ADVERTISEMENT

Is Duke getting hot at the right time?

Matt Laurer

Gold Member
Nov 30, 2017
Has K managed to bring together this scrappy squad of freshmen at the right time? Have they bought into the fist?

Or are they just playing some shit teams? Clemson would hav enrolled them if we weren’t down our two best.

Probably a mix of both. Going to the zone and press has changed them for the better. They have played nobody in this streak though. We'll see against UNC and the ACC tournament.

Probably a mix of both. Going to the zone and press has changed them for the better. They have played nobody in this streak though. We'll see against UNC and the ACC tournament.
Let's be fair. Duke was playing poorly and giving up 80 points to nobody teams before this run. I am not going to say that they have corrected all wrongs. But it's a little unfair to chalk it up to playing nobody teams. It has been five games since Duke has allowed 60 points. I would have bet my life against that happening this year no matter who they played.

Reactions: tw3301
I haven't seen them but they appear to be better based on scores. There are a number of blue blood programs seemingly getting it together heading into the NCAAT. Should be fun.

I think it’s to early to tell. There have been multiple stretches for these teams that have showed just how vulnerable they can be. The teams have unlimited potential but 6 straight games is going to be tough.

Eh, to be fair, during Kentucky's winning streak they played nobody either, and some people are saying they are getting hot again.

I think it’s to early to tell. There have been multiple stretches for these teams that have showed just how vulnerable they can be. The teams have unlimited potential but 6 straight games is going to be tough.
Yep. All it takes is for a one game relapse and it's over. Last year's Duke team is a perfect example. They appeared to be on the right track and then regressed defensively for one half and that's all it took to end their season.

Reactions: toonces11
Eh, to be fair, during Kentucky's winning streak they played nobody either, and some people are saying they are getting hot again.

Arkansas, Missouri and Alabama are all likely tournament teams. Duke played one tournament lock who was without their top 2(?) players. Duke has looked awesome the last 2 weeks too though. The UNC game to end the year will be telling to see how much their defense has improved.

giphy.gif

Reactions: tw3301
Arkansas, Missouri and Alabama are all likely tournament teams. Duke played one tournament lock who was without their top 2(?) players. Duke has looked awesome the last 2 weeks too though. The UNC game to end the year will be telling to see how much their defense has improved.
Arkansas will get in, the other 2 are pretty meh but I guess might get in. Duke played Virginia Tech during this run and we all know they're a top 4 ACC team because they played Kentucky close earlier this year.

Reactions: RR30 and jhmossy
Duke and Virginia are probably the teams to beat, with KU, Villanova and Mich St close behind.

ADVERTISEMENT