ADVERTISEMENT

Expectations Heading into Conference Play

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on the metrics. I just had my 17th year anniversary on Rivals the 12th, Dec. I was going to UT then and my brother set me up so I could tell my dad what was going on.

Good stuff. I’m guessing you were a little pistol in college lol.

I was a good student, probably just sillier then I am now.

I figured you were a good student, but I guess I just meant not taking crap from guys and giving it right back when they gave it to you.

I figured you were a good student, but I guess I just meant not taking crap from guys and giving it right back when they gave it to you.
Believe it or not, I was a bar tender and server in college. I could tell you some stories...
I could write a book about the psychology of that scene.

Reactions: GE Nole
He's a she. Long timer and well respected on the football board. First time I've seen her much over here.

But yeah, this specific stance is more homer than Duff beer.
He, she, doesn't matter. Besides in light of recent events (imaginary wives) who knows who these people really are?

He, she, doesn't matter. Besides in light of recent events (imaginary wives) who knows who these people really are?
You must be really upset with me the way you are jumping in conversations to make your little remarks. My goal was never to get you all worked up, sorry I did.

Four of the top eight teams on Kenpom are from the ACC. That's pretty impressive.

Four of the top eight teams on Kenpom are from the ACC. That's pretty impressive.

Only 4 teams that are in the top 20 in both offensive and defensive efficiency

Duke (2 offense, 2 defense)
UVA (7, 4)
UNC (8, 11)
Michigan State (3, 17)

Tennessee (5, 22) and Iowa State (17, 21) are both very close.

I also love that 5 of the top 10 Kenpom teams are in the top 100 of tempo and 5 are not (UVA, Michigan, and VT are in the 300s).

Reactions: sgrooms

UVA (7, 4)
UNC (8, 11)
Michigan State (3, 17)

I also love that 5 of the top 10 Kenpom teams are in the top 100 of tempo and 5 are not (UVA, Michigan, and VT are in the 300s).

I'm surprised by the tempo statistic. I would have thought it was more weighted to the faster tempo.

UVA (7, 4)
UNC (8, 11)
Michigan State (3, 17)

The fact that UNC is 11th in defense is making me doubt kenpom.

I'm surprised by the tempo statistic. I would have thought it was more weighted to the faster tempo.

So would everyone in the media. It's a false narrative that faster is "better" basketball. It may "look" prettier but it's not necessarily more efficient.

Kenpom Top 10 (# of possessions, rank)
1. Duke (75.6, 10)
2. UVA (60.8, 353)
3. Gonzaga (72.8, 40)
4. Michigan State (72.1, 72)
5. Michigan (66.0, 323)
6. UNC (77.3, 5)
7. Tennessee (69.1, 196)
8. Virginia Tech (66.3, 314)
9. Texas Tech (68.7, 216)
10. Kansas (72.2, 68)

This team has exceed my expectations after we lost 5 of our best players.

Now I expect to challenge KU for the Big 12 title.

ADVERTISEMENT