ADVERTISEMENT

Games to watch this week 2/10 - 2/14

Aberdale

Dec 29, 2019
With March Madness approaching, ill list out games that you should look out for as a casual fan of college basketball

Monday Channel Time PST
Florida State @ Duke ESPN 4:00 PM Battle for a 1/2 seed
#1 Baylor @ Texas ESPN 6:00 PM Baylor wants to stay a 1 seed, Texas needs this win badly to stay in contention for a bid
Texas Tech @ TCU ESPN2 6:00 PM Texas Tech is a solid 8/9 seed who wants to improve their seeding wile TCU is a dangerous NIT bound squad

Tuesday Channel Time PST
#22 Penn State @ Purdue BTN 3:00 PM A Purdue loss can put them back on the wrong side of the bubble
Mississippi State @ Ole Miss ESPNU 4:00 PM Mississippi State needs to a win to get on the right side of the bubble
Arkansas @ Tennessee SECN 4:00 PM Arkansas needs a win to stay a solid 8/9 seed
NC State @ Syracuse ESPN 2 4:00 PM Both teams on the wrong side of the bubble badly need to win this game
Rhode Island @ #6 Dayton CBSSN 4:30 PM Two Best teams in the A10 battle for the regular season title.
#16 Michigan State @ #20 Illinois ESPN 6:00 PM Both teams need a win to stay in contention for the Big Ten regular season title
Notre Dame @ Virginia ESPN 2 6:00 PM Virginia needs a win to stay on the right side of the bubble, Notre Dame needs to win just to get into the conversation

Wednesday Channel Time PST
#21 Creighton @ #12 Seton Hall FS1 3:30 PM Seton Hall looks to be running away with the Big Est, lets see if Creighton can cut their conference lead down to 2 games.
Xavier @ #19 Butler CBSSN 3:30 PM Big opportunity for Xavier as they are firmly on the bubble, Butler needs to win to stay in contention for the big east regular season title.
South Carolina @ Georgia SECN 3:30 PM South Carolina needs to get hot to get into the conversation
#3 Kansas @ #13 West Virginia ESPN+ 4:00 PM Kansas needs to win on the road or they will fall 2 games back of Baylor.
Rutgers @ Ohio State BTN 4:00 PM Two teams firmly in the field will battle it out
Marquette @ #10 Villinova FS1 5:30 PM Villinova attempts to stop the skid at home against a good Marquette sqaud solidly in the field

Michigan, Florida, and Oklahoma all play this day against subpar competition and all need to take care of business.

Thursday Channel Time PST
Memphis @ Cincinnati ESPN 4:00 PM Two bubble teams in the AAC battle it out
#24 Colorado @ #14 Oregon ESPN 6:00 PM Battle for the Pac 12 regular season title.
Arizona State @ Stanford ESPN 2 8:00 PM Two teams on the cusp of a bid need momentum

Auburn looking to avenge one of its only two loses against Alabama on Wednesday not listed? Alabama is also a potential bubble team

FSU/Duke is not a battle for a 1/2 seed. I do not think a loss knocks Duke off the 2 line, nor do I think a win carries FSU up to the 2 line.

FSU/Duke is not a battle for a 1/2 seed. I do not think a loss knocks Duke off the 2 line, nor do I think a win carries FSU up to the 2 line.

I don’t know about at the end of the year, but pairing a road win over Duke with road/neutral wins over UL, UF, and Purdue, combined with zero bad losses, absolutely bumps the Noles up to a 2 at the moment.

They were 10th on the S-curve Sunday before West Virginia (8th) lost to OU.

Reactions: ChiTownSean
I don’t know about at the end of the year, but pairing a road win over Duke with road/neutral wins over UL, UF, and Purdue, combined with zero bad losses, absolutely bumps the Noles up to a 2 at the moment.

They were 10th on the S-curve Sunday before West Virginia (8th) lost to OU.

I wouldn't consider UF and PU good wins. A win might bump you up to the 2 line, but Maryland's resume likely scoots them up before FSU. A win @ Duke doesn't mean much to the selection committee. Games at the beginning of the season mean much more. Trust me, I would know. Eyeroll

I wouldn't consider UF and PU good wins. A win might bump you up to the 2 line, but Maryland's resume likely scoots them up before FSU. A win @ Duke doesn't mean much to the selection committee. Games at the beginning of the season mean much more. Trust me, I would know. Eyeroll

The UF and Purdue wins are both Quad 1 wins. So I’d say they count as “good wins.”

I don't see how. Purdue is like 13-10......UF is on the decline..
FSU has the same seeding ceiling as Louisville and Duke. A win at Duke would give FSU a definite edge over both Duke and Louisville.

You can't just look at their record and assume they aren't quad 1.
Their SOS will explain the amount of losses and it also depends on where FSU played Purdue.

Reactions: GE Nole

Because both teams are top 50 in NET (I think Purdue is top 30-ish). And Quad 1 wins are 1-50 on a neutral site (Purdue) and 1-75 for true road games (UF).

FSU has the same seeding ceiling as Louisville and Duke. A win at Duke would give FSU a definite edge over both Duke and Louisville.

I don't think it would give the edge over us until the game in Tally is played. It should give them the edge over Duke, BUT Duke is "the best 2 seed" at the moment, even though that is a complete joke. So that is why I doubt that as well.

Reactions: rockycard
the Iowa @ Indiana game on Thursday is key for both teams
Iowa wins it puts them right on 4-5 seed line and will keep them within 2 games of 1st in the BT
Indiana needs this win to keep any hopes of a NCAAT bid.

ESPN will be playing the Auburn/Alabama game on ESPN2 and not the Kansas at West Virginia game. We gotta watch that on ESPN+.

Is the 6:00 CST Wednesday night game usually an SEC matchup? If it is that makes sense then.

Is the primetime ESPN channel on Wednesday nights NBA or something?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ESPN will be playing the Auburn/Alabama game on ESPN2 and not the Kansas at West Virginia game. We gotta watch that on ESPN+.

Is the 6:00 CST Wednesday night game usually an SEC matchup? If it is that makes sense then.

east coast bias

I have first hand knowledge most eastener's don't give a shit about west of the Mississippi river.They barely care about he south, @JohnHoosierr . Just a bunch of biased Yankee's.

*note, W. Virgina, gave up on their east coast biased by joining the Big 12.

Reactions: hawkit3113

SECSPN

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
east coast bias

I have first hand knowledge most eastener's don't give a shit about west of the Mississippi river.They barely care about he south, @JohnHoosierr . Just a bunch of biased Yankee's.
They eat the food that us in the Great Plains produce and they consume the oil/gas that we drill here in the MidContinent.

Never even a thank you. In fact, they think we're just dumb and offer nothing.

I don't think they realize they need us a whole lot more than we need them.

#TexIt

They eat the food that us in the Great Plains produce and they consume the oil/gas that we drill here in the MidContinent.

Never even a thank you. In fact, they think we're just dumb and offer nothing.

I don't think they realize they need us a whole lot more than we need them.

#TexIt
ehh, what are you going to do? Just learn to accept it. Oh and thanks.

Yes, it's always been fine. Nobody really cares. We only ever get mad when they make it more difficult to watch our sports. And that happens pretty often. Lol
When I first moved to Columbus Oh, it was right before March Madness. I was pissed when I realized they didn't show the UK game on CBS. instead had some bs regional game. This was before internet. I had to keep track of the UK score by the osd tracker. Too young to realize UK had a clear channel on radio that reached everywhere.

Seriously? They're putting the Bama/Auburn game on and not the KU/WVa game??? I'm an SEC guy, but give me the KU/WVa game 10 times out of 10 in that scenario. WTF. I'll read about the dam Bama game.

Seriously? They're putting the Bama/Auburn game on and not the KU/WVa game??? I'm an SEC guy, but give me the KU/WVa game 10 times out of 10 in that scenario. WTF. I'll read about the dam Bama game.
I pretty much only watch KU basketball these days so I'm not familiar with the typical tv schedules for other conferences when it comes to ESPN. If the Wednesday night 6:00 CDT slot is usually an SEC game then it makes sense. They're not gonna bump that for a more anticipated game because that spot is probably in the contract that the SEC and ESPN have.

Kansas signed some ESPN+ deal bc some dipshit thinks its the new "thing". Im all set up with it on my 86 inch screen but its a pain right in the rectum

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT