ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga vs Iowa, Dec. 19th in Sioux Falls

EvilMonkeyInTheCloset

Feb 25, 2008
Your closet, most likely......
Current #1 vs an Iowa team that will more than likely be #3 in the next Top 25 poll.

I know it's still plenty early, and Iowa has a few challenging contests ahead of them, but it is also possible this could end up being a #1 vs #2 matchup on the 19th.

Any early thoughts on this matchup? Does Iowa even have a chance? Will the over/under exceed 200?

Is Iowa better than KU?
giphy.gif

IF (Big IF) Gonzaga is still ranked #1 by the time that game comes, then I'd be confident that the Zags will win. Because that would mean that GU has beaten Kansas, West Virginia, and Baylor. If they can get by them without a loss, then I will expect them to beat Iowa.

Current #1 vs an Iowa team that will more than likely be #3 in the next Top 25 poll.

I know it's still plenty early, and Iowa has a few challenging contests ahead of them, but it is also possible this could end up being a #1 vs #2 matchup on the 19th.

Any early thoughts on this matchup? Does Iowa even have a chance? Will the over/under exceed 200?
I'm jelly about y'all's match up with the Zags. Not only did we lose the chance to play them, we haven't even played anyone yet.

Good luck in your game Monkey, you'll need it.

God I hate WVU games. But I know its necessary experience for GU. Teams should pack the paint and slow the tempo. GU really can't shoot besides Kispert and occasionally Suggs.

Well, a win is a win. This is why putting a WVU on your schedule is a good thing. Just glad Suggs was able to come back.

They will foul on every single play

Even with all the Gonzaga love the announcers were giving, they even admitted the refs missed 4 blatant fouls on the Zags. They were mugging Culver. I hate losing with so many players in foul trouble but Gonzaga was the better team tonight..barely. But don't act like they weren't fouling on nearly every play as well.

Reactions: hawkit3113
Even with all the Gonzaga love the announcers were giving, they even admitted the refs missed 4 blatant fouls on the Zags. They were mugging Culver. I hate losing with so many players in foul trouble but Gonzaga was the better team tonight..barely. But don't act like they weren't fouling on nearly every play as well.
Agreed, I think at times GU got a favorable whistle.

I am curious though, how do you enjoy being a fan of WVU basketball? I'd find it to be really annoying, watching their style of play year after year. I feel like I'd get an ulcer if every close game basically is decided by how the refs call the game.

Reactions: Big ol arms
Agreed, I think at times GU got a favorable whistle.

I am curious though, how do you enjoy being a fan of WVU basketball? I'd find it to be really annoying, watching their style of play year after year. I feel like I'd get an ulcer if every close game basically is decided by how the refs call the game.

It's tough especially when Big 12 refs are known as some of the worst. We have to change up how aggressive we are too depending on where we play. Home vs road

Top two offenses in the country. Crazy to think, but it's quite possible that both teams exceed 100 points in this contest. After suspending all basketball activities, Gonzaga intends to return on December 14th. So, it's possible they might be a little rusty, with only a few days of practice under the belt. Fortunately, they won't have to go against a superior defense to get their legs back.

Top two offenses in the country. Crazy to think, but it's quite possible that both teams exceed 100 points in this contest. After suspending all basketball activities, Gonzaga intends to return on December 14th. So, it's possible they might be a little rusty, with only a few days of practice under the belt. Fortunately, they won't have to go against a superior defense to get their legs back.
Honestly, the O/U could be over 200.....

Reactions: dukedevilz
ADVERTISEMENT