ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Sweet 16 compelling?

It's the old philosophy, you can't call them all. WV, Louisville, Michigan St, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Baylor etc...all do it. It sucks.
Duke players said that Purdue was the most physical team they played.

I think UCLA has the best balance in basketball this season. Good solid defense and good offense.

They don't hack on every play.

Clearly Iowa is going to have to recruit wrestlers and football players to win in March, doesn't mean I have to like it.

There is no flow to college basketball anymore.

I actually prefer to watch the NBA playoffs. They know want people want to watch.

You’re one of those “NBA is better” homos? Your rehabilitation is going to be harder than I thought.

Got a secret tip for ya. Recruit a black player once in awhile. Or if Adolf McCaffrey doesn’t go for that idea, find a pasty face who can jump. You can thank me later.

• Haha
Reactions: IUfanBorden
The tourney is a crap shoot and it always has been. Y'all go on about your brackets, but they rarely play out like you thought. Btw, screw the FF, we are here to win this.

Crapshoot means an uncertain matter. So yeah, it is. But then….what isn’t?

Better get it done.

It is to the die hard NCAA basketball fans, or if your team is still playing.
THIS....I fukin love CBB. And hell, I am use to IU not playing this time of year, so there is that.

Love the SW 16---IMO its the best part of the tournament...Yeah everyone loves the opening act----But man the intensity, the energy of these games? Fukin awesome. Now through in a Princeton, FAU,and its even better. I'll be rooting like cray-cray for Princeton.

Reactions: winin11
You’re one of those “NBA is better” homos? Your rehabilitation is going to be harder than I thought.

Got a secret tip for ya. Recruit a black player once in awhile. Or if Adolf McCaffrey doesn’t go for that idea, find a pasty face who can jump. You can thank me later.

We do, Fran is just always second place. We get recruits to the dance and then they go dance with someone else. So our fall back recruits are generally white guys from Iowa.

And yes, I like the offense of the NBA.

I think college basketball is at an all time low

Hate the NBA....

B10 struggles in the NCAAT because we lack the athlete's others have. Miami was light years more athletic than IU----and a shit ton faster. SO is Arkansas, Alabama, UCLA, Texas, Houston.....Shit Purdue was destroyed by FDU's atleticism----Yeah, let that shit set in.

Until the B10 gets away from hockey on the hardwood, the conference will not win another title.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
We do, Fran is just always second place. We get recruits to the dance and then they go dance with someone else. So our fall back recruits are generally white guys from Iowa.

And yes, I like the offense of the NBA.

I think college basketball is at an all time low
I don't know about nationally, but the SEC is overall up. UK is a little down, but still a good team. This year, bama, UT, Arky and several others were up.

Reactions: hawkit3113
I don't know about nationally, but the SEC is overall up. UK is a little down, but still a good team. This year, bama, UT, Arky and several others were up.

Not arguing that at all. It was the best conference this year.

I don't like the officiating. Especially from the first weekend, to the second weekend, to the FF.

Not arguing that at all. It was the best conference this year.

I don't like the officiating. Especially from the first weekend, to the second weekend, to the FF.
I have heard all the talk, but they have monitor reviews now and didn't years ago. So if anything serious fouls are scrutinized now more than before.

I have heard all the talk, but they have monitor reviews now and didn't years ago. So if anything serious fouls are scrutinized now more than before.

They make themselves too much a part of the game. They don't call shit, then they call everything. They don't officiate in a way where the games are exciting, unless the refs make them exciting.

THIS....I fukin love CBB. And hell, I am use to IU not playing this time of year, so there is that.

Love the SW 16---IMO its the best part of the tournament...Yeah everyone loves the opening act----But man the intensity, the energy of these games? Fukin awesome. Now through in a Princeton, FAU,and its even better. I'll be rooting like cray-cray for Princeton.
Good friend of mine went to FAU so I’ve been all in on them since around January.

They make themselves too much a part of the game. They don't call shit, then they call everything. They don't officiate in a way where the games are exciting, unless the refs make them exciting.
Refs aren't perfect, but you want them to be consistent.

Good friend of mine went to FAU so I’ve been all in on them since around January.
Good friend of mines son plays baseball there....Rooting for them and Princeton...

I say **** it---Lets have a FAU/Arkansas/Princeton/Pitt Final Four....

Or not---Goodness that would suck ass...

• Angry
Reactions: della
I don't have a problem with hand checks. Offense can scheme screens to get people open.

We just disagree.

You can barely take a guy off the dribble these days without being shoved 5 feet, lol

Also, college basketball lacks star power. That I blame on the G league and NBA.

We're the only Blue Blood left.

No Duke, no North Carolina, no Kansas, no Kentucky, no Indiana.

Although you could make a good argument Michigan State and UConn deserve a mention.

We're the only Blue Blood left.

No Duke, no North Carolina, no Kansas, no Kentucky, no Indiana.

Although you could make a good argument Michigan State and UConn deserve a mention.
The Blue blood mantle rest clearly on your shoulders.

We just disagree.

You can barely take a guy off the dribble these days without being shoved 5 feet, lol
NBA is for pure entertainment....Name the last time you saw two travels called in ONE game? Or an illegal screen...

Friend of mine who I went camp with for CBB has dipped his toes in the NBA, and currently works in the G-League. Its about the players....Name a time when you can recall a Giannis, Jokic, etc, etc....in foul trouble? Its "known" how the game is to be called, and who its to be called on..

Ya'll think CBB has moral issues----Ummm, yeah, no----Not when it comes to the NBA.

Refs aren't perfect, but you want them to be consistent.
We're a lot more consitent than you think...Fans see contact and assume foul..Just not the case. All contact is not the same, and you cannot treat it the same.

I don't have a problem with hand checks. Offense can scheme screens to get people open.
TO be clear when it comes to "handchecking", its not illegal to have A HAND on an offensive player---It however is illegal to extned, then guide or impede an offenive players path. Two hands is automatic.

THis....Officaiting is no worse today than it was 20 years ago....or 30....Or even 10. MOF, its better IMO. Thng is now with 85 different camera's, from 44 different angles---HD TV with super slow motion, well bad shit gets exposed now....In 1986, it did not.....Or 1996.....Or 2006.

The Blue blood mantle rest clearly on your shoulders.
Gonzaga is always tough and if we win we get the Arkansas/UConn winner.

If we make the Final Four it will be well deserved. These are some tough teams we have to get through.

NBA is for pure entertainment....Name the last time you saw two travels called in ONE game? Or an illegal screen...

Friend of mine who I went camp with for CBB has dipped his toes in the NBA, and currently works in the G-League. Its about the players....Name a time when you can recall a Giannis, Jokic, etc, etc....in foul trouble? Its "known" how the game is to be called, and who its to be called on..

Ya'll think CBB has moral issues----Ummm, yeah, no----Not when it comes to the NBA.

Donaghy blew the whistle on the NBA. As if the star treatment hadn’t been obvious for decades.

Donaghy blew the whistle on the NBA. As if the star treatment hadn’t been obvious for decades.
Its an absolute joke. Revenue,revenue,revenue...I get it, CBB is a business. But its not a buisness with $100 million dollar payrolls eitrher. Peole are gonna tune in for the NCAAT regardless....But in the NBA, folks are paying shit tons of $$$ to see guys liek Giannis play---not be saddled with 3 fouls..

ADVERTISEMENT