ADVERTISEMENT

Going to the g-league over college...

NBA rings are so much more important than NCAA rings, it really isn’t even quantifiable.
That’s complete bullshit. Why does bill Walton talk about his ncaa rings more than nba ones? Jordan always references his shot for North Carolina. Kareem always talks first about his time at UCLA. You are clueless here

Not even close. There's been some big shots over the last 5-10 years but I can imagine you can't name them without looking it up.
Steve Alford has landed coaching job after coaching job based on his college career. He was a nba bust. Keith smart can go around Indiana and speak wherever he wants. College sports matter dude. You guys just don’t get it

There is north if to learn in this thread. College sports matter. They are far more entertaining that any pro league. It’s why Oregon with all of its Nike Nike still can’t get over the top. Your fan de doesn’t care enough

That's your opinion. I also enjoy college sports but let's deal with the facts. NBA money dwarfs college basketball money. NFL money dwarfs college football money.

And you keep bringing up Oregon even though that's not what this conversation is about. It's just more proof you're upset that people don't agree with you and you are unable to make a convincing case to change our minds.

Sure college careers matter, but not more than what you do your professional career.

How much did the lack of college career hurt how famous Kobe and Lebron became? Not much at all. Now would they be anywhere near as famous if they had made one buzzer beater in March madness than being the best players in the world, no absolutely not.

Reactions: duckboy33
When you're telling a room full of people they're the idiots because they don't agree with you, maybe you're the idiot.

I had everyone telling me I was wrong the other day when I said UCLA will cover. Then they did.

There are numerous incidents of collegiate accomplishments making professional careers for people.
Then why did you list a few instead of making such a vague statement. Unless your story ends in so and so getting drafted I’m not sure of the angle.

He went the same place his brother did in the draft who played in college. Pretty much a wash either way for them

Yea but Uve been arguing how college is so much better, so how can this be a wash? Thought college was always better???

Then why did you list a few instead of making such a vague statement. Unless your story ends in so and so getting drafted I’m not sure of the angle.
I have listed like 5 in This thread already. Steve Alford for 1.

Yea but Uve been arguing how college is so much better, so how can this be a wash? Thought college was always better???
College is better just as a personal preference. I haven’t watched an nba finals game in 20 years. Just not entertaining like March madness is

Sure college careers matter, but not more than what you do your professional career.

How much did the lack of college career hurt how famous Kobe and Lebron became? Not much at all. Now would they be anywhere near as famous if they had made one buzzer beater in March madness than being the best players in the world, no absolutely not.

Kobe nor lebron went to the g league. Bad comparison

College is better just as a personal preference. I haven’t watched an nba finals game in 20 years. Just not entertaining like March madness is
No the argument was glague vs OaD not college vs nba. But whatever I sense you know you’ve lost this argument.

They didn’t go to college eitherZ. You were the one comparing college accoladedes as just as prestigious as professional ones.

There was no g league.

no I compared being in the g league to college basketball. That’s it

No actually you compared suggs shot being worth more than anything green could do in the rest of his career.

But whatever, this argument has gotten super stale when everyone’s piling on the same thing.

No actually you compared suggs shot being worth more than anything green could do in the rest of his career.

But whatever, this argument has gotten super stale when everyone’s piling on the same thing.

It’s worth more than anything green or anyone could ever do in the g league

college basketball > g league

Except green has 500k and Suggs presumably has a meal card.

Helluva highlight though.

Except green has 500k and Suggs presumably has a meal card.

Helluva highlight though.

This thread really feels like the OP is just raging because Jalen Green chose the G-Leauge over Auburn.

It's time to get over that. Some of the top recruits are going to continue to choose the G-League moving forward. There are pros and cons to both options.

This thread really feels like the OP is just raging because Jalen Green chose the G-Leauge over Auburn.

It's time to get over that. Some of the top recruits are going to continue to choose the G-League moving forward. There are pros and cons to both options.

my issue with the g-league types is the stringing the colleges along for months angle. So yes I am bitter about Jalen

my issue with the g-league types is the stringing the colleges along for months angle. So yes I am bitter about Jalen

I'm glad we got to the real substance behind your original post. However, the G-League has no obligation to the colleges and neither do any players who are getting recruited.

A lot of teams got word Jalen Green was leaning pro for a while, that's why most of the top programs stopped recruiting him. Bruce went all-in and didn't work out this time. I'm not saying it was a mistake by Bruce because Green would have been a nice haul if he was able to land him.

Ultimately Jalen Green made the decision that was best for him and it's worked out pretty well. He got an extra 500K while his peers were playing for a free and he's going to be a lottery pick very soon.

Even with the G League, NBA Scouts don’t know how to compare players that don’t play college ball. Never forget that Marvin Bagley was drafted over Luca Doncic.
If Lamelo Ball played college, he would have been picked #1 overall.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
My point is that Jalen Suggs doesn’t even have to do a thing now in the nba to get himself paid. He could be a complete bust and is set now for life. This isn’t about draft stock
He is not set for life due to one shot. It is his talent. Haven’t heard of Green because no one watches the G league. He and Kuminga are top 5-10 picks, so they will get paid as well.

Numerous times. You don’t know what you are talking about. Go to any SEC college town and you would maybe understand former star players value to those town. Liberal shit holes like Eugene just don’t get it
Dude. You are a tool and have no idea of what you speak.

He is not set for life due to one shot. It is his talent. Haven’t heard of Green because no one watches the G league. He and Kuminga are top 5-10 picks, so they will get paid as well.
Ya, but they were also both rated way higher than Suggs coming out of high school. Now Suggs is going to be drafted before them.

Reactions: AuHoosier420
Ya, but they were also both rated way higher than Suggs coming out of high school. Now Suggs is going to be drafted before them.
That’s my other point here. College basketball gives a far better opportunity to up your stock than the g league ever can

And plenty of players who went to college will be getting drafted much lower than they were projected before the season. It’s a crap shoot. The best decision for one player might not be the best for another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT