ADVERTISEMENT

How many MWC championships in a row will Kansas win?

Football is a much more popular sport
You combine that with how revenue is created you see why these conferences are 100% football
Basketball and baseball are in the same boat
Not according to the NCAA but according to these conferences

And how many coaches have you guys ran through since Mack? I'll wait....

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The question in itself perfectly explains the problem with the Kansas fanbase
Your fanbase has this mentality that it is somehow on top of something
When in reality they aren’t. Pretty sad.

Kansas fans should be watching their football team this year
Sink or swim right now. Your basketball program won’t save you. None of these media networks care about basketball ratings only football. So therefore these conferences only care about football.

A simple question that requires a simple answer you're unable to do that.

A simple question that requires a simple answer you're unable to do that.
Texas has been average at basketball.
Don’t think anyone would say anything different
But ultimately basketball is viewed the same as all of these other sports that some of you don’t see value in
This is a basketball board but that doesn’t change reality
Reality says a school who sucks at basketball but has football history like Nebraska is more value than a school who is the opposite like Kansas

You see with Kansas/Nebraska
One is in the B1G and other will never get into that conference

But ultimately basketball is viewed the same as all of these other sports that some of you don’t see value in
Reality says a school who sucks at basketball but has football history like Nebraska is more value than a school who is the opposite like Kansas

And you been average in football.

But you are doing the same when you clump football and basketball together
Just look at the boards here
Football has 2.5 million post
Basketball has 500,000
Baseball has 5 K
So Baseball is closer to basketball than basketball is to football
I said in my post that if you told me football was in a way different league than basketball, I wouldn't fight you. But no, I don't agree basketball is closer to baseball than football.

An anonymous message board isn't a great source. Viewership and revenue are better indicators. The NCAA basketball tournament rakes in 90 percent of the NCAA's bottom line every year. That includes baseball and everything baseball does. College baseball is not close to college basketball.

I said in my post that if you told me football was in a way different league than basketball, I wouldn't fight you. But no, I don't agree basketball is closer to baseball than football.

An anonymous message board isn't a great source. Viewership and revenue are better indicators. The NCAA basketball tournament rakes in 90 percent of the NCAA's bottom line every year. That includes baseball and everything baseball does. College baseball is not close to college basketball.
Now you are seeing the problem with basketball…
The question becomes do you want to ruin March Madness

Basketball is the slave for the NCAA…

How so? Schools and now players will be able to profit off college basketball. Sounds like a win-win to me.

Very careful
Football is huge not just because it is the most popular sport in this country is because schools sued the NCAA for their TV rights
Regular season CFB is how conferences makes their money
Regular season CBB is worthless
The money is still with the NCAA
So if schools sued for those TV rights
You create a separation

So teams like Villanova and Gonzaga aren’t included
It somewhat ruins the product because you only have football schools playing…
But you will have more money. Basketball perhaps can equal or pass football

Very careful
Football is huge not just because it is the most popular sport in this country is because schools sued the NCAA for their TV rights
Regular season CFB is how conferences makes their money
Regular season CBB is worthless
The money is still with the NCAA
So if schools sued for those TV rights
You create a separation

So teams like Villanova and Gonzaga aren’t included
It somewhat ruins the product because you only have football schools playing…
But you will have more money. Basketball perhaps can equal or pass football
Well, I'll be honest, I really don't care what happens to Nova or the Zags. Kentucky is the most profitable basketball program in the country, raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. If not more. Maybe millions? I can't remember.

So yea, it sucks for smaller schools. But there's benefits that come with being a power five school. You get to play in a real football conference and you can be profitable in basketball.

The question in itself perfectly explains the problem with the Kansas fanbase
Your fanbase has this mentality that it is somehow on top of something
When in reality they aren’t. Pretty sad.

Kansas fans should be watching their football team this year
Sink or swim right now. Your basketball program won’t save you. None of these media networks care about basketball ratings only football. So therefore these conferences only care about football.
You're saying things that have nothing to do with the question. Why did you guys struggle in the big 12 conference in football and basketball?

