ADVERTISEMENT

Is Clemson good enough to win a Natty this year?

Yep, and if Cal hadn't crapped his pants, you might be saying 2015, lol...

I am not into conference honking either. And quite frankly, I have no problem admitting the SEC has been trash for a large part of Cal's tenure at UK, and well before.

Glad it has turned a corner, finally, after all these years.

I lost a good chunk of change on that game. That year it was UK and everyone else and somehow Cal found a way to eff it up.

The one I can't figure out, is Miami. They are a veteran team that plays losing basketball.

They did everything possible to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory today.

If you're up 2 in a dogfight and there's only a minute left, you don't rise up and take a 12 footer with 20 seconds on the clock. Miami did shit like that over and over and found a way to lose the game.

Your heels are for real. RJ Davis is unreal. Fun to watch. This is a guards game and y'all have one of the best in the country.

Easy now, lol

Miami definitely had their chances to win today, up 2 with the ball under a minute left only to commit a traveling violation. Then had a chance to win it at the end of regulation but the shot was halfway down and came out. Had a 5 point lead in OT but couldn't secure defensive rebounds and that ended up being the difference in OT.

But they were without leading scorer Wooga Poplar at Wake today and against Clemson on Wednesday. They still pulled away from Clemson without him. He would've made a big difference today against Wake Forest's guards, they all had big games.

Similar to last year's team, Miami is really strong offensively, one of the best shooting teams in the country, but there's no true center on the roster so they're very undersized. Rebounding is going to continue to be a problem like it was last year. Getting stops & securing defensive boards in clutch time will ultimately determine how successful Miami is this season.

Now, the blowout losses to Kentucky and Colorado I can't explain at all. Idk how both of those games got so out of hand. I'm still hopeful they'll be fine in conference play. It was def a missed opportunity for a conference road win which aren't easy to come by, but I wasn't too discouraged off the loss bc I think Wake Forest is going to be a factor in the ACC. Their guards, particularly Boobie Miller, are going to give teams problems.

Easy now, lol

Miami definitely had their chances to win today, up 2 with the ball under a minute left only to commit a traveling violation. Then had a chance to win it at the end of regulation but the shot was halfway down and came out. Had a 5 point lead in OT but couldn't secure defensive rebounds and that ended up being the difference in OT.

But they were without leading scorer Wooga Poplar at Wake today and against Clemson on Wednesday. They still pulled away from Clemson without him. He would've made a big difference today against Wake Forest's guards, they all had big games.

Similar to last year's team, Miami is really strong offensively, one of the best shooting teams in the country, but there's no true center on the roster so they're very undersized. Rebounding is going to continue to be a problem like it was last year. Getting stops & securing defensive boards in clutch time will ultimately determine how successful Miami is this season.

Now, the blowout losses to Kentucky and Colorado I can't explain at all. Idk how both of those games got so out of hand. I'm still hopeful they'll be fine in conference play. It was def a missed opportunity for a conference road win which aren't easy to come by, but I wasn't too discouraged off the loss bc I think Wake Forest is going to be a factor in the ACC. Their guards, particularly Boobie Miller, are going to give teams problems.
I was pulling for Miami, but the shots they took at the end of regulation and in OT, were not the shots you take.in crunch time. The defense WANTS you to take 10-18 foot jump shots and that’s exactly what Miami did and they did it early in the shot clock each time. You can get those shots anytime you want.

In those situations, the ball needs to go inside first, if they lane isn’t there, find an open 3 point shooter, but you really want to get fouled at the very least.

I get that Wooga was out, but Miami should have won that game. They were in position to win in regulation and OT.

Reactions: TKBray
FAU lol. Texas lol.

The writers are getting chickfila gift cards in the mail from the schools' NIL

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
conan obrien and the survey says GIF by Team Coco

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I was pulling for Miami, but the shots they took at the end of regulation and in OT, were not the shots you take.in crunch time. The defense WANTS you to take 10-18 foot jump shots and that’s exactly what Miami did and they did it early in the shot clock each time. You can get those shots anytime you want.

In those situations, the ball needs to go inside first, if they lane isn’t there, find an open 3 point shooter, but you really want to get fouled at the very least.

I get that Wooga was out, but Miami should have won that game. They were in position to win in regulation and OT.

I apologize for arguing against your point.

We are trash. Louisville's first ACC road win in forever. Just flat out ugly 🤮

I apologize for arguing against your point.

We are trash. Louisville's first ACC road win in forever. Just flat out ugly 🤮
I didn’t see the game, but after watching the last game, I can see how they could lose this one. They just take way too many bad shots. Shots the defense wants them to take and they're doing it way early in the shot clock.
Larranaga is a better coach than that, I'm surprised he hasn't fixed the issue.

Did Wooga play?

Probably not...But I am sure Dabo will get them going next year..

I have no idea how Clemson beat Bama in Tuscaloosa.
They didn't have a good crowd that night. As Jay Williams said it sounded like a "tennis match" It was a late game as well started at 10 pm. Bama wasn't feeding off the crowd

They didn't have a good crowd that night. As Jay Williams said it sounded like a "tennis match" It was a late game as well started at 10 pm. Bama wasn't feeding off the crowd
Yeah, but Clemson wasn't helped by a crowd either.
I think that's one of those where Clemson wins 3 out of 10 times and that was one of the 3.

Yeah, but Clemson wasn't helped by a crowd either.
I think that's one of those where Clemson wins 3 out of 10 times and that was one of the 3.
IMO Clemson is going to get the 6 seed a be greeted by an angry 11 seed Michigan St and get hammered by March Izzo

• Love
Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
IMO Clemson is going to get the 6 seed a be greeted by an angry 11 seed Michigan St and get hammered by March Izzo
My hope is that Michigan State keeps losing and doesn't get in. That last team I want to see in UK's bracket, is one coached by Izzo.

• Love
Reactions: ABVolsFan92
Yet the media tries to tell he us he is a good coach because he's the "winningest coach in Clemson history"
It’s weird, they seem to start out hot every year, then crash hard.
IIRC, they were the last, or one if the last undefeated tems a couple years ago, then Brownell did his thing.

Reactions: ABVolsFan92
They are likely to go on a mini run here against a manageable schedule it'll be interesting to see if they carry the momentum into march madness

I'm not even trollin but they are having a similar season to UConn last year elite the front half of the season dissapear in the middle and now they are finding their stride again

I'm not even trollin but they are having a similar season to UConn last year elite the front half of the season dissapear in the middle and now they are finding their stride again
uconn has done what they last year in 2011 and 2014 also

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT