ADVERTISEMENT

I will watch one of the movies suggested to me ITT

51k56e4J1pL._SY445_.jpg

Bigfoot the Movie- It was a guilty pleasure that ended up being really damn funny. I didn't expect it to be what it was.

MV5BMjIwNDcwOTk0MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTMxOTA4MDI@._V1_UY268_CR3,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Young Offenders (have adblock), is the best movie from 2016. If you don't understand them at first give a second you'll catch on. It's still english.

Based ontrue events.

Last edited:
'Never Let Me Go' and 'I'm Not Scared' are two decent ones I've seen somewhat recently.
Just recentlyI was put ina position to read.I read "Never let me go". great book.

Will definitely follow up on I'm Not Scared'

Reading is great. Have you read the Stephen King Bill Hodge trilogy?

Mr. Mercedes, Finders keepers, End of watch.

It' excellent dude.

Last edited:
Just recentlyI was put ina position to read.I read "Never let me go". great book.

Will definitely follow up on I'm Not Scared'

Reading is great. Have you read the Stephen King Bill Hodge trilogy?

Mr. Mercedes, Finders keepers, End of watch.

It' excellent dude.

Oh yeah. I'm a huge King nerd. Used to have an extensive collection of his first editions (had all of them but a few and a bunch of special edition stuff) but sold them all when I get married. I've read all of his stuff except for the one he just wrote with his son Owen. I've read most of his other son's (Joe Hill) stuff as well, which is also quite good.

The Bill Hodge trilogy is great, especially the first two. The 'Mr. Mercedes' show on the Audience network is outstanding as well. One of the better adaptations I've seen of his. The guy who plays Brady is awesome.

Reactions: Clive Gollings
It's great to relate to someone.

I'm half way though
End of watch. Brady just killed freedy.
sorry for spo8ilers.

Last edited:
Oh yeah. I'm a huge King nerd. Used to have an extensive collection of his first editions (had all of them but a few and a bunch of special edition stuff) but sold them all when I get married. I've read all of his stuff except for the one he just wrote with his son Owen. I've read most of his other son's (Joe Hill) stuff as well, which is also quite good.

The Bill Hodge trilogy is great, especially the first two. The 'Mr. Mercedes' show on the Audience network is outstanding as well. One of the better adaptations I've seen of his. The guy who plays Brady is awesome.
Have you read shining #2? I'm reallylooking forward tothat.

He said Doctorsleep is him going back to horror

Have you read shining #2? I'm reallylooking forward tothat.

He said Doctorsleep is him going back to horror

Yes, it was very good. I thought ‘Revival’ was one of his better more relatively recent horror books. I’m a big Lovecraft guy though and it was a bit of an ode to Lovecraft in a way.

Yes, it was very good. I thought ‘Revival’ was one of his better more relatively recent horror books. I’m a big Lovecraft guy though and it was a bit of an ode to Lovecraft in a way.
tumblr_msjd9s6Hih1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Just jokingthere have you read Doctor sleep (shining #2)

Last edited:
tumblr_msjd9s6Hih1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Just jokingthere have you read Doctor sleep (shining #2)
Yes, it was good. I had no idea how he was really going to attack a sequel but was definitely pleased with it. If you like King and haven't read any of Hill's stuff yet it is worth it. 'Horns' is solid but 'Heart Shaped Box' and 'The Fireman' are both really good. I'm looking forward to 'NOS4A2' but am about to read 'Annihilation' first since that movie is coming out and I've heard the book is good.

Reactions: Clive Gollings
Yes, it was good. I had no idea how he was really going to attack a sequel but was definitely pleased with it. If you like King and haven't read any of Hill's stuff yet it is worth it. 'Horns' is solid but 'Heart Shaped Box' and 'The Fireman' are both really good. I'm looking forward to 'NOS4A2' but am about to read 'Annihilation' first since that movie is coming out and I've heard the book is good.
I like you.

What team do you cheer for?....doesn't matter.

This thread is now open to new suggestions. Got my Egg drop soup (GOAT soup) and looking to fire up a nice, gritty movie tonight.

This is good for me for two reasons. One, it will give me a break from jimbo's mom. Two, it means your wife is fair game tonight. And I know it's her time of month. Don't care.

I just have to go back and acknowledge this post. Straight ALPHA, even though it was at my expense.

Last edited:
True Romance is by far the best suggestion.

My first exposure to it was walking into the room when it was on TV, and it was the EXACT moment the basically-last scene kicked off. I was like “Uhhhh... what in the good **** is THIS movie?!”

Between the Part Eggplant scene, and the It Ain’t White Boy Day scene, that movie is a collection of bad ass moments. Very Tarantino before we really knew what Tarantino was, down to the Sam Jackson piece. And maybe the best cast in any single movie ever, period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silent Banjo
My first exposure to it was walking into the room when it was on TV, and it was the EXACT moment the basically-last scene kicked off. I was like “Uhhhh... what in the good **** is THIS movie?!”

Between the Part Eggplant scene, and the It Ain’t White Boy Day scene, that movie is a collection of bad ass moments. Very Tarantino before we really knew what Tarantino was, down to the Sam Jackson piece. And maybe the best cast in any single movie ever, period.
True story. When I first saw the movie I was absolutely riveted, and everything ratcheted up during the Eggplant Scene (which I'm pretty sure is officially called The Sicilian). I went out and got my wife, who was shoveling snow, and told her that she absolutely had to come in and watch the scene, which I replayed for her. She groaned over the violence, but admitted that it was exceedingly well done. So then, I told her to go back and shovel.

IMO, it's the greatest movie in the last 40 years. I usually prefer the real oldies like High Noon and Casablanca, but True Romance occupies an exalted spot in my regard.

True story. When I first saw the movie I was absolutely riveted, and everything ratcheted up during the Eggplant Scene (which I'm pretty sure is officially called The Sicilian). I went out and got my wife, who was shoveling snow, and told her that she absolutely had to come in and watch the scene, which I replayed for her. She groaned over the violence, but admitted that it was exceedingly well done. So then, I told her to go back and shovel.

IMO, it's the greatest movie in the last 40 years. I usually prefer the real oldies like High Noon and Casablanca, but True Romance occupies an exalted spot in my regard.
Everything about it is just great. And as previously stated, the cast is to die for. The final scene is also as good as it gets to finish a movie. And Rapaport absolutely kills.

ADVERTISEMENT