ADVERTISEMENT

G’Town vs. Duke

What was the bad call? I'm assume it wasn't the fake elbow where Carey flopped because that would have been reviewed. Just saw that on Twitter. Maybe a charge?

It's come to my attention that I should never be a coach. I just screamed at Delaurier for being a ****ing ******.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
It's come to my attention that I should never be a coach. I just screamed at Delaurier for being a ****ing ******.

You'd fit in well tbh. Or have a kid and scream at the umps/refs. Then you'd really fit in well.

Went into stall ball waaaay too early. Can't do that with a team that is lacking on offense.

Reactions: WojoRising
I’ll take it. Can’t really tell how good Georgetown is from that game, but could be dangerous

You'd fit in well tbh. Or have a kid and scream at the umps/refs. Then you'd really fit in well.
Meh, I've coached my 7 year old since he was 4 and it hasn't bothered me because they're little. I usually get into it with coaches/parents that lose their mind at 5 year olds. But once they hit like 11 I'm probably out.

I have no filter. Have to watch games at home in this PC culture... Lol.
I prefer watch games at home because I have a lot of friends that are UNC fans and if Duke is struggling or loses then I’d have to listen to them talk trash and that combined with me drinking I’d probably say something that I’d regret. I’m a laid back/easy going drinker but most UNC fans get way too obnoxious when it comes to trash talking and I prefer to trash talk with fans that can have fun with trash talking without getting obnoxious.

Reactions: tw3301
I prefer watch games at home because I have a lot of friends that are UNC fans and if Duke is struggling or loses then I’d have to listen to them talk trash and that combined with me drinking I’d probably say something that I’d regret. I’m a laid back/easy going drinker but most UNC fans get way too obnoxious when it comes to trash talking and I prefer to trash talk with fans that can have fun with trash talking without getting obnoxious.
Most of my friends are Kentucky fans or UNC fans, still watch Duke/UNC or Duke/Kentucky games with them. Even travel to those events with them, it's the regular season/NCAA tournament games that they have no part in that I choose to watch alone.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Georgetown has a lot of whiny players. Sure, there were bad calls that went against them. But it's not like the missed calls were one-sided (Ie: Wahab jumping over Stanley's back and knocking him in the head - and the offensive goal-tend). All in all, mostly an ugly game. Turnovers. Fouls. Oh well, a win's a win. I'll take it.

I can't recall his name, but the big light skinned dude for Gtown did look like the best player on the court.

It was smart by K to get him in early foul trouble.

So...is Duke a great defensive team or not? They seem to allow a high scoring rate when teams aren’t turning it over.

So...is Duke a great defensive team or not? They seem to allow a high scoring rate when teams aren’t turning it over.
It’s November. Who really knows? They’re more defensive centric than they’ve been of late, so they have to be solid defensively to be competitive. I don’t know about great, though. Georgetown turned it over 24 times and Duke’s defensive rating was 86.9 last night. If your observation is that Duke’s likely to allow more points when the opponent doesn’t turn it over, you’re scarily on-point, though.

Oddly enough, the two teams that scored the most points against them were the two teams that turned it over the most.

Their guards are pesky and skilled at applying pressure, but it seems that a high-level team that takes care of the ball could pile up some points. As opposed to a Virginia that can hold anyone under 60.

Their guards are pesky and skilled at applying pressure, but it seems that a high-level team that takes care of the ball could pile up some points. As opposed to a Virginia that can hold anyone under 60.
I just don't see where you're forming this opinion. Duke has played six games and has given up 70 one time. I am not saying that you are wrong, I just don't know how you are coming to this conclusion. And trust me, if Duke played Virginia's style they absolutely would be holding teams under 60. Not playing Virginia's style, they have held 50% of their opponents under 60.

I just don't see where you're forming this opinion. Duke has played six games and has given up 70 one time. I am not saying that you are wrong, I just don't know how you are coming to this conclusion. And trust me, if Duke played Virginia's style they absolutely would be holding teams under 60. Not playing Virginia's style, they have held 50% of their opponents under 60.

I would say that KU and Gtown are the only decent teams they've played, so those are the games I'm looking at. KU made 46% of its attempts and Georgetown 51%.

The turnover average between the two games was 26. Doesn't seem very sustainable.

UVA and Duke are 1 and 2 in defensive efficiency. That's pretty much all that needs to be said. Teams shoot better vs. Duke than they do vs. UVA. Duke has a better steal rate and non-steal TO rate. Both excellent defensive teams that get it done in different ways.

UVA and Duke are 1 and 2 in defensive efficiency. That's pretty much all that needs to be said. Teams shoot better vs. Duke than they do vs. UVA. Duke has a better steal rate and non-steal TO rate. Both excellent defensive teams that get it done in different ways.

Where’s MD if I may ask?

I would say that KU and Gtown are the only decent teams they've played, so those are the games I'm looking at. KU made 46% of its attempts and Georgetown 51%.

The turnover average between the two games was 26. Doesn't seem very sustainable.

Wonder why those decent teams Duke have played have turned it over more compared to the crappy teams? Are those decent teams really decent? And Duke played both decent teams away from Cameron. Both “decent” teams had season high in turnovers when playing Duke. Wonder why? If decent teams are going to turn it over this much, Duke is either going 40-0 or losing to a lot of crappy teams.

Wonder why those decent teams Duke have played have turned it over more compared to the crappy teams? Are those decent teams really decent? And Duke played both decent teams away from Cameron. Both “decent” teams had season high in turnovers when playing Duke. Wonder why? If decent teams are going to turn it over this much, Duke is either going 40-0 or losing to a lot of crappy teams.

Yeah....either that or that 26 turnover average vs quality opponents will go down considerably. I'll bet the latter. You want that bet?

I've never seen anyone get so butt hurt over a season opener loss.

Aside from the fact that it didn’t bother me much at all, this is a very dishonest statement. Unless you’ve forgotten what happened a year ago.

Yeah....either that or that 26 turnover average vs quality opponents will go down considerably. I'll bet the latter. You want that bet?

Who knows what the future will hold. You chose two “decent” teams that Duke has played and I pointed out those “decent” teams had season highs in turnovers. Or maybe Kansas and Georgetown aren’t “decent” or quality :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT