ADVERTISEMENT

Hurt To Duke

I don't know why I even bother. You are one dense SOB. I never said a damned thing about Skal Labis.... whatever. You brought up Reddish's ppg, I just gave you a perfect breakdown on how he reached that average and how is was a misleading stat. So not reaching his average in any tournament game is pretty good for a player that averages 13.5 ppg? Are you trolling, or just plumb dumb? A game that Duke scored 67 points in and lost by one point, he scored 8 points and that is performing very well?

Just don't answer any of these questions. I am seriously over this topic and moving on. You guys are a pain in the ass.
You obviously didn't read my post. I compared Reddish's numbers to Ward's numbers. Both players were the third leading scorers for their team and Ward never even came close to his average, at least Reddish did.

Blame it on Reddish all you want, but he didn't perform as badly as you're portraying.

You know what I saw? I saw a lack of adjustments, poor defense, poor rebounding and 1 guy playing selfishly.

Take RJ and Cam. Both hyped up big time before the season. Had RJ played like Cam, we would have been a 4-5 seed, at best. Had Cam played close to how RJ did, we probably win the title.

The irony that us Duke fans are admitting we weren't as good as we wished is being met by some Kentucky fans saying we were. You can't make this stuff up.

Take RJ and Cam. Both hyped up big time before the season. Had RJ played like Cam, we would have been a 4-5 seed, at best. Had Cam played close to how RJ did, we probably win the title.

The irony that us Duke fans are admitting we weren't as good as we wished is being met by some Kentucky fans saying we were. You can't make this stuff up.
So wait, Cam needed to play up to transcendent levels in order for Duke to win it all? So you're saying K needed a generational player + two transcendent players + 3 more All Americans?

Cam was what we thought he was going to be. At UK, we see those players every year, 5hey still go pro after one year, but they don't really set the world on fire.

But itit not Cam's fault either. It was the Zion and RJ show all season, it's not easy being the third wheel.

Remember, "Killers Kill, Killers kill"

You really can't. It is insanity.
Did you ever think that it might be you guys that are insane? I mean, you can't deny the fact that Duke was pumped up all year long. Duke 2019 and Zion and K and RJ were shoved down our throats all year long.

You have some duke fans on here that were going bonkers and laughing at UK for getting blown out by 34.

Now y'all want to act like Duke was just some second rate team that had all kinds of flaws.

You said Reddish was underwhelming, when in fact he outperformed Nick Ward and most other players of his same caliber. If you want, I can compare him to the third leading scorers on every other E8 team to further prove my point, but you and I know that's not really necessary.

Tre Jones was shoved down our throats all year too. "Best on ball defender in the country".

I bet ESPN is trying to figure out a way to do a split cam on Zion slaying chicks in his dorm room during the NBA finals.

I just can't believe the approach you guys are taking. It wasn't a flawed roster, it wasn't because Reddish pussed out, it was an epic fail by the "GOAT".

Reactions: kl40504
The funny things is, we were #4 preseason and #4 postseason. So expectations met, I guess.

Have to agree with these yahoos on one point...there's a little bit of revisionism happening. There wasn't a single Duke fan who said before the tourney that they "didn't have the horses" to win it all.

They beat the champ twice and once by double digits. They had the horses.

Reactions: RipThru
The funny things is, we were #4 preseason and #4 postseason. So expectations met, I guess.
Yeah, because guesses in October are meaningful.

Everyone gets a trophy in your house huh?

Bottom line is, for 90% of the season and especially going into the tournament, Duke was the prohibitive favorite "and it wasn't even close".

They were the overall #1 seed with a loaded roster. They had by far the most talent and the greatest coach to ever walk the face of the earth.

But you're going to justify the loss because pre season rankings had duke at #4???

Killers Kill, killers kill.

Have to agree with these yahoos on one point...there's a little bit of revisionism happening. There wasn't a single Duke fan who said before the tourney that they "didn't have the horses" to win it all.

They beat the champ twice and once by double digits. They had the horses.
That's what you do when the season ends in a loss. You reflect on what ended the season. I felt like Duke had a good chance at winning the championship. Not because of them being a dominant force. But because they were just as good as anyone else. So yes, looking back Duke just didn't have enough horses. Why is this a hard thing to grasp? In the 27 games since conference play started Duke scored their season average 8 times. They scored 67 points in the game against MSU. They had 5 player score and 3 of them combined for 22 points. Is it THAT ridiculous to say that they didn't have enough horses. Obviously that statement is based of looking back, not forward .

Reactions: Mac9192
Yeah, because guesses in October are meaningful.

Everyone gets a trophy in your house huh?

Bottom line is, for 90% of the season and especially going into the tournament, Duke was the prohibitive favorite "and it wasn't even close".

They were the overall #1 seed with a loaded roster. They had by far the most talent and the greatest coach to ever walk the face of the earth.

But you're going to justify the loss because pre season rankings had duke at #4???

Killers Kill, killers kill.

Just thought it was funny. Not a big deal, bro.

FWIW, every blue blood has had a loaded roster fall-up short in the NCAAs.

Kentucky- 2015
Kansas- 1997
UNC- 1984

It happens. And I would argue that all 3 of those teams were much more likely to win the title than Duke. Also, fun fact: the #1 team going into the tournament has only won the tournament twice in the last 24 years. That's 8.3%. So yeah, winning six games in a row against high-quality competition isn't exactly easy.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
Did you ever think that it might be you guys that are insane? I mean, you can't deny the fact that Duke was pumped up all year long. Duke 2019 and Zion and K and RJ were shoved down our throats all year long.

You have some duke fans on here that were going bonkers and laughing at UK for getting blown out by 34.

Now y'all want to act like Duke was just some second rate team that had all kinds of flaws.

You said Reddish was underwhelming, when in fact he outperformed Nick Ward and most other players of his same caliber. If you want, I can compare him to the third leading scorers on every other E8 team to further prove my point, but you and I know that's not really necessary.

Tre Jones was shoved down our throats all year too. "Best on ball defender in the country".

I bet ESPN is trying to figure out a way to do a split cam on Zion slaying chicks in his dorm room during the NBA finals.

I just can't believe the approach you guys are taking. It wasn't a flawed roster, it wasn't because Reddish pussed out, it was an epic fail by the "GOAT".
God, you are an idiot.

Reactions: dukedevilz
[/QUOTE]

Did you say Duke had a flawed roster? Who said that?

Nawww... that team was like the Dream Team on the collegiate level, only we didn't have any three point shooters, or a bench, or a great half-court set.

The Duke team was great, certainly. I think we all saw the flaws in them very early on, however. We were capable of beating anyone, but we also played three consecutive games that came down to the final possession.

Nawww... that team was like the Dream Team on the collegiate level, only we didn't have any three point shooters, or a bench, or a great half-court set.

The Duke team was great, certainly. I think we all saw the flaws in them very early on, however. We were capable of beating anyone, but we also played three consecutive games that came down to the final possession.
I guess we could always use the fall back excuse. You know, Duke gets every team's best. Duke is everyone's super bowl.

Despite the bickering. And pointing out Reddish's downfalls. This team was fun to watch, they played hard on both ends even when things weren't going their way. Winning championships is hard even for the team that gets all of the hype and all of the attention. Losing this year was far less frustrating to me than the past years when I went into the tournament expecting a loss. It is more disappointing, but less frustrating.

I guess we could always use the fall back excuse. You know, Duke gets every team's best. Duke is everyone's super bowl.

Despite the bickering. And pointing out Reddish's downfalls. This team was fun to watch, they played hard on both ends even when things weren't going their way. Winning championships is hard even for the team that gets all of the hype and all of the attention. Losing this year was far less frustrating to me than the past years when I went into the tournament expecting a loss. It is more disappointing, but less frustrating.

Well said. And I loved this team. Such great camaraderie, arguably the best we've seen this decade. It was disappointing, without question. But the season, in general, was very enjoyable.

Reactions: Mac9192
God, you are an idiot.
Oh by all means, don't actually refute anything with facts, just hurl insults when you know you have nothing of merit to bring to the table. But we all know that's how you roll.

Even your duke brothers call you an idiot, so your opinion means nothing to me.

Reactions: kl40504
What stat? I wasn't trying to explain losses. Just that going strictly by what a player averages is not a winning formula for an argument.

Maybe stat was the wrong term. But here’s an example...PJ Washington shot 60% from the FT line in 17-18. He went 8-20 against KState and UK got beat by 3. If he shoots his average then theoretically UK wins.

And if you weren’t trying to justify something you went to a lot of trouble.

Maybe stat was the wrong term. But here’s an example...PJ Washington shot 60% from the FT line in 17-18. He went 8-20 against KState and UK got beat by 3. If he shoots his average then theoretically UK wins.

And if you weren’t trying to justify something you went to a lot of trouble.
Thank you for your input. I will take it into consideration.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Hey, an idea... maybe if every Duke fan will ignore this mental midget, he will go away? I’ll start.

Oh, now the thread is MUCH better.

I post that Duke was a very good team this year, that we had two amazing talents, that we were a favorite to win the title all year, and also that we didn’t really show improvement this year, and that we were certainly over-fellated by the media all year.

I post a dozen links, both to media sources and to Duke forums, where people talked about Dukes weaknesses all year, about Cam Reddish being pretty bad and Duke’s free throw shooting and three point shooting and lack of bench production possibly being an issue, and where people really jumped on K for what they thought were some poor decisions during the year.

I post actual facts, like that Cam Reddish had both the lowest shooting percentage on the team while also having just about the highest turnover rate, and also posted why PPG comparisons don’t work without taking into account pace.

Oh, and other facts like that Duke had just about the worst three point shooting in the country (the worst Duke has ever had, and WAY worse than any national champ has ever had) and absolutely terrible foul shooting.

Oh, and OTHER facts that show that Duke, a KenPom top five team at the end of the, performed about the same as 70 percent of other KenPom top five teams years... ie didn’t make the Final Four.

