactions: Farm-Cat
What is it with you dipsh*ts to the west and the dumbest sayings ever uttered out loud?

Doom Tang Clan
Huggyville
EMAW
The Power Towel

Does it bother you at all that your old coach sounded like a dogs squeek toy and your new hire sounds like a cross bt mike tyson and john leguizamo?
"rockchalk jayhawk" tf does that even mean
"wave the wheat" as all of KU shits on Agriculture
Power Towels are nationwide
Self has a worse stutter than Joe Biden

please don't even try me squawk

God damn, let the man prove one thing before you start saying he’s better than one of the best in the game. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen a well-regarded coaching hire flop, but it’s a lot.

The rock chalk chant is easily one of the most recognized in all college sports.
Nobody shits on actual agriculture. Most have great respect. You get made fun of bc of truck nutz, wearing mossy oak gear like your sponsored, and really bad line beards.
The KSU power towel was one of the limp wristiest marketing ideas in history.
Self and his stutter own the ever loving sh*t outta KSU. You just finished paying bruce weber millions for 10 years of service and you have the audacity to bring up how someone else speaks? Hilarious.

I think Tang is a better coacher than Scott Drew if that means anything,
If you think you can evaluate that based on the evidence available, then your opinion actually means less than nothing.

Reactions: Jaycg15

Better coach than Drew and yet they were all about Underwood until Poon Tang rumblings. 🤣

I think it's another case of Mark Adams & Chris Beard. We've never seen Scott Drew without Jerome Tang.
Except Adams was just a continuation of the same program. Tang is taking over and has to recruit to kstate. There is no evidence this is gonna be mark Adams. It's basically a guy who has zero experience as the head man. Did he get credit for all those years Baylor teams played soft and got out coached or just the last couple years? Also grabbing an assistant from a Texas team that under performed doesnt scare anybody. Listening to you grapes you'd think he was the best coach ever, yet nobody took a chance on him in 19 years.

Dont try me 🤣
Were those supposed to be badass insults or something? Watch out guys, better not try him.

Reactions: HawksJ
God damn, let the man prove one thing before you start saying he’s better than one of the best in the game. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen a well-regarded coaching hire flop, but it’s a lot.
There was a time when many thought Drew was a mediocre coach, but that was before Tang was his associate HC

Except Adams was just a continuation of the same program. Tang is taking over and has to recruit to kstate. There is no evidence this is gonna be mark Adams. It's basically a guy who has zero experience as the head man. Did he get credit for all those years Baylor teams played soft and got out coached or just the last couple years? Also grabbing an assistant from a Texas team that under performed doesnt scare anybody. Listening to you grapes you'd think he was the best coach ever, yet nobody took a chance on him in 19 years.
Ever heard of Roy Williams?

The rock chalk chant is easily one of the most recognized in all college sports.
Nobody shits on actual agriculture. Most have great respect. You get made fun of bc of truck nutz, wearing mossy oak gear like your sponsored, and really bad line beards.
The KSU power towel was one of the limp wristiest marketing ideas in history.
Self and his stutter own the ever loving sh*t outta KSU. You just finished paying bruce weber millions for 10 years of service and you have the audacity to bring up how someone else speaks? Hilarious.
Rock Chalk is easily the stupidest chant. What in sam heck is it besides a rhyme?
Ag is shat upon by nearly everyone at KU and the twitter cronies
the concept of power towels are not stupid
Self can burn

If Seton Hall hires that St.Peter’s coach at the end of the month, we will not have a debate of this topic.
He would certainly be the hottest name of the new hires.

Their performance over the past 10 days does beg the question, though: how did this group of guys perform so weakly all season? As was just pointed out on College Gameday, prior to beating UK, they had beaten two (2!) teams all season with a winning record.

Is he a great coach or did the stars just align?

He would certainly be the hottest name of the new hires.

Their performance over the past 10 days does beg the question, though: how did this group of guys perform so weakly all season? As was just pointed out on College Gameday, prior to beating UK, they had beaten two (2!) teams all season with a winning record.

Is he a great coach or did the stars just align?
The stars aligned which is what you need in the tournament, the jury is probably still out on him.

Reactions: HawksJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT