ADVERTISEMENT

Hurt To Duke

How would you say he choked?
Took the air out of the ball with a 6 point lead with just under 4 minutes to go against Wisconsin in 2015 and took some timeouts home with him.

In 2010, he never adjusted to West Virginia's 1-3-1 and just allowed his team to chuck 3's all game. Maybe when you're shooting 0-15 from 3 point range, you do something, I don't know, different.

WVA had nobody that could check Cousins, Orton or Patterson inside, but those guys rarely saw the ball that game.

Wow, more name calling.

So why was Duke rated top 5 in offensive efficiency if they sucked so bad from three point range and the ft line?

Must mean they were incredibly elite at all other aspects by my count.

You don't get how KenPom works, do you? (Oh, and btw, we were #7 in offensive efficiency, but whatever, let's roll with it.)

So lemme ask you this... you are all worked up over KENPOM TOP 5!!! DIDN'T MAKE THE FINAL FOUR!!! FAILURE!!!! K SUCKS!!!

But let's actually look at... you know... facts... which you pretend to understand. And I'll even use the end of year KenPom stats, which will help your case, rather than the pre-tournament KenPom stats.

2018. 1 team in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2017. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2016. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2015. 3 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2014. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2013. 2 teams is the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2012. 3 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2011. 0 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2010. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2009. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.

So. In the last ten years, 19 teams from the KenPom top 5 made the final four. There were 50 teams in the KenPom top 5 over those ten years. So only 38% of teams in the KenPom Top 5 made the Final Four. So Duke did what about 62% of Kenpom Top 5 teams have done over the last decade.

Yet we are supposed to be having a fit because a team...

... that was 327th in three point shooting...

... that was 252nd in free throw shooting this year...

... that got 15 points per game TOTAL from the bench this year...

... and which went 32-6, and was 7 buckets away from being 25-13...

... didn't make the Final Four because they missed a bucket.

Gotcha.

You don't get how KenPom works, do you? (Oh, and btw, we were #7 in offensive efficiency, but whatever, let's roll with it.)

So lemme ask you this... you are all worked up over KENPOM TOP 5!!! DIDN'T MAKE THE FINAL FOUR!!! FAILURE!!!! K SUCKS!!!

But let's actually look at... you know... facts... which you pretend to understand. And I'll even use the end of year KenPom stats, which will help your case, rather than the pre-tournament KenPom stats.

2018. 1 team in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2017. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2016. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2015. 3 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2014. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2013. 2 teams is the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2012. 3 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2011. 0 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2010. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.
2009. 2 teams in the KenPom top 5 made the Final 4.

So. In the last ten years, 19 teams from the KenPom top 5 made the final four. There were 50 teams in the KenPom top 5 over those ten years. So only 38% of teams in the KenPom Top 5 made the Final Four. So Duke did what about 62% of Kenpom Top 5 teams have done over the last decade.

Yet we are supposed to be having a fit because a team...

... that was 327th in three point shooting...

... that was 252nd in free throw shooting this year...

... that got 15 points per game TOTAL from the bench this year...

... and which went 32-6, and was 7 buckets away from being 25-13...

... didn't make the Final Four because they missed a bucket.

Gotcha.
Duke was top 5 in offensive and defensive efficiency going into the tournament.

You can bring up stats from all the past years if you want to, but none of those teams had Zion + RJ + Jones + K. Make excuses all you want, but there are a lot of coaches that would have been in the FF with that team.

You guys might have been saying that something was wrong with the team, but who's fault is that? The talent, skill and athletesism was there in spades.

Took the air out of the ball with a 6 point lead with just under 4 minutes to go against Wisconsin in 2015 and took some timeouts home with him.

In 2010, he never adjusted to West Virginia's 1-3-1 and just allowed his team to chuck 3's all game. Maybe when you're shooting 0-15 from 3 point range, you do something, I don't know, different.

WVA had nobody that could check Cousins, Orton or Patterson inside, but those guys rarely saw the ball that game.
What about this year. The year we are talking about?

What about this year. The year we are talking about?
I felt he didn't utilize the size advantage he had and he had a 93% free throw shooter at his disposal (Herro). The ball never found its way into his hands and instead went to Washington who, for the second year in a row, shit his pants over snd over at the free throw line.

Now, again, we have player after player heading for the draft after doing very little when it counted.

UK had a FF team this year, I get it, they went to overtime in the E8, but too many mistakes by players snd coaches cost UK again.

I felt he didn't utilize the size advantage he had and he had a 93% free throw shooter at his disposal (Herro). The ball never found its way into his hands and instead went to Washington who, for the second year in a row, shit his pants over snd over at the free throw line.

Now, again, we have player after player heading for the draft after doing very little when it counted.

UK had a FF team this year, I get it, they went to overtime in the E8, but too many mistakes by players snd coaches cost UK again.
So we are just using one game?

Going by one game completely trashes your entire argument ITT. You know, that Duke had plenty of horses. Duke had four elite scorers. No?
I think you need to reread what I said.

But Cal isn't K and UK didn't have zion and Barrett. UK had the same amount of scorers only UK didn't have two guys that got 22.5 a game.

UK also didn't have a once in a lifetime player. The one time they did, they won the title.

I think you need to reread what I said.

But Cal isn't K and UK didn't have zion and Barrett. UK had the same amount of scorers only UK didn't have two guys that got 22.5 a game.

UK also didn't have a once in a lifetime player. The one time they did, they won the title.
But you did have two top 5 teams.