Oh, and OTHER facts like that Duke lost six games this year, and came within a bucket of losing 13 games this year, so anyone who doesn’t just read ESPN headlines and listen to sports pundits but who actually tries to think a bit would realize that this Duke team was very good, but also vulnerable.

Oh, and OTHER facts like that a lot of basketball is luck, and a lot of the giant judgments we are passing are because of a single percentage point in shooting for either MSU or Duke, which helps put it into perspective.

And I said it sucked that we lost.

And in the new, no-idiot version of this thread, there isn’t some low IQ butthurt-by-Duke, UK fan troll who continues to insist that no Duke fans are providing facts (even though we have) while simultaneously whining like a bitch about how ESPN covered Duke (while insisting he isn’t upset) and posting simple facts with no context and insisting nobody saw problems with Duke despite... you know... the exact opposite being true ... oh, and all while posting a bunch of lies, AND while making sure to type like English is his second language! (Really, tell us more about your “vile.”).

Yeah, this new version of this thread is WAY better. @LetsGoDuke301 @dukedevilz @Mac9192 you should try it. Taking out the trash makes the thread stink a lot less.

And I bet the forum will be way better, too! Can’t wait!

Last edited:

I post that Duke was a very good team this year, that we had two amazing talents, that we were a favorite to win the title all year, and also that we didn’t really show improvement this year, and that we were certainly over-fellated by the media all year.

I post a dozen links, both to media sources and to Duke forums, where people talked about Dukes weaknesses all year, about Cam Reddish being pretty bad and Duke’s free throw shooting and three point shooting and lack of bench production possibly being an issue, and where people really jumped on K for what they thought were some poor decisions during the year.

I post actual facts, like that Cam Reddish had both the lowest shooting percentage on the team while also having just about the highest turnover rate, and also posted why PPG comparisons don’t work without taking into account pace.

Oh, and other facts like that Duke had just about the worst three point shooting in the country (the worst Duke has ever had, and WAY worse than any national champ has ever had) and absolutely terrible foul shooting.

Oh, and OTHER facts that show that Duke, a KenPom top five team at the end of the, performed about the same as 70 percent of other KenPom top five teams... ie didn’t make the Final Four.

Oh, and OTHER facts like that Duke lost six games this year, and came within a bucket of losing 13 games this year, so anyone who doesn’t just read ESPN headlines and listen to sports pundits but who actually tries to think a bit would realize that this Duke team was very good, but also vulnerable.

Oh, and OTHER facts like that a lot of basketball is luck, and a lot of the giant judgments we are passing are because of a single percentage point in shooting for either MSU or Duke, which helps put it into perspective.

And in the new, no-idiot version of this thread, there isn’t some low IQ butthurt-by-Duke, UK fan troll who continues to insist that no Duke fans are providing facts (even though we have) while simultaneously whining like a bitch about how ESPN covered Duke (while insisting he isn’t upset) and posting simple facts with no context and insisting nobody saw problems with Duke despite... you know... the exact opposite being true ... oh, and all while posting a bunch of lies, AND while making sure to type like English is his second language! (Really, tell us more about your “vile.”).

Yeah, this new version of this thread is WAY better. @LetsGoDuke301 @dukedevilz @Mac9192 you should try it. Taking out the trash makes the thread stink a lot less.

The lack of replies to this post suggests that they’re ignoring you from now on too.

Oh, and OTHER facts that show that Duke, a KenPom top five team at the end of the, performed about the same as 70 percent of other KenPom top five teams years... ie didn’t make the Final Four.

Are people on sports forums supposed to feel bad for other posters? Either way, you have my sympathy. Basketball is hard sometimes.

Reactions: RipThru
You waited four days, for that? My man, you try way too hard sometimes.
Says the guy that wrote the novel. I missed it the first time around and it just got bumped. Damn, someone really got you fired up back then. You do have my sympathy. I know first hand how much it sucks losing with the best team.

Says the guy that wrote the novel. I missed it the first time around and it just got bumped. Damn, someone really got you fired up back then. You do have my sympathy. I know first hand how much it sucks losing with the best team.

Oh, you are one of those people who mistake a few sentences to be some great intellectual exercise of passion? That makes sense, I suppose.

But yeah, keep up with the “OMG, you are so rustled!” approach. That’s new.

Shit, Lurker... you used to be a much better poster. And I’m not the first to notice.

Oh, you are one of those people who mistake a few sentences to be some great intellectual exercise of passion? That makes sense, I suppose.

But yeah, keep up with the “OMG, you are so rustled!” approach. That’s new.

Shit, Lurker... you used to be a much better poster. And I’m not the first to notice.
I honestly have no idea why you're changing your opinion of me.

Also, who else? It'd be weird to claim other people and then not say who they are.

No, it’s not weird, I don’t know if everyone wants to get caught up in message board nonsense with you.

Whatever... good posts full of content, glad I read them. Keep it up.

That's what I thought.

giphy.gif

Winking

ADVERTISEMENT