ADVERTISEMENT

Generally Hated More; UK, Duke or UNC?

...we know what happened in both those instances.
Just like we know what happened in 2018.

DUKE was good during the Bubas years, but K has made them the face of college basketball.

Whether you admit it or not doesn’t change that.

Just like we know what happened in 2018.

DUKE was good during the Bubas years, but K has made them the face of college basketball.

Whether you admit it or not doesn’t change that.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This

I think it is pretty clearly Duke. With the success and dirty antics and flopping around it has made them appealing to young kids who don't know any better and disliked by those who do.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I think it is pretty clearly Duke. With the success and dirty antics and flopping around it has made them appealing to young kids who don't know any better and disliked by those who do.
Man , just think what those young kids think of UNc after the last 7 years. Maybe why you have to rely on grad transfers.

And Hanztravel says hello on the flopping.

When I think of Duke, I never think “classless,” but damn if they haven’t had their share of scumbags over the years.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
WRONG

DUKE IS KING AND YOU WILL BOW DOWN LIKE YOUR COACH !

I just got an email complaint from one of my Kentucky buddy's.

"I received an e-mail this afternoon regarding basketball season ticket renewals. Looks like my two seats will cost $4,800 this year. The marquee featured game is UL. Every thing else out of conference is ordinary. UT, Florida and Auburn are the featured SEC match ups."​

I just wonder what Duke season tickets are. I bet that they are double the Kentucky price as Duke is such a big draw.

I just got an email complaint from one of my Kentucky buddy's.

"I received an e-mail this afternoon regarding basketball season ticket renewals. Looks like my two seats will cost $4,800 this year. The marquee featured game is UL. Every thing else out of conference is ordinary. UT, Florida and Auburn are the featured SEC match ups."​

I just wonder what Duke season tickets are. I bet that they are double the Kentucky price as Duke is such a big draw.
$4800 seems low. This link says $8000 and $7000 for Duke.

http://www.irondukes.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5100&ATCLID=205272077

Reactions: Quavarius
Well please let me know when that is a fact.

$2400 at UK should be a minimum of $4800 a seat at Duke based on the following that Duke pulls in. Hell go back and read all the attendance figures for Duke.

What is the going rate for Kansas this year?
I’m not sure. Probably lower than Duke and Kentucky but top 5 overall in price.

If we we're going by sheer numbers, more casual slappy fans probably hate duke than any other team because of their success and elitist feel of the program. They are also the most popular program in the country. Fans that are somewhat knowledgeable i feel tend to dislike uk more, due to their abundance of absolutely atrocious fans. And if it wasn't for unc's rampant cheating, i don't think they'd be particularly hateable.

Reactions: Quavarius
You can't get over the fact that all of Duke's games are not telecast. There is a reason.

I'm devastated, to be honest.

What decade are you even talking about? Clearly all of Duke's games are televised today. The Army, Stetson, Hartford, Yale, and Princeton games were all picked up by ESPN. Meanwhile, Kentucky had 6 consecutive games on the SEC Network.

Reactions: sgrooms
I'm devastated, to be honest.

What decade are you even talking about? Clearly all of Duke's games are televised today. The Army, Stetson, Hartford, Yale, and Princeton games were all picked up by ESPN. .
That is not true. Go back to the exhibition games last year. I could not see them unless I paid.

I can prove that I have the last several hundred UK games as I have them on video.

Sorry dukedevilz, you can't prove your statement.

I keep telling you, but you come up with shit like telling me some UK games were on the SEC network. "Meanwhile, Kentucky had 6 consecutive games on the SEC Network." Sorry, but there is not one place in the U.S. that you can't get the SEC Network.

Let us have a bet.

For a large sum of money I will produce all Kentucky games since the UK versus Missouri game in Maui.

Now, some Duke fan should come up with a bet beating mine and produce all Duke games for the same period of time.

I am waiting. Come on Duke guys. Produce the games!

Sorry, but no one will accept my bet. Eyeroll

That is not true. Go back to the exhibition games last year. I could not see them unless I paid.

I can prove that I have the last several hundred UK games as I have them on video.

Sorry dukedevilz, you can't prove your statement.

I keep telling you, but you come up with shit like telling me some UK games were on the SEC network. "Meanwhile, Kentucky had 6 consecutive games on the SEC Network." Sorry, but there is not one place in the U.S. that you can't get the SEC Network.

I get the DirecTV sports package (comes with ESPN Channels, Fox Sports, Big Ten Network), and the SEC Network doesn't come with it. Guess you have to pay an additional amount to get that... and exhibition games, really? Yes ESPN+ provided that, too. Seems like a small matter to quibble about, imo.

I get the DirecTV sports package (comes with ESPN Channels, Fox Sports, Big Ten Network), and the SEC Network doesn't come with it. Guess you have to pay an additional amount to get that... and exhibition games, really? Yes ESPN+ provided that, too. Seems like a small matter to quibble about, imo.
Oh, so all those years that I watched the SEC Network on DirecTV are an illusion while I was living in Texas and Florida? How in hell do I have BluRay copies of all those games? Please tell me.

But, anyway, I am a Kentucky fan and I will pay what is necessary. I am not a Duke fair weather fan.

Please tell me that you got last years Duke exhibition games without paying. Please tell me.

The correct answer is alabama.

Oh, so all those years that I watched the SEC Network on DirecTV are an illusion while I was living in Texas and Florida? How in hell do I have BluRay copies of all those games? Please tell me.

But, anyway, I am a Kentucky fan and I will pay what is necessary. I am not a Duke fair weather fan.

Please tell me that you got last years Duke exhibition games without paying. Please tell me.

lol, really? I never said that DirecTV didn't carry the SEC Network. It's channel 611. But what I do know is that the cheapest package doesn't carry ESPN or ESPN2. When I upgrade to receive those channels, I also receive FS1 and the Big Ten Network. But channel 611 still isn't available when I upgrade. So yeah, looks like there is a premium for the SEC Network. Perhaps it's done on a regional basis, Idk. I mean, Texas and Florida, the two states that you mentioned, both have a university that compete in the SEC. There aren't any SEC teams in North Carolina.

And even still, didn't you say that the Duke games weren't televised. Your argument isn't making much sense. 36 of the 38 Duke games were on either ESPN or CBS (the other two games were still covered by DirecTV, without paying any additional costs). The Duke-North Dakota State game was the most watched 1st round game of all time... North Freaking Dakota State. Yeah, doesn't really matter who Duke plays, people gonna be watching.

The media promotes Duke more than UNC or UK.

UK has been a power the longest and Duke the shortest time. The media makes Duke easy to dislike with their slobbering over them along with all the analyst being ex-Duke player.

Absolutely correct. They are truly treated with kid gloves.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
No. You did not see the exhibition games unless you used pay for view. Sorry.
To be honest, I think this is the silliest argument ever. Well, one of them at least.
Who cares, really. I really don't pay that much attention to the exhibition games anyway.

A dunk fest and a win by 40 is uninteresting.

lol, really? I never said that DirecTV didn't carry the SEC Network. It's channel 611. But what I do know is that the cheapest package doesn't carry ESPN or ESPN2. When I upgrade to receive those channels, I also receive FS1 and the Big Ten Network. But channel 611 still isn't available when I upgrade. So yeah, looks like there is a premium for the SEC Network. Perhaps it's done on a regional basis, Idk. I mean, Texas and Florida, the two states that you mentioned, both have a university that compete in the SEC. There aren't any SEC teams in North Carolina.

And even still, didn't you say that the Duke games weren't televised. Your argument isn't making much sense. 36 of the 38 Duke games were on either ESPN or CBS (the other two games were still covered by DirecTV, without paying any additional costs). The Duke-North Dakota State game was the most watched 1st round game of all time... North Freaking Dakota State. Yeah, doesn't really matter who Duke plays, people gonna be watching.
The SEC is in the cheapest package on cable.

On DirecTV it is the choice package. $45 a month. That is the third cheapest package.

DirecTV is a satellite so I did not know that they regionalized their packages. Your argument is getting week. Hell, DirecTV is nation wide. SEC Network is nation wide and is operated by ESPN.

The SEC is in the cheapest package on cable.

False. See your next statement.

On DirecTV it is the choice package. $45 a month. That is the third cheapest package.

Oh, so it's not the cheapest package? And never mind that you have to pay $110 a month after your first 12 months as a customer.

Your argument is lacking consistency. You also have to pay for the SEC Network. The difference in pricing for Entertainment package and Choice package is $17 a month after the first year. Hence, over the course of a year, you're paying an additional $204. Meanwhile, ESPN+ is $49.99 a year. So your net gain is $154 if you're a Duke fan.

Sorry, but there is not one place in the U.S. that you can't get the SEC Network.

Never said that.

So what is your argument anyway? Because I honestly have no clue. First, you say not all Duke game are televised. False. Then you seem to insinuate that all Kentucky games are without and additional cost. That was also false. At any rate, this is kind of a silly argument, wouldn't you agree? I mean, what are you trying to prove?

I don't get cable or satellite packages. I tried out YoutubeTV this past year and it included SEC Network. It didn't include ESPN+ (I'm curious to see if I can "watch like a fan"((youtubeTV slogan)) when ACC network launches this summer). If I understand Bert correctly, I think he's getting at the fact that all UK games have been available for years. I've lived in Memphis since 2006 and watched them all. Tampa and Columbus would have JP Sports and Raycom.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
So, because Kentucky exhibition games are on tv but Duke’s are not, that’s why they are generally hated more?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT