ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa beats Duke in secret scrimmage, 72-60

Did you know that Steve Alford had a better winning percentage at Iowa than Fran McCaffrey currently has as head coach there?

Crazy, huh? Based on your posts on this board I would’ve thought Fran would be atleast 200 points higher.
SA had a losing reccord in BT play. Fran in 9 seasons had just 3 non .500 seasons
1st season 4-14
2nd season 8-10
8th season 4-14
those 2 4-14 seasons is why he has a losing BT record, plus Fran has 3 NCAAT wins vs SA 1 NCAAT Win,

Fran also tied SA with 25 wins in a season good enough for the 2nd best win season in Iowa's history. now sits #2 in Iowa's history in All time wins

also SA Had a .477 % vs Fran who has a .476% oooh wow a whole .001% better.

SA had 3 20 win season vs Fran who has 5, 4 of Fran's 20 win season came in the 1st 7 seasons same number of seasons as SA

Fran after 7 season record was over .500 vs SA'S .477 Record. 64-61.
season #8 really killed Fran's record.

6sdMeys.jpg

yes, but because it’s duke and you’re a sensitive little girl you don’t like it though right?

Why are we talking about Iowa? Because some loser fan made up a make believe scrimmage with a blue blood to try and give his school relevance. They suck, the coach is a lunatic and it is fng Iowa. Geez.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
Apparently Weiskamp went for 26 and our defense was smothering.

Good luck with your season Duke.
I'm not saying that you're right, or wrong, but I do hope that you're able to appreciate exactly how crazy you're sounding right now?!

A quote from Coach K, "Iowa's defense reminds me alot of Virginia's. It can be suffocating at times."

I am freaking jacked. It's sounds like we might be a top 10 team.

Reactions: bMORE607
looking more and more likely that Jordan will play. if that is the case Fran will have a pair of SR Guards to lead this team,
CBS just rated Wieskamp the 37th best player reguardless of class,

Connor will play more at the 2 and 3 than he will the 1, last season he was trying to juggle Baseball, BB and school work, this season he has it all worked out,
as the 2 or 3 he can concentrate on just shooting and playing defense,

looking more and more likely that Jordan will play. if that is the case Fran will have a pair of SR Guards to lead this team,
CBS just rated Wieskamp the 37th best player reguardless of class,

Connor will play more at the 2 and 3 than he will the 1, last season he was trying to juggle Baseball, BB and school work, this season he has it all worked out,
as the 2 or 3 he can concentrate on just shooting and playing defense,
Any word on Fran's request to change the NCAA rule to allow for live substitutions after every possession so Bohannon doesn't have to play defense?

Reactions: andy1992
Any word on Fran's request to change the NCAA rule to allow for live substitutions after every possession so Bohannon doesn't have to play defense?
funny how scared you are of Jordan playing as the dynamics of the season for Iowa changes, here is the possible lineup
1 Evelyn
2 Jordan
3 Wieskamp
4 Nunge
5 Garza

having the PG/1, SG/2 as SR's will be a big boost, besides before it was known that Jordan might miss the Season Iowa was in the top 4 seeds with the hoighest at #3.

also this was after Moss and Cook were already gone. Jordan adds a solid 3 point threat, ball handling and a improving defensive threat now that he is 100%.

Fran can have him play up to 9 games then decide if Jordan needs to RS or play the rest of the season.
this season Fran has 4 players other than Jordan that can play the PG/1.
Evelyn also can play the 2
Toussaint
Fredick also can play the 2
Connor also can play the 2/3
pretty nice to have that type of flexibility at the 1 and the 2.

ADVERTISEMENT