ADVERTISEMENT

Is Clemson good enough to win a Natty this year?

You're the only Queen I know.
old-man-i-don-t-believe-you-oxphy9hlcb4wyfoa.gif

You know more than me.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
I’m happy to see Joe Girard doing well there. A lot of Syracuse fans treated him unfairly.

They got blitzed by Miami but was it an aberration or not? Time will tell

They got blitzed by Miami but was it an aberration or not? T

Winning on the road against any decent team isn't easy. Purdue looks like the best team in the country right now, and they lost to an okay-ish Northwestern team.

Clemson is good enough to win the ACC, yes. And I think they're good enough to string off several wins in March. Ceiling might be Elite 8 or Final Four. I can't see them winning a national title, but they're certainly a formidable opponent who won't be an easy out. PJ Hall is playing like an All-American.

I wish Joe Girard wouldn't force so many shots, though. In the 2nd half, there was a 90-second segment where Clemson had 4 straight possessions without a made basketball (no offensive rebounds), and Girard attempted 3 bombs where he was closely guarded with plenty of time on the clock. Miami pulled away from Clemson during that stretch. Clemson's got talent, they can get high-quality looks almost every time down the floor. Forcing shots like that, though, can seriously hamper a team's efficiency and ability to stay in the game. Having said that, Girard is one of the best shooters in America, so he obviously has the green light - and he doesn't lack for confidence. But, sometimes he's just a little too trigger happy.

They got blitzed by Miami but was it an aberration or not? Time will tell
I mean, we have a couple ugly losses but we still have a solid team. You say that like Miami is trash lol. Also helps that that game was about as close to a must-win as a game could be in only the second conference game. Miami desperately needed a quality win.

Winning on the road against any decent team isn't easy. Purdue looks like the best team in the country right now, and they lost to an okay-ish Northwestern team.

Clemson is good enough to win the ACC, yes. And I think they're good enough to string off several wins in March. Ceiling might be Elite 8 or Final Four. I can't see them winning a national title, but they're certainly a formidable opponent who won't be an easy out. PJ Hall is playing like an All-American.

I wish Joe Girard wouldn't force so many shots, though. In the 2nd half, there was a 90-second segment where Clemson had 4 straight possessions without a made basketball (no offensive rebounds), and Girard attempted 3 bombs where he was closely guarded with plenty of time on the clock. Miami pulled away from Clemson during that stretch. Clemson's got talent, they can get high-quality looks almost every time down the floor. Forcing shots like that, though, can seriously hamper a team's efficiency and ability to stay in the game. Having said that, Girard is one of the best shooters in America, so he obviously has the green light - and he doesn't lack for confidence. But, sometimes he's just a little too trigger happy.

Yeah, a much needed quality win for Miami that they HAD to have on their home floor but I still think Clemson is really good. I agree that Clemson will challenge to win the ACC and I think they have the makings of a team that can make a deep tournament run. PJ Hall is a freaking stud. His first two baskets of the game last night were a back to the basket, spin off of Omier for a dunk over him and a logo 3 pointer. I was like holy fukk 😮. Fortunately for Miami, Hall battled foul trouble in the second half and they probably didn't feed him as much as they should have.

I mean, we have a couple ugly losses but we still have a solid team. You say that like Miami is trash lol. Also helps that that game was about as close to a must-win as a game could be in only the second conference game. Miami desperately needed a quality win.

Yeah, a much needed quality win for Miami that they HAD to have on their home floor but I still think Clemson is really good. I agree that Clemson will challenge to win the ACC and I think they have the makings of a team that can make a deep tournament run. PJ Hall is a freaking stud. His first two baskets of the game last night were a back to the basket, spin off of Omier for a dunk over him and a logo 3 pointer. I was like holy fukk 😮. Fortunately for Miami, Hall battled foul trouble in the second half and they probably didn't feed him as much as they should have.
I don't think Miami is bad but I thought yall made Clemson look bad. We'll see how they look the rest of the year

Reactions: TKBray
All I know is that the ACC is absolute trash, and has been the past few years. Outside of UNC, Duke, and maybe Miami/Clemson this year (and even both of those teams are nothing to get excited about), the conference is a joke.

In all reality, there is not one team playing in that conference that will be deserving of anything higher than a 4 seed...

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
All I know is that the ACC is absolute trash, and has been the past few years. Outside of UNC, Duke, and maybe Miami/Clemson this year (and even both of those teams are nothing to get excited about), the conference is a joke.

In all reality, there is not one team playing in that conference that will be deserving of anything higher than a 4 seed...

We shall see come March and when was the last time an SEC team played in the title game?

We shall see come March and when was the last time an SEC team played in the title game?
I am not quite sure what that has to do with my assessment of the ACC...I was not providing commentary on any other conference, just the ACC.

I am simply saying this year, and same as the past couple, the ACC is horrid. I just looked at UNC and Duke's conference schedule, and quite frankly, it is abysmal...an absolute cakewalk. Because of that and the losses both UNC and Duke took in the non conference, neither should be in the conversation for anything then a 4 seed at best.

Reactions: AWilli6995

I think it’s North Carolina, then a large gap, then duke, then another gap to Clemson and UVA.

I am not quite sure what that has to do with my assessment of the ACC...I was not providing commentary on any other conference, just the ACC.

I am simply saying this year, and same as the past couple, the ACC is horrid. I just looked at UNC and Duke's conference schedule, and quite frankly, it is abysmal...an absolute cakewalk. Because of that and the losses both UNC and Duke took in the non conference, neither should be in the conversation for anything then a 4 seed at best.

Opinions are great but the fact is the last team from the SEC to win a title was your squad in 2012, not to many from that conference has been to a FF in that time span. Losing 3 HOF coaches recently will set a conference back but I'm not into the whole conference honking thing. The ACC was king of the hill for a long time, those days are gone with expansion.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
I'm cautiously optimistic. Clemson is Clemson and I don't know what's up with UVA, they look terrible today.
The one I can't figure out, is Miami. They are a veteran team that plays losing basketball.

They did everything possible to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory today.

If you're up 2 in a dogfight and there's only a minute left, you don't rise up and take a 12 footer with 20 seconds on the clock. Miami did shit like that over and over and found a way to lose the game.

Your heels are for real. RJ Davis is unreal. Fun to watch. This is a guards game and y'all have one of the best in the country.

The one I can't figure out, is Miami. They are a veteran team that plays losing basketball.

They did everything possible to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory today.

If you're up 2 in a dogfight and there's only a minute left, you don't rise up and take a 12 footer with 20 seconds on the clock. Miami did shit like that over and over and found a way to lose the game.

Your heels are for real. RJ Davis is unreal. Fun to watch. This is a guards game and y'all have one of the best in the country.

RJ is ballin', that's for sure. Looks like Hubert has developed a bench and he's utilizing it.

Opinions are great but the fact is the last team from the SEC to win a title was your squad in 2012, not to many from that conference has been to a FF in that time span. Losing 3 HOF coaches recently will set a conference back but I'm not into the whole conference honking thing. The ACC was king of the hill for a long time, those days are gone with expansion.
Yep, and if Cal hadn't crapped his pants, you might be saying 2015, lol...

I am not into conference honking either. And quite frankly, I have no problem admitting the SEC has been trash for a large part of Cal's tenure at UK, and well before.

Glad it has turned a corner, finally, after all these years.

ADVERTISEMENT