ADVERTISEMENT

If the Big 10 Champion goes 0-4 vs the ACC...

They were 6-5 with a bad loss and no good wins. I don’t think most Purdue fans were thinking we were a lock for the tournament at that time. So yeah I’d say things weren’t looking great at that time. I don’t think many folks thought Purdue would go on a year after that and do what they did.
The comment was "they were a fringe NCAAT team" like they were on the bubble. They had a rough patch, but Purdue has a legit pro and a proven coach, they were never not going to make the tournament.

Don't know why everyone is crapping on Purdue. That was a really nice team. Just not quite good enough to hang with the ACC, but you can say that about a lot of teams.

what would that say about the conference?

I gotta say, I'm kinda rooting for Purdue tonight. No conference should have to deal with the embarrassment of their champion going 0-4 vs a supposedly equal conference.

Are other FSU fans embarrassed that one of their own would drop such weak bait?

Don't know why everyone is crapping on Purdue. That was a really nice team. Just not quite good enough to hang with the ACC, but you can say that about a lot of teams.
Not quite good enough to hang? You can say that if the game was never in doubt, but not in a game like that. That was a straight up toss up game and it took a bevy of small probability things to play out right to go to over time.

Not quite good enough to hang? You can say that if the game was never in doubt, but not in a game like that. That was a straight up toss up game and it took a bevy of small probability things to play out right to go to over time.
I was referring to the 0-4 record. They played the ACC tough, but just weren't able to win. Clemson had the same problem.

The B1G is bounced from the tourney tonight.

I’d obviously be cool with a final 4 with 1 team from each of the 4 major conferences. Pac12 really doesn’t seem like a major conference anymore.

And leave out the Big East? Nova has won it 2 of last 3 years.

It’s perfect how it is.

But yes, be ideal if Sparty wins tonight so you get a team from the top four conferences this year.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
It’s obvious Purdue could hang with the ACC. Saying otherwise is laughable.
They were definitely competitive in those games, so in that sense maybe "hang" wasn't the proper term, but they went winless. Against the ACC's #1, #4, #5, and #15. That's a big enough sample size I think.

I can only imagine this board if Duke ran through the ACC but went 0-4 vs the Big Ten, losing to Purdue, Wisconsin, Maryland, and Northwestern.

Reactions: sgrooms
what would that say about the conference?

I gotta say, I'm kinda rooting for Purdue tonight. No conference should have to deal with the embarrassment of their champion going 0-4 vs a supposedly equal conference.

ACC has every right to thump their chest during b-ball season, bc they surely shouldn’t be doing it during baseball and football.

Clemson bailed that conference out last year in football, bc it was worse than the Pac 12 top to bottom - yikes. Horrible conference outside of Clemson.

ACC has every right to thump their chest during b-ball season, bc they surely shouldn’t be doing it during baseball and football.

Clemson bailed that conference out last year in football, bc it was worse than the Pac 12 top to bottom - yikes. Horrible conference outside of Clemson.

ACC has a more recent baseball championship than B1G and Big 12.

Reactions: sgrooms

ACC has a more recent baseball championship than B1G and Big 12.

For the last few years I’m talking ....But you guys only put one team or none in the CWS. It’s not a good baseball conference.

SEC puts 2-3 in every year as has the PAC and Big 12. B1G has really struggled.

But you guys only put one team or none in the CWS. It’s not a good baseball conference.

SEC puts 2-3 in every year as has the PAC and Big 12. B1G has really struggled.

If only we could determine why the B1G struggles in baseball...

You know whats going to be funny? When K State ends up in the MWC because the Big 10 raided their conference, again. RollLaugh

You know whats going to be funny? When K State ends up in the MWC because the Big 10 raided their conference, again. RollLaugh

Now that’s a dream world

OU and Texas want their own show. So will never happen. Nice try tho.

And KU and Kstate are packaged a la OU and OK State.

Now that’s a dream world

OU and Texas want their own show. So will never happen. Nice try tho.

And KU and Kstate are packaged a la OU and OK State.

Wrong. K State is a Jr College and the Big dogs will dump the trash to join the BIG 10. Facts

And Iowa has a lot going on. Now we’re both lying.

Your academics suck, your football program sucks and so does your basketball program.

We are light years beyond K State in all of those things.

Like I said, Jr college

Yes our football sucks. Top 10-15 in 11 win seasons in last 25 years at 7. Iowa might have what? 2?

Yes our b-ball sucks. Two elite 8’s this decade to Iowa’s zero. 2 big 12 titles. To Iowa’s zero once again in the B1G

Yes our football sucks. Top 10-15 in 11 win seasons in last 25 years at 7. Iowa might have what? 2?

Yes our b-ball sucks. Two elite 8’s this decade to Iowa’s zero. 2 big 12 titles. To Iowa’s zero once again in the B1G

You will never be Iowa in sports. Look it up

Yes and we have scoreboard on you in football to boot. Prob b-ball too

Yes and we have scoreboard on you in football to boot. Prob b-ball too

ADVERTISEMENT