ADVERTISEMENT

Is the PAC the best league right now?

-Big 12 has a pretty killer trio in Kansas, Baylor, and Texas. Next group of players should be decent... Okie State, Texas Tech, West Virginia. Feel like the Big 12 usually does well with the metrics because they don't typically have many/any bottom-dwellers

-SEC has 6 teams ranked. They're playing really, really well.

-Big East has outperformed expectations. Xavier, UConn, and Seton Hall could give Villanova a little push for the league title. Still, don't think this is the best league.

-Big Ten? Idk. They've been very disappointing, minus Purdue. Verdict is still out on Michigan State, Indiana, and Iowa. Illinois could still be a top 10 with Kofi in the lineup, though

-Duke is the only ranked team from the ACC. Sad.

-Pac 12 has three ranked teams. UCLA, Arizona, and USC. Oregon is 26th in total votes. Not sure what to make of Oregon. They have nice offensive pieces. But, that defense is very, very suspect... Arizona looks like they could be very dangerous. Length and athleticism. UCLA is a Final Four favorite, but I could see Arizona making some noise. Don't think the Pac-12 has good enough depth to be considered the best conference.

So, as of right now...

1. Big 12
2. SEC
3. Big East
4. Big Ten
5. Pac 12
6. ACC

Pac 12 and ACC have quite a few teams really struggling. Both conferences need more quality OOC games if they're going to get in more than 4-5 teams from their league.

FE1BAWIWUAAiVNR

Butler Blue believes the Big East reigns supreme.

UCLA, Arizona and USC look good. We'll see if Oregon improves, Altman teams tend to start slow and peak in March.

That said, the bottom half of the league isn't good enough to be considered the top league right now. Big 12, Big East and SEC look like the best leagues right now but it's close amongst the P6 leagues.

UCLA, Arizona and USC look good. We'll see if Oregon improves, Altman teams tend to start slow and peak in March.

That said, the bottom half of the league isn't good enough to be considered the top league right now. Big 12, Big East and SEC look like the best leagues right now but it's close amongst the P6 leagues.

I think there is much more parity between the leagues than in recent years.

Santa Clara now holds wins over Nevada, Stanford, and TCU. We're talking about the #5 school in the WCC. I can't believe I'm typing this, but it's actually quite possible we'll see 4 WCC schools in the tournament.

Santa Clara now holds wins over Nevada, Stanford, and TCU. We're talking about the #5 school in the WCC. I can't believe I'm typing this, but it's actually quite possible we'll see 4 WCC schools in the tournament.
A Rising Tide lifts all Boats. Gonzaga is raising the competition by being so dominant.

Reactions: dukedevilz
WCC is the best conference on the West Coast. Another two wins vs P5 teams tonight against TCU and Notre Dame

They were the best by far last year and as far as I'm concerned they are the best this year until someone proves otherwise in March.

Kinda my feeling as well. They might not be deep, but there top teams are good.

Last edited:
Kinda my feeling as well. They might not be deep, but there too teams are good.
yea everyone said they sucked all last year and then they came to the tourney and pretty much smoked the field.
They earned the right to be called the best conference in the country until proven otherwise.

Reactions: hawkit3113
A Rising Tide lifts all Boats. Gonzaga is raising the competition by being so dominant.
More like a few years ago the WCC had to restructure their NCAA tourney payouts to keep Gonzaga from going to the MWC. Now WCC teams actually have to be good to make money.

I think it looks like a good game. Oregon has new guys tough game in November.

St Mary's, I know a solid program, what is their roster?
St Mary’s is a fundamentally sound and good shooting team. But they have no athleticism. Oregon can overwhelm them.

Notre Dame was the perfect matchup for St Mary’s.

St Mary’s is a fundamentally sound and good shooting team. But they have no athleticism. Oregon can overwhelm them.

Notre Dame was the perfect matchup for St Mary’s.

Oregons offense is so bad right now, I’m not even entirely sure they are practicing. It’s actually shocking to see so many talented players play this poorly

ADVERTISEMENT