ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Jayhawks, come get some

Last year UNC was the first team in NCAA Tournament History to receive a 2-seed with double-digit losses. Saint Mary's won 27+ regular season games in each of the last 3 years and only once did they receive a bid (2017). I think teams are starting to get the memo. Losses don't really matter. Strength of Schedule will neutralize losses and build up your resume accordingly. Kentucky is wise to schedule the juggernauts. They could probably get a 1 seed with 7-8 losses.

So why is it at Lexington again? Has it not been there for like 2 years in a row now when it’s been in the SEC/B12 challenge?

Last year UNC was the first team in NCAA Tournament History to receive a 2-seed with double-digit losses. Saint Mary's won 27+ regular season games in each of the last 3 years and only once did they receive a bid (2017). I think teams are starting to get the memo. Losses don't really matter. Strength of Schedule will neutralize losses and build up your resume accordingly. Kentucky is wise to schedule the juggernauts. They could probably get a 1 seed with 7-8 losses.
I agree with most of this. I think the fact that we play in the SEC hurts us, even though it shouldn't at this point. We have to win some of these big time games, though.

Going to be a battle. Just imagine the pissing contest that'll take place on this board!

Kansas plays: Villanova, Kentucky and Michigan State.

Possibly Tennessee is the NIT championship game too. Tennessee should be too 10

Reactions: KisteK
Im pretty sure the game isn't in lexington----I think its in Louisville......which is terrible. Much rather play in Rupp----true away. Never mind...i read the tweet wrong. Good news for all.

I agree with most of this. I think the fact that we play in the SEC hurts us, even though it shouldn't at this point. We have to win some of these big time games, though.

SEC is definitely trending upwards, IMO. Tennessee and Auburn could both easily be top 10 teams. I think Miss State and LSU will both ranked somewhere in the top 25, too. Arkansas and Florida should be solid. But yes, it's certainly important to win a few of those big-time OOC matchups. You can't go O-for on those games. Naturally, I assume if you schedule a lot of competitive games you're bound to win a few of them.

It was in Lexington for Kansas in 2017 and then we went to WVU for the challenge last season.

Yeah but I meant just playing Kansas in the challnge this makes it twice in a row in Lexington. They should’ve done a WVU return game or something to make it a little more fair.

UK is getting almost everyone back right? The only three might be JV/PJ/Gabriel? UK's bigs, for as heralded as they were.....were pretty mediocre last season. I'd expect them to make a major jump. I think Gabriel and Richards will give you exactly what you saw this season----But PJ and Washington could really have a coming out party.

UK is getting almost everyone back right? The only three might be JV/PJ/Gabriel? UK's bigs, for as heralded as they were.....were pretty mediocre last season. I'd expect them to make a major jump. I think Gabriel and Richards will give you exactly what you saw this season----But PJ and Washington could really have a coming out party.

as of right now we have lost our two best players and Diallo and could lose 3 more
if all 6 stay in the draft we are returning very little
i do look for 1 or 2 of the undecided 3 to come back

i really like the guards we have coming in and E.J. Montgomery , plus add in Baker who was hurt all year

as of right now we have lost our two best players and could lose 3 more
if all 5 stay in the draft we are returning very little
i do look for 1 or 2 of the undecided 3 to come back

i really like the guards we have coming in and E.J. Montgomery , plus add in Baker who was hurt all year
Is baker a small dude? I honestly think UK will get 2 back for sure and it will make a big difference having returning talent. I also think its huge QG came back after all the transfer rumors. He had great numbers as a true freshmen.

Is baker a small dude? I honestly think UK will get 2 back for sure and it will make a big difference having returning talent. I also think its huge QG came back after all the transfer rumors. He had great numbers as a true freshmen.

i forgot Diallo and edited my post

Baker is a 4 star shooting guard that from all reports is a great 3 point shooter (think Bookerish)
he had knee surgery last year and never played a game (at least i do not remember him ever getting in a game)
he will be a redshirt freshman

if none of them return our front court will be extremely thin with the transfer of SKJ
a lot of insiders are saying that Cal has a good backup plan for our front court if 0-1 returns
some are saying Reid Travis out of Stanford, i have no clue about any of it

i forgot Diallo and edited my post

Baker is a 4 star shooting guard that from all reports is a great 3 point shooter (think Bookerish)
he had knee surgery last year and never played a game (at least i do not remember him ever getting in a game)
he will be a redshirt freshman

if none of them return our front court will be extremely thin with the transfer of SKJ
a lot of insiders are saying that Cal has a good backup plan for our front court if 0-1 returns
some are saying Reid Travis out of Stanford, i have no clue about any of it
GD Reid Travis!!!! He is player. We have some question marks as well. We lose a ton, but we still have a rock solid roster. I have no idea what Kansas is supposed to do with Silvio. We have always sat players when info has come out that needs investigating----so I don't know if he plays or sits. Even though the FBI probe indicates Kansas had no knowledge or participation in the illegal benefits, I don't know how they will handle the alleged Silvio issue. I'm sure we will go with the NCAA recommendations. Having Silvio, Udoka, McCormick, Lightfoot, and Lawson in the front court would be huge.

GD Reid Travis!!!! He is player. We have some question marks as well. We lose a ton, but we still have a rock solid roster. I have no idea what Kansas is supposed to do with Silvio. We have always sat players when info has come out that needs investigating----so I don't know if he plays or sits. Even though the FBI probe indicates Kansas had no knowledge or participation in the illegal benefits, I don't know how they will handle the alleged Silvio issue. I'm sure we will go with the NCAA recommendations. Having Silvio, Udoka, McCormick, Lightfoot, and Lawson in the front court would be huge.

Silvio may be drawing SSI by the time the NCAA responds
as it stands right now KU would dominate us on the inside
i would give UK the edge in guard play especially if Hagans reclassifies as expected

if i were to make a way to early guess as to our starting lineup with what we know we have
PG - Hagans
SG - QG/EQ
SF - KJ
PF - EJM
C - NR

Silvio may be drawing SSI by the time the NCAA responds
as it stands right now KU would dominate us on the inside
i would give UK the edge in guard play especially if Hagans reclassifies as expected

if i were to make a way to early guess as to our starting lineup with what we know we have
PG - Hagans
SG - QG/EQ
SF - KJ
PF - EJM
C - NR

They'll be pretty even teams. Both will have talented but fairly inexperienced backcourt. UK advantage on paper but really with the backcourt since they are mostly freshmen being relies on it's a wait and see. In the frontcourt it should be be advantage KU with Dedric and Udoka.

True statement. I think Kansas is like 6-0 against those three recently.

Too bad nova is owning Kansas.

Normally you're right, I think this year will be different.

Last year was better too. Won the big12 challenge for the first time I think. Scored a couple of key OOC wins early on(LSU over Michigan, A&M over West Virginia). Not as many ugly OOC losses as usual either. That last one was huge. Seems every year we have teams losing to directional U OOC and that didn't happen last year.

Auburn and Tennessee should both be preseason top 10 or close to it.

ADVERTISEMENT