ADVERTISEMENT

I will watch one of the movies suggested to me ITT

Everything about it is just great. And as previously stated, the cast is to die for. The final scene is also as good as it gets to finish a movie. And Rapaport absolutely kills.
I'm not sure if you know the background of the film, but Tarantino's script originally called for Clarence and Alabama to die in the hotel gun shootout. Tony Scott the director fell in love with the characters and just couldn't do it. Tarantino was furious. I categorically think Scott made the right choice. My 2-disc DVD includes a version of the original ending, but I can't bring myself to see it.

Reactions: KisteK and 829305
I was promised that Dunkirk was a great movie. It wasn't even an okay movie.
Totally agree. Everyone raved about one of the most boring movies I've ever sat through. Only the brave is really good though, one of the better movies I've seen in a long time.

I'm not sure if you know the background of the film, but Tarantino's script originally called for Clarence and Alabama to die in the hotel gun shootout. Tony Scott the director fell in love with the characters and just couldn't do it. Tarantino was furious. I categorically think Scott made the right choice. My 2-disc DVD includes a version of the original ending, but I can't bring myself to see it.

That’s crazy. Wonder if that’s why Tarantino directed most of what he wrote thereafter, cause isn’t this one of the few movies of his he wrote but didn’t direct? I don’t follow all that stuff much, directors and such, but I did know he wrote and didn’t direct TR.

Can’t tell you how many times I used the line, “Do I look like a beautiful blond w big tits and an ass that taste like French vanilla ice cream? Then why are you trying to fvck me?” Or even something simple like, “Hope, hope.” Loved when Rappaport said that. So many good ones.

That’s crazy. Wonder if that’s why Tarantino directed most of what he wrote thereafter, cause isn’t this one of the few movies of his he wrote but didn’t direct? I don’t follow all that stuff much, directors and such, but I did know he wrote and didn’t direct TR.

Can’t tell you how many times I used the line, “Do I look like a beautiful blond w big tits and an ass that taste like French vanilla ice cream? Then why are you trying to fvck me?” Or even something simple like, “Hope, hope.” Loved when Rappaport said that. So many good ones.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/68328/18-so-cool-facts-about-true-romance

Holy shit, I didn’t know that true romance was originally non linear. That’s incredible... I’d love to see his original concept for how he would have edited it.

Holy shit, I didn’t know that true romance was originally non linear. That’s incredible... I’d love to see his original concept for how he would have edited it.
Sounds like it was about as long as kill bill originally. Btw heard he is developing a third kill bill.

Reactions: Silent Banjo

The movie just abounds with great lines. I always use the one where at the beginning Clarence is pouring sugar in his coffee and says, "I don't stop until the spoon stands up." Of course, I don't like sugar in coffee, but the line always gets a laugh. There's a willing suspension of disbelief, but it is odd that people who aren't the most educated use such elegant metaphors and dialogue. One thing I found bizarre is that the phrase "there's something rotten in Denmark" was used twice. I suspect Quentin overlooked that.

Tony Scott drove his car off a bridge, and all indications were that it was a suicide. I hope he wasn't wracked with guilt over betraying Tarantino's script.

Reactions: 829305
I bet you guys love waking up to huge boners.
"The more, the merrier" I always say..

My first exposure to it was walking into the room when it was on TV, and it was the EXACT moment the basically-last scene kicked off. I was like “Uhhhh... what in the good **** is THIS movie?!”

Between the Part Eggplant scene, and the It Ain’t White Boy Day scene, that movie is a collection of bad ass moments. Very Tarantino before we really knew what Tarantino was, down to the Sam Jackson piece. And maybe the best cast in any single movie ever, period.

It's funny you remember your first time!
Because I do, too. Laughing

Love that movie.

Reactions: TheDude1
Dunkirk boring?

Schmucks.
Let me summarize the movie for you:

people-standing-in-line.jpg

Wildly entertaining.

Deliverance

You'll see some Kentucky fan posters on here in the cast.

I watched Friday Night Lights and look at @schoonerwest complety different now.

Midland is just a bunch of rich hillbillies jealous of Odessa.

Yes. The doctor even tried to railroad Boobie just because he was from midland
What an asshole.

Not from here so I wasn’t raised into the rivalry but I think it’s not as big of a deal anymore. Probably is to the kids but I think both teams suck now. Midland Lee was state champs and national champs as well as recently as the late 90’s and early 2000’s but I’m not sure they’ve even been to the playoffs in 10 years. I wonder what happened.

What an asshole.

Not from here so I wasn’t raised into the rivalry but I think it’s not as big of a deal anymore. Probably is to the kids but I think both teams suck now. Midland Lee was state champs and national champs as well as recently as the late 90’s and early 2000’s but I’m not sure they’ve even been to the playoffs in 10 years. I wonder what happened.
James Vanderbeek led a revolt against Bud Kilmer, been downhill ever since.

Reactions: schoonerwest
Never could get into FNL. Watched an ep or two. Seemed kinda cheesy.

Watched Kill the Irishman on Netflix recently. Solid gangster movie. Worth the 90 or so minutes. Based on a true story.

Never could get into FNL. Watched an ep or two. Seemed kinda cheesy.

Watched Kill the Irishman on Netflix recently. Solid gangster movie. Worth the 90 or so minutes. Based on a true story.
Hated the show after a while, movie is good though

Yeah I liked it, been a fan of Titus Pulo since Rome.

See, now you are TRULY my boy.

Titus and Lucius are the greatest duo in history.
Im still pissed HBO pulled the plug so quickly, that could have gone on awhile instead of pushing through about 3 seasons of material in the second/final season.

Reactions: TheDude1
Not a movie, but....

If you’re not watching Vikings on the history channel, you’re greatly missing out.

LOVED that one. Vince Vaughn has some acting chops. Was seriously engrossed throughout.
I did not see the face and boot stomping coming. Very graphic. Caught me off guard for a movie that looked like a classic low budget film

Let me summarize the movie for you:

people-standing-in-line.jpg

Wildly entertaining.

Funny, I remember 90 minutes of action and drama with great visuals.

Maybe a Michael Bay remake with more 'splosions and tits would be more your style?

Funny, I remember 90 minutes of action and drama with great visuals.

Maybe a Michael Bay remake with more 'splosions and tits would be more your style?
I remember fighting to keep my eyes open. I'm sorry you're taking this so personally and that you don't like boobs.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
I remember fighting to keep my eyes open. I'm sorry you're taking this so personally and that you don't like boobs.

If I want to see tits, I don't need to drive to the theater and sit for two hours.

It's just funny that basically every critic and film buff on the planet consider it great, yet you guys dismiss it like it's The Room.

Christopher Nolan is one of a handful of major directors making anything worth watching right now.

If I want to see tits, I don't need to drive to the theater and sit for two hours.
Yeah, the internet is great.
It's just funny that basically every critic and film buff on the planet consider it great
Generally a dead giveaway that the movie sucks.
Christopher Nolan is one of a handful of major directors making anything worth watching right now.
Agreed which is why I found this movie so disappointing. His first dud since the Dark Knight Returns. I've enjoyed his other films.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT