ADVERTISEMENT

If the Big 10 Champion goes 0-4 vs the ACC...

nole96

Oct 9, 2002
what would that say about the conference?

I gotta say, I'm kinda rooting for Purdue tonight. No conference should have to deal with the embarrassment of their champion going 0-4 vs a supposedly equal conference.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
About as bad as beating a 13 and 12 seed and then getting bounced so you have to ride the coattails of the rest of your conference I imagine
Ride the coattails? I just said I'm rooting for Purdue.

I gotta say, I'm kinda rooting for Purdue tonight. No conference should have to deal with the embarrassment of their champion going 0-4 vs a supposedly equal conference.

It’d say that when Purdue lost those 3 games they weren’t a good team at that time. After starting 6-5 (including those 3 ACC losses), they clearly turned it around. I think you’re grasping for straws here.

Purdue is a different team than they were at the beginning of the season. I think that’s pretty clear.

Lol.... This might be the most hypocritical post ever. This is the equivalent of @uncfan in ky telling someone not to make up an imaginary wife.

Ohio state beat the big xii tourney champs and contributed to the big ten dominating the first round.

Florida state beat two mid majors and lost to a third.

Not even close to the same. Get your head out of your ass and stop looking so ****ing stupid

Reactions: ConvenientParking
Ohio state beat the big xii tourney champs and contributed to the big ten dominating the first round.

Florida state beat two mid majors and lost to a third.

Not even close to the same. Get your head out of your ass and stop looking so ****ing stupid
Lol... Ohio State won a game in the tournament so you can ride the coat tails of the big 10 in every thread then call someone out for doing the same thing who is a fan of a school that actually made it to the sweet 16. Try getting your head out of the rest of your conference's collective asses and stop being a hypocrite.

Lol... Ohio State won a game in the tournament so you can ride the coat tails of the big 10 in every thread then call someone out for doing the same thing who is a fan of a school that actually made it to the sweet 16. Try getting your head out of the rest of your conference's collective asses and stop being a hypocrite.

I openly hate and root against every other big ten school. I often mock you southerners because for some reason it is always acc/sec kids who feel the need to root for 14 teams.

You are embarrassing, all of you.

I openly hate and root against every other big ten school. I often mock you southerners because for some reason it is always acc/sec kids who feel the need to root for 14 teams.

You are embarrassing, all of you.
None of what you said makes any sense. I'm worried that I'm getting into a back and forth with a ******ed person so I'm out. Good luck.

None of what you said makes any sense. I'm worried that I'm getting into a back and forth with a ******ed person so I'm out. Good luck.

Of course it doesn’t make sense to you, it is like speaking to a pre schooler.

Just know you are tragic and make everyone In Your family look bad for simply associating with you

Purdue just went went from a 6-5 team to a really really good one.
Yeah, but everyone is much better than they were at the beginning of the year.

Purdue and Auburn both exploded as soon as they got in the NCAAT. That's great timing, just like when Nova won both of their recent titles. All those teams peaked at the right time.

Lets see what happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSCat12

It would say they are not as good which wouldn't change anything anyway.

Isn’t everyone?
Sure. But not everyone's "different" is equal. Purdue went from a team that was a fringe NCAAT team, to a team that was a buzzer beater away from the Final Four.

If Purdue hits the free throws at the end of regulation, they would have won the game.

Amazing that a lowly big ten team blew it with a missed free throw against the unbeatable omg amazing acc

Sure. But not everyone's "different" is equal. Purdue went from a team that was a fringe NCAAT team, to a team that was a buzzer beater away from the Final Four.
A fringe NCAAT team? Purdue? No. That's not true. When were they in any danger of missing the tournament?
Didn't they share the BIG10 regular season title?

If Purdue hits the free throws at the end of regulation, they would have won the game.

Amazing that a lowly big ten team blew it with a missed free throw against the unbeatable omg amazing acc
Lowly BIG team as in a team that split the BIG regular season titletitle

Nobody said tge BIG sucks dude. What people have said is the BIG hasn't won a title since 2000 and before that, it was 1989. That's the truth.

You're not gettget any sympathy man, SEC fans take an even worse beating, but at least the SEC has recent titles.

A fringe NCAAT team? Purdue? No. That's not true. When were they in any danger of missing the tournament?
Sure they did. But, to start the year, they were 6-5, after a loss to Notre Dame. Which was why I said---They went from a fringe NCAAT, to within seconds of the Final Four. The whole context is how teams are different from then, to now. You said isn't everyone different. I said, sure, but not everyone's "different" is equal.

We started the season 6-5 and the outlook was quite bleak at that point. Recovered during conference play.

Lowly BIG team as in a team that split the BIG regular season titletitle

Nobody said tge BIG sucks dude. What people have said is the BIG hasn't won a title since 2000 and before that, it was 1989. That's the truth.

You're not gettget any sympathy man, SEC fans take an even worse beating, but at least the SEC has recent titles.
Not directed at you Jeff, but this argument is silly. Just b/c UK and Florida were dominant, and won some titles, doesn't make the SEC a better conference. Just means they had the best team. This debate gets tiresome, really. No one wants to look at this w/o reasoning. The Big 10 has placed 6 different teams in the title game since 2002. Anyone with any ability to think, can see that shows the depth of a conference. More so than that of a team or two, winning a title.

Also, I am not saying you are calling the SEC better. Just making that cleas, as well.

Good luck tomorrow.

Do you follow basketball? Purdue was 6-5 after losing to lowly Notre Dame lol.

Do you follow basketball? Purdue was 6-5 after losing to lowly Notre Dame lol.
That didn't mean they were a fringe NCAAT team. I have been on this board every day for the last several years, I breathe cbb year round. You're a guy that’s rarely here.

I get it, Purdue lost a few games early on, but they were never in danger of missing the NCAAT, not with the players on that team.

I don't know what watching college basketball has to do with common sense.

That didn't mean they were a fringe NCAAT team. I have been on this board every day for the last several years, I breathe cbb year round. You're a guy that’s rarely here.

I get it, Purdue lost a few games early on, but they were never in danger of missing the NCAAT, not with the players on that team.

I don't know what watching college basketball has to do with common sense.

Rarely here? Lol. I’m here all the time but usually post in the B1G thread.

Reactions: KisteK and kyjeff1
Rarely here? Lol. I’m here all the time but usually post in the B1G thread.
Cool, so do you think Purdue was ever in danger if missing the NCAAT? I mean, they were a 3 seed. I don't think they were ever in danger of missing the tournament.

They are definitely one of the most improved teams though, no doubt about that.

Cool, so do you think Purdue was ever in danger if missing the NCAAT? I mean, they were a 3 seed. I don't think they were ever in danger of missing the tournament.

They are definitely one of the most improved teams though, no doubt about that.

They were 6-5 with a bad loss and no good wins. I don’t think most Purdue fans were thinking we were a lock for the tournament at that time. So yeah I’d say things weren’t looking great at that time. I don’t think many folks thought Purdue would go on a year after that and do what they did.

ADVERTISEMENT