ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Oregon

The only time Oregon's offense works is when there defense gets a turn over, or rebound and they get a transition bucket.

Oregon's shooting:

SAM.1x519.gif

Yikes! Iowa kicked Oregon’s ass. I didn’t see that coming but Iowa was just too quick for Oregon’s press & too athletic for the Ducks.

Iowa out athleted Oregon for so many rebounds, tips, & contested shots around the rim.

I still think Iowa will struggle this year but this game wasn’t an upset.

Thanks coach, now get the fvck out of here.

Well, I'm happily surprised. Bol, while impressive at times, looked gassed for quite a bit of the game.
Iowa played well, but I don't think there is anyway that the Oregon team we played last night has any right to be in the top 15.
Baer needs to not shoot the 3, he was chucking up bricks. It was fun to see our big guys rain a few in though!

New test tonight I guess, we'll see how it goes!

Well, I'm happily surprised. Bol, while impressive at times, looked gassed for quite a bit of the game.
Iowa played well, but I don't think there is anyway that the Oregon team we played last night has any right to be in the top 15.
Baer needs to not shoot the 3, he was chucking up bricks. It was fun to see our big guys rain a few in though!

New test tonight I guess, we'll see how it goes!

Congrats on the win but it’s kinda hard to make that assessment from one game. Pritchard had a truly awful game. He normally shoots over 40% from three and he couldn’t hit anything last night, it happens. Secondly our 5 star freshman (Louis King) is out until December. Altman teams always play a ton better later in the year, I’ll be shocked if we are not a top 15 team by year end. Consider that two years ago when we made the Final Four and lost by a basket to NC we lost by 11 to UNLV in early Dec. Stuff like that happens even to good teams.

Congrats on the win but it’s kinda hard to make that assessment from one game. Pritchard had a truly awful game. He normally shoots over 40% from three and he couldn’t hit anything last night, it happens. Secondly our 5 star freshman (Louis King) is out until December. Altman teams always play a ton better later in the year, I’ll be shocked if we are not a top 15 team by year end. Consider that two years ago when we made the Final Four and lost by a basket to NC we lost by 11 to UNLV in early Dec. Stuff like that happens even to good teams.

Ok, you're right, honestly. It wasn't a fair assessment on my end, as Oregon did have a very poor shooting night, and I knew nothing about the other freshman not being available.
I'm more surprised that Iowa appeared to have played some defense, Fran didn't do line changes every 4 minutes, and take out the guy that's making buckets like he has loved to do in the past. That and I was a bit impressed with Garza, McCaffery, and Weiskamp.

And yes, Oregon has a great coach and they are typically a solid team. This was a quality win that we needed, and I'm glad we got it.

I like the ducks tonight to go in and take care of business. Look for my boy Payton Pritchard to come up big and control the pace of this game. Bol Bol will do his thing and if he can stay out of foul trouble he should record a double double.

I'm down for a 1 week ban bet if there are any hawks out there.

10x

35 minutes, 1/9; 5 points, 6 boards, 5 assists and 2 TOs
blackeye.gif

way more interested in the potential Syracuse vs Oregon matchup later this week.

Iowa will battle Rutgers for the worst team in the Big Ten. Oregon wins by easily.

We'll Oregon won't be playing syricuse

This thread tho..

After that cock punch from IOWA last night i will extend my time away from this place till we get our 5 star back. See y'all next year in Jan. And hopefully Oregon will be back in the top 20 by then.

After that cock punch from IOWA last night i will extend my time away from this place till we get our 5 star back. See y'all next year in Jan. And hopefully Oregon will be back in the top 20 by then.

No. Don't do it. Stick around. And by the end of the season, I suspect Oregon will be playing better ball than Iowa

Funny we didnt have a 5* anyone.

I’d be upset if this weren’t as predictable. Oregon struggled early even when they made the elite 8 and final four recently. I don’t know why we always look like crap early but Dana usually gets the team peaking at the right time

Reactions: Duckdude73
I’d be upset if this weren’t as predictable. Oregon struggled early even when they made the elite 8 and final four recently. I don’t know why we always look like crap early but Dana usually gets the team peaking at the right time

No dude, this loss proves we will have a miserable season. Pritchard will play like that every game, King will be awful when he is healthy etc lol.

Iowa needed this win, much more than Oregon. Good wins are going to be tough to come by in the BIG

ADVERTISEMENT