Well, I'll be honest, I really don't care what happens to Nova or the Zags. Kentucky is the most profitable basketball program in the country, raking in hundreds of thousands of dollars a year. If not more. Maybe millions? I can't remember.

So yea, it sucks for smaller schools. But there's benefits that come with being a power five school. You get to play in a real football conference and you can be profitable in basketball.
The problem becomes that you devalue March Madness by removing the smaller schools
So you are stuck in the same position. Basketball being behind football.
Interesting what happens

Texas football is currently Nebraska football but with out the National championships.

Not happening. We aren't taking a pay cut to let you in.
You'll take a paycut plus your yearly anal rape and like it.

MQpq.gif

Does Kansas basketball have more pull than Iowa football?
I always wondered and couldn't find who KU bought the rules of basketball from. I saw the doc, but can't recall them naming the seller.

OT, ok, I'd guess KU pulls more wool than Iowa teams combined. I'm probably way off or not. Either way KU is a national brand.

I always wondered and couldn't find who KU bought the rules of basketball from. I saw the doc, but can't recall them naming the seller.

OT, ok, I'd guess KU pulls more wool than Iowa teams combined. I'm probably way off or not. Either way KU is a national brand.
Sold by the Naismith Foundation, duhhhhhhhh.

Well the PAC 12 is going to announce whether they intend to expand on Friday so we'll be able to tell if this twitter rumor has any truth to it pretty quickly.
If you guys need more "boo'ing in your conference, add KSU and ISU. Its literally the best thing they do.

Reactions: hawkit3113
If you guys need more "boo'ing in your conference, add KSU and ISU. Its literally the best thing they do.

I'd be shocked if the PAC 12 chooses to expand. I would be even more shocked if Kansas State is considered.

If the PAC 12 chooses to expand, Oklahoma State would be the top target along with one of the Texas schools.

Yeah you are way off. We pull well over 100 million in revenue. No basketball school can touch that. UK pulls in the most at 56 mil. So we double any basketball program in revenue

• Wow
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Well the PAC 12 is going to announce whether they intend to expand on Friday so we'll be able to tell if this twitter rumor has any truth to it pretty quickly.
If they don't intend to expand why make an announcement? Seems inevitable.

I doubt they really care about speculation.

The alliance meeting made one thing clear, they want the Big 12 to continue to exist. I doubt they would say that and two days later start raiding the conference. My guess is the PAC 12 announces they are staying at 12 so the commissioner doesn't have to get asked about every Big 12 team every 10 minutes.

The alliance meeting made one thing clear, they want the Big 12 to continue to exist. I doubt they would say that and two days later start raiding the conference. My guess is the PAC 12 announces they are staying at 12 so the commissioner doesn't have to get asked about every Big 12 team every 10 minutes.
Why do they care about the Big 12 if they aren't even part of the alliance? I haven't read specifics, I plead ignorance. 😆

To make OU and UT pay their buyouts. Nobody is leaving before that happens, if they leave at all.
Seems kind of petty over a minuscule amount of money in the grand scheme of things. So basically they will revisit all this in 2 years? That seems like the opposite of proactive.

Seems kind of petty over a minuscule amount of money in the grand scheme of things. So basically they will revisit all this in 2 years? That seems like the opposite of proactive.

If the money was minuscule, UT and OU would have just paid it by now. Too many people have tunnel vision and don't see the long game. There's zero reason why expansion has to happen this week, if it needs to happen at all.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Yeah you are way off. We pull well over 100 million in revenue. No basketball school can touch that. UK pulls in the most at 56 mil. So we double any basketball program in revenue
in 2018-2019 you guys pulled in 151.9 mil total UK pulled in 150.4 mil Total athletics revenue we're right there with you...

in 2018-2019 you guys pulled in 151.9 mil total UK pulled in 150.4 mil Total athletics revenue we're right there with you...

Yes, but you are in the SEC and not Kansas. UK has good football fans. All the SEC schools do. That is why the conference is so valuable.

ADVERTISEMENT