ADVERTISEMENT

How empty will Phillips Arena be for Regional Final?

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
I cannot imagine Loyola and KSU fans filling the place half full--------Much less to capacity.

Kinda like MSG last year when Duke and Villanova didn't make it. Loyola is certainly a national story (excuse me Sister Jean) an international story and I'm sure they've picked up some fans.

Reactions: Wojoman
Atlanta is a big time college sports city with an arena in the heart of the downtown area, I suspect the locals will gobble up the cheap tickets and make the stands look good on tv.

I don't think either KSU or Loyola really care how packed or not packed Phillips Arena will be in the regional final. KSU and Loyola are moving on for a chance to play in the Final Four next weekend.

Kansas state travels well for football. I would think folks would go see them play for a F4 appt

When they have 4 weeks to plan ahead, yes. One day? Doubtful.

Especially if you are the type who will pony up to fly around to see your team, there is a good chance a much better travel opportunity is about to arise for them to the Final Four. Much better to wait it out and book the Final Four trip Sunday morning, assuming all KSU fans arent rivals millionaires that can fly their private jets around at the drop of a hat.

it will look like the AT&T stadium did after Michigan beat KU in 2014. Pockets of fans here and there, but for the most part empty. I was at the game and it was at least 75% ku fans. After we lost, couldn't give my tickets away. Actually ended giving them to a friend of mine to give to someone in their church.

assuming all KSU fans arent rivals millionaires that can fly their private jets around at the drop of a hat.
A few of them own crop dusters, but those aren’t so great at people-moving.

I’m sure the eastbound Greyhounds are full of grape, though.

Kinda like MSG last year when Duke and Villanova didn't make it. Loyola is certainly a national story (excuse me Sister Jean) an international story and I'm sure they've picked up some fans.

MSG tickets were over $100 for nosebleeds, so, no. I would have saved a lot of money if that were true.

God Travels.

Who knew?
He traveled the world for years.

0861c626-0bf4-4a30-babd-c9da1cda51b0

March Madness coming to Atlanta with Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight
Be on the Road to the Final Four® with your family and friends at the 2018 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship South Regional, March 22 & 24, 2018, at Philips Arena, hosted by Georgia Tech.

I think that's where the confusion is. On the camera side of the court, it said,"Welcome to Philips Arena. Hosted by GT.

March Madness coming to Atlanta with Sweet Sixteen and Elite Eight
Be on the Road to the Final Four® with your family and friends at the 2018 NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Championship South Regional, March 22 & 24, 2018, at Philips Arena, hosted by Georgia Tech.

I think that's where the confusion is. On the camera side of the court, it said,"Welcome to Philips Arena. Hosted by GT.
Yep. Usually a said school is allocated as the host, even if not being played on their actual campus.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT