ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa beats Duke in secret scrimmage, 72-60

Why does it have to be a secret scrimmage. Can’t it just be a scrimmage that nobody attends. lol
Since it's Duke and Iowa, I'd have to assume there's a lot of gayness happening. I'm sure it's not only shirts vs skins, but probably more skin and foreskins than shirts. It would be just entirely inappropriate to have it non-secret. We should just thank them for keeping it secret. Closeted even.

Since it's Duke and Iowa, I'd have to assume there's a lot of gayness happening. I'm sure it's not only shirts vs skins, but probably more skin and foreskins than shirts. It would be just entirely inappropriate to have it non-secret. We should just thank them for keeping it secret. Closeted even.
LaughingLaughingLaughing

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Bert, is that you?

....what about that stellar performance vs that Titan of college hoops Northwest Missouri State?

69-63?? Laughing

Northwest Missouri State is actually a decent team that has gone 70-1 over the past two years. I believe they have won back to back Division II titles and have some good shooters. I wouldn't say they are a titan but I bet they would have given Kentucky some fits as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Quavarius
Northwest Missouri State is actually a decent team that has gone 70-1 over the past two years. I believe they have won back to back Division II titles and have some good shooters. I wouldn't say they are a titan but I bet they would have give Kentucky some fits as well.
Who knows? Winking

Well done op

6sdMeys.jpg

actually Iowa played Duke multiple times in the 90's losing in the NCAAT then in their last meeting Iowa under Dr. Tom beat Duke. in the early years they played UNC in a home and home and when it was set up Dean Smith was in favor of along H n H series, then Iowa beat UNC on their HC then beat UNC in Carver that ended that series real quick, Arizona under Lute Olsen scheduled a H n H Lute stated that it would make for a great TV series, then Arizona beat Iowa on their court then came into Carver and lost and all of a sudden that great TV series Idea collapsed.

Iowa used to play these in the Davis early years, UCLA, Arizona, Duke, UNC, intil Iowa won then it was a bad idea.

this was after Iowa had won share of the BT Championship. a FF, Elite 8 and multiple sweet 16's.

then the AD at that time ran Dr. Tom off the year he guided Iowa to their last sweet 16 losing to eventual NCAA Champion UConn in the Elite 8 game.

then the AD Hired Steve Alford proclaiming Iowa fans deserved NCAA and BT Championships,
the next 11 years Iowa had just 3 winning .500 or better BT seasons, 1 NCAAT win. then the last 3 season they won just 15 BT games with 39 BT Losses,

the fan attendance had dropped to less than 6,000 fans in a arena built for 15,500 fans,

Fran had to completely rebuild not only the team but get the fans to comeback.

Iowa was not the destination school for top talent, so it took him 6 years to start getting that talent both instate and outside the state to play for Iowa,

this has changed as he is now getting the top players to visit and is keeping the top instate talent instate,

now he has to recruit against ISU for that talent,

actually Iowa played Duke multiple times in the 90's losing in the NCAAT then in their last meeting Iowa under Dr. Tom beat Duke. in the early years they played UNC in a home and home and when it was set up Dean Smith was in favor of along H n H series, then Iowa beat UNC on their HC then beat UNC in Carver that ended that series real quick, Arizona under Lute Olsen scheduled a H n H Lute stated that it would make for a great TV series, then Arizona beat Iowa on their court then came into Carver and lost and all of a sudden that great TV series Idea collapsed.

Iowa used to play these in the Davis early years, UCLA, Arizona, Duke, UNC, intil Iowa won then it was a bad idea.

this was after Iowa had won share of the BT Championship. a FF, Elite 8 and multiple sweet 16's.

then the AD at that time ran Dr. Tom off the year he guided Iowa to their last sweet 16 losing to eventual NCAA Champion UConn in the Elite 8 game.

then the AD Hired Steve Alford proclaiming Iowa fans deserved NCAA and BT Championships,
the next 11 years Iowa had just 3 winning .500 or better BT seasons, 1 NCAAT win. then the last 3 season they won just 15 BT games with 39 BT Losses,

the fan attendance had dropped to less than 6,000 fans in a arena built for 15,500 fans,

Fran had to completely rebuild not only the team but get the fans to comeback.

Iowa was not the destination school for top talent, so it took him 6 years to start getting that talent both instate and outside the state to play for Iowa,

this has changed as he is now getting the top players to visit and is keeping the top instate talent instate,

now he has to recruit against ISU for that talent,
Did you know that Steve Alford had a better winning percentage at Iowa than Fran McCaffrey currently has as head coach there?

Crazy, huh? Based on your posts on this board I would’ve thought Fran would be atleast 200 points higher.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
ADVERTISEMENT