ADVERTISEMENT

Great Article on Duke and Coach K

Uh, RJ and Zion will be NBA All-Stars. Zion was one of the most impactful players in college ever. Reddish is good. Duke had far and away more talent than any other team. This was maybe the most hyped and heralded freshman class ever. How are you not understanding my point? Not only did Duke fizzle out early, they weren't anywhere close to the elite team they were supposed to be.
Amazing the superlatives opposing fans use to make themselves feel better. If you watched Duke this year you know your statements are bull shit.

Pre season and recruit g rankings mean nothing.

How many years though? Who was the last one that we can compare to

2010 UK probably in terms of talent. Though neither Wall or Cousins were as good as Zion. 2015 UK was a real choke too but that was in the final four.

The only thing you’re strong at is being a idiot. UNC is always on your mind but you can’t help it, you are consumed with us and you think it’s cute. Laughing
Says the guy who has been on every Duke thread on this board since Sunday. You can make up hypocrites like this loser.

You guys were a one seed. Stop it. Even if you shouldn't have been one to say everything had to happen just right to get there is foolish. And yes Duke not making the final four is the biggest choke job in years. Kentucky not making it after getting Auburn without their best player was a bad look too.

I pretty much think that everything has to happen just right in every season. This was nothing different.

I was actually expecting to lose to UK though, not AU

2010 UK probably in terms of talent. Though neither Wall or Cousins were as good as Zion. 2015 UK was a real choke too but that was in the final four.
I just think that the choke job comment isn't fair. Though it also isn't completely outrageous. It keeps getting repeated and ignored. Duke had to rely on two guys going off each game. RJ had 26 games at 20+, Zion hat 23 games of 20+. Only 3 other Duke guys had 20+ in a game outside of those two. Cam with 8, O'Connell with 1, and Tre with the explosion of offense against VT with 1. Their role players were horrible minus Jack White early and Javin DeLaurier late. And O'Connell in two games against Syracuse.

This is all hindsight of course, but I think it would be more fair to say that Duke was overhyped than to say they choked. But it is what it is, whatever you want to call it, they're gone with only an ACCT championship to show for it. But, hey, that's more than they had to celebrate last year.

Says the guy who has been on every Duke thread on this board since Sunday. You can make up hypocrites like this loser.

Says the fool with drama handle. You stalk every UNC thread but you call us hypocrites. You are really stuck on stupid. Maybe your next handle will be I hate UNC, what a loser. RollLaugh

Says the fool with drama handle. You stalk every UNC thread but you call us hypocrites. You are really stuck on stupid. Maybe your next handle will be I hate UNC, what a loser. RollLaugh
Another mention of my username. Love it. Reminder.

You just reminded everyone how childish you are. Rent free all day every day Filly.
How many UNC threads on here? How many folks commenting on UNC?

Out of sight, out of mind.

7 threads on THR after Duke lost.

So who is rent free where ?

2010 Kentucky and 2019 Duke are extremely similar, but 2010 Kentucky was actually better. 2010 Kentucky had future NBA Allstars in Wall and Cousin, NBA starter Patrick Patterson, borderline NBA all star Eric Bledsoe. Had shooter with Darnell Dodson. Had future NBA player Josh Harrelson. Future NBA player Darius Miller. Daniel Orton was also drafted, though a bust.

That team fell for same reason as 2019 Duke in the end. Poor 3 point shooting and inexperienced freshman.

Choking aside, goes to show you how tough it is to win a title, even with a hall of fame coach and loaded roster.

I think there's a seed in my bowl. Wait, did I think this outloud? OK. UNC fans are making fun of Duke for going farther in the tournament. Last year they made fun of Duke for them going farther in the tournament.

Am I stoned? I'd rather be pelted

I think there's a seed in my bowl. Wait, did I think this outloud? OK. UNC fans are making fun of Duke for going farther in the tournament. Last year they made fun of Duke for them going farther in the tournament.

You just can’t explain stupidity. That’s what they get for never attending classes.

2016 and 2017 really got them pumped up. Which is understandable. We all would be. But it set the stage for their argument. Look what Roy has done with less talent and Duke can't win with "all that talent". Which again, I get.

They could have been with a legit 2, one or two scorers off the bench and a PG that demanded respect from defenses.

But the point was, listening to people who have an agenda and financial motivations to draw your attention for tv ratings and clicks on their websites is not the best way to get information.
So Duke was not a great team this year, in your opinion?

2016 and 2017 really got them pumped up. Which is understandable. We all would be. But it set the stage for their argument. Look what Roy has done with less talent and Duke can't win with "all that talent". Which again, I get.
If I understand you correctly, and I think I do, what you're saying is this year Roy fielded a lesser talented team (recruiting), coached them up the best he could(developing), and lost in an early round(coaching)?

Did I understand that correctly?

If I understand you correctly, and I think I do, what you're saying is this year Roy fielded a lesser talented team (recruiting), coached them up the best he could(developing), and lost in an early round(coaching)?

I don’t consider recruiting rankings one bit.

I was speaking more about the 2016 and 2017 seasons. Particularly the 2017 season where the hype machine had Duke the preseason favorites but in the end, unc won the title.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It’s just that pretty much all the Dukies have screamed this was an elite team throughout the year and continue to do so. You and @bignish seem to be outliers.

I have to ask. Do you know most "Dukies"? Are basing this off your small window of the outside world?

Hyperbole is great for banter.

Also, it's crazy "pretty much all the Dukies have" rooted for their team this year. Just nuts.

I have recently read, paraphrasing "we'll we didn't expect much, so we're not as disappointed as you must be".

What a ***.

I have to ask. Do you know most "Dukies"? Are basing this off your small window of the outside world?

Who uses the word “elite”. That sounds more like a media word than a fan word.

I think Duke was a great team that finished a very good team. Historically, though? No.

Thanks for answering.

Also, it's crazy "pretty much all the Dukies have" rooted for their team this year. Just nuts.
Do I know most Dukies? No. Are you simple? Yes. We have heard all year long from pretty much everyone that Duke was far and away the best team. That healthy, no one could beat them. So far, we have 2 Dukies ITT admitting that maybe they were overrated.

It begs the question, is that more on K or more on the players?

Thanks for answering.

Do I know most Dukies? No. Are you simple? Yes. We have heard all year long from pretty much everyone that Duke was far and away the best team. That healthy, no one could beat them. So far, we have 2 Dukies ITT admitting that maybe they were overrated.

It begs the question, is that more on K or more on the players?

My bad. I owe you an apology. My bad.I am simple.

I thought you were one of those that felt victimized by the media and constant exposure of a team you didn't like and you were voicing your frustrations here.

I just think that the choke job comment isn't fair. Though it also isn't completely outrageous. It keeps getting repeated and ignored. Duke had to rely on two guys going off each game. RJ had 26 games at 20+, Zion hat 23 games of 20+. Only 3 other Duke guys had 20+ in a game outside of those two. Cam with 8, O'Connell with 1, and Tre with the explosion of offense against VT with 1. Their role players were horrible minus Jack White early and Javin DeLaurier late. And O'Connell in two games against Syracuse.

This is all hindsight of course, but I think it would be more fair to say that Duke was overhyped than to say they choked. But it is what it is, whatever you want to call it, they're gone with only an ACCT championship to show for it. But, hey, that's more than they had to celebrate last year.
Duke had probably the best recruiting class in history. Duke started off the year by clobbering Kentucky and got worse by the end of the year. Kentucky started off bad and improved over the year. Duke should have won the title with no problem. Seemed to be some dissension on the team.

Duke had probably the best recruiting class in history. Duke started off the year by clobbering Kentucky and got worse by the end of the year. Kentucky started off bad and improved over the year. Duke should have won the title with no problem. Seemed to be some dissension on the team.
No enough balls to go around.

Reactions: kl40504
How many UNC threads on here? How many folks commenting on UNC?

Out of sight, out of mind.

7 threads on THR after Duke lost.

So who is rent free where ?

You jealous of the UNC fans commenting in Duke related threads? If so you got major issues Filly Phil. RollLaugh

Once again. Preseason rankings and Recrutiing rankings mean nothing. You have to play the games. They are 18 year old kids.

ADVERTISEMENT