ADVERTISEMENT

High stepping ref from TTU vs MSU game

Who the heck was that guy? Is that a bit? Does he do that every game he works? Looked like he was running through tires.
I don't know his name; however, that first time down the court I thought he was a dancer instead of a ref.

Any way, congratulations on your teams move to the championship game.

I don't know his name; however, that first time down the court I thought he was a dancer instead of a ref.

Any way, congratulations on your teams move to the championship game.

Thank you.

I thought it was a joke at first or maybe he was just excited to be officiating the game. But that apparently is just how he runs. Looked like John Cleese from Monty Python doing crazy leg stuff.

Who the heck was that guy? Is that a bit? Does he do that every game he works? Looked like he was running through tires.
Does it all the time...I've told my wife----"Looks like he was avoiding trip wires".Laughing

Edit: Name is Jeff Anderson. He's a good dude. He was a clinician at a camp I attended a few years back. As far as I know, he has always done this. He was demo drills for us at camp, and dudes---I had to turn my head. I thought for sure I was getting kicked out on day one.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Does it all the time...I've told my wife----"Looks like he was avoiding trip wires".Laughing

Edit: Name is Jeff Anderson. He's a good dude. He was a clinician at a camp I attended a few years back. As far as I know, he has always done this. He was demo drills for us at camp, and dudes---I had to turn my head. I thought for sure I was getting kicked out on day one.

You watch games to watch officials don’t you?

You watch games to watch officials don’t you?
Actually, I do. Its how I still learn. When I go to baseball games, I watch the umpires. I worked D1 basketball for 6 years. Had some health issues, etc, etc...So I stepped away. Trying to get back to that level. Currently work NAIA, D2 and 3, with some D1 OOC games sprinkled in. I also work college baseball. So as I said, when I go to a Bats or a Reds game, i watch the umpires. I go to a camp in May, at WVU, headed by a good friend. Just trying to get better.

Reactions: RedR8der4Life
Coach always said, “get those knees up!”. Apparently Jeff Anderson listened.....well

ADVERTISEMENT