ADVERTISEMENT

EURO Soccer

That that czech goal from half was insane but wtf u doin goalie.

Also the czech goalie was unbelievable.

Ukraines last goal was nasty as well.

Who do yall root for? Ive always been a netherlands fan just bc weed and pros are legal there 😂

I root for Germany, Portugal, Sweden, and the Netherlands

I like to root against Italy, England, France, and Spain.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
UEFA should be ashamed for making Denmark play after witnessing their best player die on the pitch (I know thankfully they were able to revive him) FFS.

As for rooting interest I am always on team chaos.

Reactions: Villian07
Anyone watching this tournament closely? Not much of a club fan, but I really enjoy international competition. Here's a gem from the Czech striker today.

E32mDZTX0AYCERn

Love having it on in the background while I'm working from home. Really excited once they get out of group play.

I've never had a team in Europe, so I'll be rooting for the underdog.

lol looks like Ronaldo gives his teammate the "suck it" sign. He was still able to get two goals in this match, albeit very late in the game.

He really should have passed it, though. Nobody in the world finishes better than CR7, and he had an abundance of space to get a high-quality shot on target.
Once the first one went in the flood gates opened for Portugal. I thought Hungary was going to steal the point.

Reactions: dukedevilz
lol looks like Ronaldo gives his teammate the "suck it" sign. He was still able to get two goals in this match, albeit very late in the game.

He really should have passed it, though. Nobody in the world finishes better than CR7, and he had an abundance of space to get a high-quality shot on target.

I think he’s still the best player in the world even though he’s getting up there in age. 10 years ago I wasn’t a fan but over time I learned to appreciate how freaking good he is.

I think he’s still the best player in the world even though he’s getting up there in age. 10 years ago I wasn’t a fan but over time I learned to appreciate how freaking good he is.

He's unbelievable. Seems like he makes very, very few mistakes. Precise with his passes, can breakdown a defense at will, and puts the ball in the back of the net better than anyone. Love watching him.

Once the first one went in the flood gates opened for Portugal. I thought Hungary was going to steal the point.

For sure. Last 10 minutes was rough for Hungary. They had an amazing home crowd, and had some great moments. Final score obviously isn't indicative of the contest. Portugal got a couple of lucky breaks. Shots bouncing off the back of a defender's leg are impossible to stop. And that PK was a nice break, too.

Mbappe is so freaking fast. Wow. You don't even need accurate passes with him. Pogba can just kick it 20 yards ahead of everyone and Mbappe will run it down. Such a dangerous weapon.

Anyone know where you can watch the video of Erikson collapsing and the scene afterwards? Can't find the actual footage anywhere on the interwebs

I root for Germany, Portugal, Sweden, and the Netherlands

I like to root against Italy, England, France, and Spain.
Uhhh cant root for nazi germany in nothin. Hate england and france as well. Pretty nuetral towards italy.

Belgium and Netherlands are my faves

Mbappe is so freaking fast. Wow. You don't even need accurate passes with him. Pogba can just kick it 20 yards ahead of everyone and Mbappe will run it down. Such a dangerous weapon.
Yea france is soooooo freaking talented. I didnt even get to watch, but griezman, mbappe, benzema, pogba, dembele, martial i mean i know alot of these country teams are stacked but they are just flat out insane.

Anyone know where you can watch the video of Erikson collapsing and the scene afterwards? Can't find the actual footage anywhere on the interwebs
Bro u dont want to watch it. He falls down awkwardly On his stomach/side after a throw in to him bounced back to the dude theowing it in. The players immediately started motioning the medics on the field. They get out there to check him out snd everything seems ok, then all of a sudden the medic flip him over and start admin cpr. Then obv the denmark players start getting visibly emotional and formed a cirlce around Eriksen to do their best to keep the cameras off him.

Im a grown ass man and i was crying at 10 oclock in the morning or whatever bc i thought I just watched a man die, and then they bring his GF down and shes upset and Eriksens teammates start consoling her, and id just never seen anything like that happen, i didnt see the pic of him holding his O2 mask while on the gurney till much later.

I might be in the minority but i fee like if mbappe and ronaldo were born in florida instead of europe theyd both be pro bowl nfl RBs. So fast, so powerful. Thats why i dont think america will ever be a soccer power, lose too many athletes to american football.

Uhhh cant root for nazi germany in nothin. Hate england and france as well. Pretty nuetral towards italy.

Belgium and Netherlands are my faves

My mom's ancestry is 100% German. A year before World War I broke out, my great grandfather was told by his father that there was no future in Germany (lived 25 miles away from Stuttgart). He packed up and moved to the United States within the year. He would have been fighting on the German side in WWI had he not migrated.

Yea france is soooooo freaking talented. I didnt even get to watch, but griezman, mbappe, benzema, pogba, dembele, martial i mean i know alot of these country teams are stacked but they are just flat out insane.

A ridiculous amount of talent. They look like the team to beat, IMO. Belgium might be their strongest competition.

Reactions: Villian07
Yea i really like belgium idk if they have the speed to match up with france, or if anyone does.

hopefulyl belgium gets de bruyne back soon.

Mehhh cant get into watching this group. Esp after Eriksen went down.

Damn shame they dont have a better way to form these groups. No reason for portugal/france/germany to be in the same group when some groups only have one super legit team like belgium or italys respective groups.

I like Switzerland too, wasnt aware embolo was swiss. They are my underdog squad.

Damn shame they dont have a better way to form these groups. No reason for portugal/france/germany to be in the same group when some groups only have one super legit team like belgium or italys respective groups.

Yeah, the groups really don't seem balanced. Group F has the last two World Cup Champions in France and Germany - and the reigning Euro Champs in Portugal. How does that happen?

Fortunately, if they all beat up on Hungary, all three should advance through. But, a group winner is likely to face a very tough Germany/Portugal in the Round of 16. Could very well be Belgium/Germany in the Round of 16.

I thought only 2 per group advanced? That change somewhere along the lines?

Ok nvm there arent even enough groups for only 2 from each. Hells yea then thats whats up.

And yea hungary might as well have stayed home, how unfortunate.

interested to see if Germany bounces back from the last wc debacle. They played france close which is promising. Im not a fan but their ahowimg in the last WC was embarrasing, esp for the defensing champs.

There is always a group of death in every tournament. The drawing of the groups is fine.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
There is always a group of death, but it doesnt have to be that way. And its usually every other group has 2 main contenders anyways so there has to be a geoup with 3 contenders. These euros just dont apply to that imo. Its jist not fair for some teams to not have to play any contender in the group play like belgium and italy, while the last 3 major trophy winners are all in a group of 4.

Swap out 1 for finland or russia or slovakia or poland, and its instantly fixed.

Guess u gotta beat the best at some point anyway and it makes for exciting group games.

I just think its dumb to have a random draw, when fifa has rankings (however subjective) they could use that would level the playing field imo.

There is always a group of death, but it doesnt have to be that way. Its jist not fair for some teams to not have to play any contender in the group play, while the last 3 major trophy winner are all in a group of 4. Swap out 1 for finland or russia or slovakia or poland. Guess u gotta beat the best at some point anyway and it makes for exciting group games.

I just think its dumb to have a random draw, when fifa has rankings (however subjective) they could use that would level the playing field imo.
Portugal was in pot 3 because they were the runner up in their qualifying group to Ukraine. It just so happens they got drawn into the group with Germany and France. The random draw is perfectly fine. No need to fvck with it. Plus evenly spreading out the big countries would make it less enjoyable.

Not real sure how good Ukraine is, but Netherlands group seems to be a 1 team group as well.

Spains group as well. All three in the group of death would be favored to win over half the other groups.

There is always a group of death, but it doesnt have to be that way. And its usually every other group has 2 main contenders anyways so there has to be a geoup with 3 contenders. These euros just dont apply to that imo. Its jist not fair for some teams to not have to play any contender in the group play like belgium and italy, while the last 3 major trophy winners are all in a group of 4.

Swap out 1 for finland or russia or slovakia or poland, and its instantly fixed.

Guess u gotta beat the best at some point anyway and it makes for exciting group games.

Their rankings are almost as worthless as pre-season AP. Also, FIFA being maybe the most corrupt sports organization in the world it’s better to not involve them much whenever possible.

Reactions: bMORE607
Portugal was in pot 3 because they were the runner up in their qualifying group to Ukraine. It just so happens they got drawn into the group with Germany and France. The random draw is perfectly fine. No need to fvck with it. Plus evenly spreading out the big countries would make it less enjoyable.
It def changes things if 3 can advance from a group. Makes it pretty moot. I was not aware of that fact. Usually when they have the WC and euros is my busiest time of year with work so i dont get to watch much.

And we can agree to disagree on the random draw. Could you inagine the outrage if the nfl/nba/ncaa basketball had random anything when seeding/grouping for a tournament, but whatever, it doesnt irk me that much. If your not good enough to get out of ur group, ur not good enough to advance deep anyways most likely. Just hate seeing teams in the next round who have no business being there except they got 2nd in an easy group.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT