ADVERTISEMENT

Is there a gap between Kansas and the field?

3 final four teams in the last 4 years vs 1 from the 14-team B1G.

0 B1G teams in the elite 8 in '16 and '17. RollLaugh

No Beilein. No Ryan. No Matta.

Izzo and the 13 Dwarfs.

And MSU and Indianna have more titles than KU in my lifetime. RollLaugh

You had better pray to the Gods of the Dust Bowl, that Iowa don't end up in your bracket.

Especially in Omaha or St Louis.
The only way KU would play Iowa in either Omaha or St. Louis would be if Iowa is an 8, 9, or 16 seed. Last I saw, they were projected in the 5-7 seed range...with the bulk of those projections being 5’s or 6’s...even after losing twice last week. The only way they fall to the 8 or 9 line is if Garza gets injured and is lost for the season in the Big Ten tourney.

Reactions: hawkit3113
And MSU and Indianna have more titles than KU in my lifetime. RollLaugh

You're combining the two most successful programs to compare to one B12 program? LOL. You're already beaten.

Magic Johnson ain't lacing up this year, chief.

The biggest sports year in @EvilMonkeyInTheCloset and @hawkit3113 's life happened 4 years ago. Check this out.

Iowa was ranked #3 in basketball at one point of the year. They then went on to lose 8 out of 14 and lose in the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament. This is probably the best year Iowa has had in basketball since the 1990's.
Iowa was ranked #3 in football then proceeded to lose to the Big 10 championship to the worst team ever to play in the CFB Playoff (MSU) and then Iowa went to the Rose Bowl and got blown out by 30 points, eventually leading to @hawkit3113's 3 year ban from Rivals.

That's it. That's the biggest sports year of their lives. That's their version of our 2008 when Kansas won the Orange Bowl and then later won the NCAA Tournament.

Now you know why they have such a hard-on for Kansas. Kansas is the superior program from the region and they know it.
Lol, you want me to show you what assumptions get you?.....

Btw,

Iowa > Oklahoma > Kansas

Iowa's B10 "gauntlet" includes 5 games vs teams that are currently ranked. Oh, the horror!

You know your team sucks when you say things like “the big Ten” or the “state of Iowa” to compare to one university

Teddy Roosevelt’s biggest failure was not selling Iowa to Canada.

What a wasteland that place is.

It's never too late. We could probably talk Trump into it. No one would notice except those people who read the last page in USA Today.

These tumbleweed Jayhawk boners are funny.

They are so use to shitting on dog shit teams. But it doesn't play out well in March, lolol.

Iowa has the largest dropout rate of high school kids in the country and they are #3 in STD's per capita.

What a disgusting place it is.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
These tumbleweed Jayhawk boners are funny.

They are so use to shitting on dog shit teams. But it doesn't play out well in March, lolol.

Must be why Self has won like 23 out of 30 vs top 5 teams.

Meanwhile, the Big 12 has outperformed the Big 10 in the tourney the last several years despite mixed results. LOL @ hyping the lil 14 to prop up your garbage program.Laughing

So back to the question.

KU is the best team in the field. Is there a substantial gap? I’m not so sure. I think KU has a defensive advantage over most of the field. Offensively, KU is very efficient but not necessarily reliably explosive. KU’s defense is going to keep them in most games.

They will lose if they turn the ball over at a high clip. They average about 12.5 turnovers/game. In their losses, they’ve committed an average of about 18.5 turnovers/game. That’s how you beat KU.

So back to the question.

KU is the best team in the field. Is there a substantial gap? I’m not so sure. I think KU has a defensive advantage over most of the field. Offensively, KU is very efficient but not necessarily reliably explosive. KU’s defense is going to keep them in most games.

They will lose if they turn the ball over at a high clip. They average about 12.5 turnovers/game. In their losses, they’ve committed an average of about 18.5 turnovers/game. That’s how you beat KU.
I already gave you the correct answer.....

I think Iowa could be a tough second round type game for Kansas. Garza is maybe the only center in the country clearly better than Azubuike. They have multiple guys that can shoot petty well. But that defense is woof. And Self would coach circles around Iowa's head coach.

Let’s bet. I’ll take the field.
Avatar bet, if Duke/MSU/KU win, you will have to switch to an avatar of my choosing. The same applies for me if some other team cuts down the nets.

ADVERTISEMENT