ADVERTISEMENT

Is... is unc actually good?

Self’s major failure this offseason (other than gambling on Morris) was letting Ingram get away. From what I heard, he wanted to play for KU but the staff didn’t prioritize him or push for a commitment and that pissed him off.

I like KJ Adams, but passing on talents like Ingram so that KJ can play a zillion minutes at the 4 is ridiculous and lowered their ceiling.

Reactions: TKBray
Self’s major failure this offseason (other than gambling on Morris) was letting Ingram get away. From what I heard, he wanted to play for KU but the staff didn’t prioritize him or push for a commitment and that pissed him off.

I like KJ Adams, but passing on talents like Ingram so that KJ can play a zillion minutes at the 4 is ridiculous and lowered their ceiling.
Heard he was a lock on interest in KU. We denied due to Selfs loyalty to KJ

Reactions: ExitFlagger

I'm going to put you down for a maybe.

UNC has the potential to be great on offense. They are absolutely horrid on defense though. Every team that has had a BLOB this year had run the same exact play for an open corner three. UT did it five times today and we just guard it the same way every time. But the offense is super fun with they are moving the ball around.

UNC has the potential to be great on offense. They are absolutely horrid on defense though. Every team that has had a BLOB this year had run the same exact play for an open corner three. UT did it five times today and we just guard it the same way every time. But the offense is super fun with they are moving the ball around.

First to 90 here in a few weeks?

First to 90 here in a few weeks?

Ha, maybe. I have only seen UK a couple of times but there defense has to be better than UNC's. UNC actually does a decent job guarding the three but you guys shoot that so well. They give up a lot of layups and ISO plays to guys. You can basically pick the mismatch you want and run screens to get them pretty easily.

or Tennessee cheeks?
UNC is good especially offensively. They have great ball movement. They shoot the 3 extremely well and they just about don't miss at the FT line. Needless to say if you get 38 FT's and make 32 of them it will go a long way to helping your cause.

UNC is not spectacular defensively. They allowed UT 56% FGs and as UT is not a great offensive team, that is a lot.

UT has a very good defense that did not show up in the 1st half. However, if you throw out the 1st half and look at the 2nd half UNC scored still 39 pts. and multiply that by 2 you come up with 78 pts. One could conclude that UNC can score 76-84 pts on a very good defense that is playing tough.

UNC is good especially offensively. They have great ball movement. They shoot the 3 extremely well and they just about don't miss at the FT line. Needless to say if you get 38 FT's and make 32 of them it will go a long way to helping your cause.

UNC is not spectacular defensively. They allowed UT 56% FGs and as UT is not a great offensive team, that is a lot.

UT has a very good defense that did not show up in the 1st half. However, if you throw out the 1st half and look at the 2nd half UNC scored still 39 pts. and multiply that by 2 you come up with 78 pts. One could conclude that UNC can score 76-84 pts on a very good defense that is playing tough.
Excuses excuses

I want to see them once Bacot and Rj (roys boys) are gone. I think we will really know how good Hubert is by then.
This is actually where I think Hubert will prove himself if he is going to do so.

He had top tier NBA experience playing under Pat Riley with rosters changing every year. He seems better suited to handle the current landscape than any other coach out there.

Yeah, the portal is the key. So far his success there is pretty mixed. The big time hits like Brady and Ingram have been huge though.

His handling of the bench this year has been great though. That was a big key for him going forward I think. He needs to continue to improve on the way they defend but the way the offense runs when he has the pieces he wants can be pretty elite level stuff.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT