ADVERTISEMENT

Going to the g-league over college...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
For 500k. Is it really worth it? Jalen Suggs shot last night will be worth more to him than 500 k regardless if he ever does a thing in the nba. Can anyone name a thing Jalen Green has done in the g-league this year? You may not have a salary per-say in college basketball but playing and performing at a high level in March madness is far more lucrative than anything that could ever be achieved in the g-league playing in front of no fans or any tv audience. That’s my rant for today. College sports matter

Jalen Green got his money and will still be a top 10 pick, kind of a weird argument. Just because you haven’t heard of him doesn’t mean his draft stock is tanking. NBA scouts spend just as much time watching G-League hoops as they do college basketball

To be honest, the OAD guys should just go to the G-League and leave college basketball for those that are interested in college

Jalen Green got his money and will still be a top 10 pick, kind of a weird argument. Just because you haven’t heard of him doesn’t mean his draft stock is tanking. NBA scouts spend just as much time watching G-League hoops as they do college basketball

To be honest, the OAD guys should just go to the G-League and leave college basketball for those that are interested in college
My point is that Jalen Suggs doesn’t even have to do a thing now in the nba to get himself paid. He could be a complete bust and is set now for life. This isn’t about draft stock

Reactions: RichardMassive
The difference, in my mind, comes down to whether you'd like the fame that comes with college basketball or the six-figure salary.

I'm never going to bash someone for taking the money. Especially if they don't plan on trying to get a degree while playing college basketball.

Green will also be set for life even if he's a bust in the NBA. I don't understand your point.
The point is where the Suggs doesn’t even have to play basketball anymore. That moment alone he had last night is far more worth a 500k salary in the g league

My point is that Jalen Suggs doesn’t even have to do a thing now in the nba to get himself paid. He could be a complete bust and is set now for life. This isn’t about draft stock

I think you are over valuing that shot. U think Kris Jenkins is worth 8 figures bc of his buzzer beater for nova, and that that shot makes him “set for life”.

And it did work out great for Suggs, but what about kids like Boston or Love or Johnson, who weren’t as fortunate this season. That 500k would be looking pretty nice for them right about now

The point is where the Suggs doesn’t even have to play basketball anymore. That moment alone he had last night is far more worth a 500k salary in the g league

That's your opinion. If you think that glory was worth more than 500K, that's fine but I don't necessarily agree. Suggs isn't set for life until he gets that NBA contract. Same situation that Green is in but Green has an extra 500K in his bank account.

Reactions: Villian07
But for every Suggs is about 15-20 who won't get to that point and would be better off in the g league.

I think you are over valuing that shot. U think Kris Jenkins is worth 8 figures bc of his buzzer beater for nova, and that that shot makes him “set for life”.

And it did work out great for Suggs, but what about kids like Boston or Love who weren’t as fortunate this season. That 500k would be looking pretty nice for them.
You think Kris Jenkins pays for a thing in philly? You think Suggs will ever have to pay for a thing in Spokane? Christian laettner is worth quite a few million bases of his college career. College sports matter dude.

Players draft stock can go up and down regardless of whether they choose the G-League or College. There are pros and cons to both options

Reactions: 829305
You think Kris Jenkins pays for a thing in philly? You think Suggs will ever have to pay for a thing in Spokane? Christian laettner is worth quite a few million bases of his college career. College sports matter dude.

If Jalen Suggs spends the rest of his life in Spokane, something has gone terribly wrong

That's your opinion. If you think that glory was worth more than 500K, that's fine but I don't necessarily agree. Suggs isn't set for life until he gets that NBA contract. Same situation that Green is in but Green has an extra 500K in his bank account.
He is set for life dude. He can pick his source of income for the rest of his life in Spokane and love more than comfortably. You are clueless if you think otherwise.

Philly is a pro town, I’m sure there’s plenty of people in philly who don’t even know who kris Jenkins is.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
If Jalen Suggs spends the rest of his life in Spokane, something has gone terribly wrong
I have never seen someone miss the point more than you. You just don’t get it. Oregon Fan though. Not like have you seen a collegiate championship in football or basketball to understand the magnitude

He is set for life dude. He can pick his source of income for the rest of his life in Spokane and love more than comfortably. You are clueless if you think otherwise.

You're overvaluing this shot. It was a great moment and he will be forever remembered in Gonzaga basketball history because of it. However, you're wrong if you think someone's going to pay him 8 figures in Spokane because he made that shot.

Or he can go to the nba and make way more, if he would have made that shot or not.

I have never seen someone miss the point more than you. You just don’t get it. Oregon Fan though. Not like have you seen a collegiate championship in football or basketball to understand the magnitude

You're still failing to make your point and are deflecting to Oregon because your argument is flawed. Gonzaga still hasn't won a national championship yet either.

Reactions: 829305 and sgrooms
You're still failing to make your point and are deflecting to Oregon because your argument is flawed. Gonzaga still hasn't won a national championship yet either.

I made my point. Jalen green has to have basketball for his life to work out now. Jalen Suggs does not.

Yeah and now you are just making up things.

What am I making up? When's the last time you've been to Philadelphia? Villanova is a niche private school with a small following. If he walked in a bar in Philly, there's a good chance nobody recognizes him unless it's a Villanova bar.

You know you're failing to make your argument when you're bringing up football games from 11 years ago that have nothing to do with the discussion.

That’s one guy.

Every guy who went to the G league got paid. All of them. Jalen Suggs made a ton of money off that shot, yes. But what about Jalen Johnson? Jaden Springer? Caleb Love? DayRon Sharpe? BJ Boston?

The comparison isn’t the average G league guy to the one guy who made one of the most memorable shots in college basketball history. It’s the average G League freshman compared to the average top 30 freshman in college.

And jalen green will make 10x more money than jalen Suggs if suggs decides to hang it up and live off the glory that was his half court shot.
Suggs will end up with more and has something to go back to after the playing days are over. There is a reason SEC fans get college sports more. This thread just proved it

Philly is a pro sports town. Notice how there’s no big college football team in philly,?? That’s a staple of a city being a pro sports town, no big conpetetong college football, like nyc, Boston, Chicago, atl, etc

Reactions: duckboy33
What am I making up? When's the last time you've been to Philadelphia? Villanova is a niche private school with a small following. If he walked in a bar in Philly, there's a good chance nobody recognizes him unless it's a Villanova bar.

You know you're failing to make your argument when you're bringing up football games from 11 years ago that have nothing to do with the discussion.
Numerous times. You don’t know what you are talking about. Go to any SEC college town and you would maybe understand former star players value to those town. Liberal shit holes like Eugene just don’t get it

Suggs will end up with more and has something to go back to after the playing days are over. There is a reason SEC fans get college sports more. This thread just proved it

If green wins a nba championship and Suggs does not, I’d bet you suggs would trade his half court shot and presumptive ncaa ring for it in a heart beat.

I like suggs a lot, but to act like he can mail his career in bc he made that shot is ******ed.

Numerous times. You don’t know what you are talking about. Go to any SEC college town and you would maybe understand former star players value to those town. Liberal shit holes like Eugene just don’t get it

Ok, you continue to resort to insults because you can't make your point. Try reading others perspectives and you may learn something

If green wins a nba championship and Suggs does not, I’d bet you suggs would trade his half court shot and presumptive ncaa ring for it in a heart beat.

I like suggs a lot, but to act like he can mail his career in bc he made that shot is ******ed.

Jalen green will be nothing more than a role player in the nba. Will be largely forgotten in about 15 years. Being a role player on a title team is nowhere near winning a ncaa title.

nova in Philly is not a SEC college town. Kris Jenkins might be as famous as the 6th man for the 76ers of the Flyers goalie. He’s certainly not walking around like a “god among men” in Philadelphia. Again I’d say most people in philly wouldn’t even recognize him.

Ok, you continue to resort to insults because you can't make your point. Try reading others perspectives and you may learn something
There is north if to learn in this thread. College sports matter. They are far more entertaining that any pro league. It’s why Oregon with all of its Nike Nike still can’t get over the top. Your fan de doesn’t care enough

I made my point. Jalen green has to have basketball for his life to work out now. Jalen Suggs does not.

Not even close. There's been some big shots over the last 5-10 years but I can imagine you can't name them without looking it up.

Jalen green will be nothing more than a role player in the nba. Will be largely forgotten in about 15 years. Being a role player on a title team is nowhere near winning a ncaa title.

NBA rings are so much more important than NCAA rings, it really isn’t even quantifiable.

ADVERTISEMENT