Jc for 3 is easily on the top 5 worst posters list. Adds nothing to any conversation. Just flames and says ridiculous shit.
Then disappears when Duke pushes UK's shit in by 34 points after touting UK having 2 top 5 teams. That dude is ****ing clown shoes.

Reactions: LetsGoDuke301
But...what about the narrative that UK was the best team in the country and was going to mow through the field like it were the Bahamas? How does that fit in?
Why bring Rafters crap here? I love how so many here read Rafters, then bring it up here as if the few posters here said such. What regular UK fan here was saying that?

Why bring Rafters crap here? I love how so many here read Rafters, then bring it up here as if the few posters here said such. What regular UK fan here was saying that?
that isn't rafters talk, that was mentioned by a few (the worst) UK fans on this board.

Then disappears when Duke pushes UK's shit in by 34 points after touting UK having 2 top 5 teams. That dude is ****ing clown shoes.

Hmmm, really...? Where did I go? I was here saying I couldn't talk any trash about the dookies for the rest of the season.

Well, season's over, DORK.

Depleted roster. No expectations. Road.

How did two top 5 teams equal 0?
Excuses excuses. You lost because you had a depleted roster, so you're going to hide behind Duke's accomplishments now.

You'll be throwing shade at Duke tomorrow to hide behind someone else.

Excuses excuses. You lost because you had a depleted roster, so you're going to hide behind Duke's accomplishments now.

You'll be throwing shade at Duke tomorrow to hide behind someone else.

Y'see...you continually make the same mistake. You think everyone derives their self-worth from their college basketball team's accomplishments.

Which is why you debate these pointless matters like your soul is on the line. It's damn hilarious though.

Y'see...you continually make the same mistake. You think everyone derives their self-worth from their college basketball team's accomplishments.

Which is why you debate these pointless matters like your soul is on the line. It's damn hilarious though.
Nice deflection.

No, they had thoroughbreds, the rest of the country had pack mules.
Its your own fault that you fell for Duke's hype again this year. We will always live rent free in BBN's head since Duke is beating UK at its own game and has more titles to show for it this decade.

Another #1 recruiting class in tow, I"ll look forward to another year where we're in the title mix.

Its your own fault that you fell for Duke's hype again this year. We will always live rent free in BBN's head since Duke is beating UK at its own game and has more titles to show for it this decade.

Another #1 recruiting class in tow, I"ll look forward to another year where we're in the title mix.

...and yet , you still don't have as many titles and you're 10-12 in the series count.

Not to mention as far as 'this decade' goes, dook doesn't have as many:
  • wins
  • NCAA Tournament wins
  • Sweet 16's
  • Final 4's
We'll look forward to another year where we're in the title mix as well.

So we're falling for duke's hype? Does it make you feel better to believe that garbage?

Bilas wasn't lying when he said Duke was the most talented team "and it isn't even close".

But hey, you believe what you want to believe.

Jeff. You've already admitted that it was your jealousy of the coverage Duke got that upset you. Stop trying to use stats to make your bitterness seem reasonable.

Let's look at Reddish. He averaged 13.5 points a game. And so what that he was inconsistent, right? Well he didn't score his average in any tournament game. Seeing how close two of our wins were and our loss was, I wouldn't just say so what. Would have been nice if he scored 10 points against MSU instead of 8. That might have made the difference. But anyways, let's keep looking at this 13.5 ppg since paper stats are the only real measure of success here. It's not like he got that 13.5 by being a reliable, yet modest scorer. That would have been better. It's always better to know what you're going to get out of someone. He did that by having 8 games with 20+. I am not complaining about getting 8 games of 20+ from a freshman. The problem here is he had 13 games in single digits. He had 21 games where he didn't reach his average in points. So that is 17 games that he scored 14 or more. So yeah, who cares if he was inconsistent when we can be lazy and just look at his averages.

Valid argument. But if we are being honest, couldn't virtually every team use a similar stat to explain losses?

What stat? I wasn't trying to explain losses. Just that going strictly by what a player averages is not a winning formula for an argument.
Yeah, you are trying to convince everyone that Duke didn't have enough scorers. You brought up Reddish, saying he was no better than Skal Labissier, but he got 12, 13, DNP and 8 in the tournament. That's pretty damn good from a guy that averaged 13.5ppg. I don't see the issue with those numbers, looks like he performed very well.

Looking at a team like Michigan State, their 3rd leading scorer was Nick Ward at 12ppg. He scored 8, 9, 4, 6 and 5 in his 5 tournament games. Looks pretty bad for a guy averaging 12ppg. He never even came close to his average.

I think you should find a different reason.

Yeah, you are trying to convince everyone that Duke didn't have enough scorers. You brought up Reddish, saying he was no better than Skal Labissier, but he got 12, 13, DNP and 8 in the tournament. That's pretty damn good from a guy that averaged 13.5ppg. I don't see the issue with those numbers, looks like he performed very well.

Looking at a team like Michigan State, their 3rd leading scorer was Nick Ward at 12ppg. He scored 8, 9, 4, 6 and 5 in his 5 tournament games. Looks pretty bad for a guy averaging 12ppg. He never even came close to his average.

I think you should find a different reason.
I don't know why I even bother. You are one dense SOB. I never said a damned thing about Skal Labis.... whatever. You brought up Reddish's ppg, I just gave you a perfect breakdown on how he reached that average and how is was a misleading stat. So not reaching his average in any tournament game is pretty good for a player that averages 13.5 ppg? Are you trolling, or just plumb dumb? A game that Duke scored 67 points in and lost by one point, he scored 8 points and that is performing very well?

Just don't answer any of these questions. I am seriously over this topic and moving on. You guys are a pain in the ass.

ADVERTISEMENT