ADVERTISEMENT

Entire NCAA Tournament to be held in Indiana

Duke and UNC play 3/4s of their tourney games in the state of North Carolina

It's not an advantage for us. There are four teams in each session. Those other three programs are rooting against Duke. Often times UNC is playing at the same site, so they'll get some of tickets, too. They're obviously not cheering us on. The Mercer game a few years back in Raleigh was something like 80% of the crowd being against Duke. In ACC country, if you're not for Duke, you're against them. New York or New Jersey would be a much friendlier neutral court venue.

Maybe the location this year will prove to be a very advantageous situation for Big Ten schools. If attendance is limited, you'd think the location benefit is minimal, however.

Feels like advantage to nobody. Time zone adjustments maybe an issue? Potential travel problems also.

If limited fans it appears no advantage to anybody and hopefully the bubble keeps all players/staff COVID free??

Got me thinking what other areas could host a full tournament?
Orlando
Las Vegas
Houston
Chicago

Was there in Vegas in March of 2019 when the Pac-12 held their tournament at the T-Mobile Arena, the Mountain West held their tournament at the Thomas Mack, and the WCC had theirs at the Orleans Arena. Kind of cool and crazy. Can't imagine how Indianapolis is going to look with all the different fanbases in the same location. Edit: well, maybe limited fanbases. Bummer. Would be cool to see dozens of different programs littered all over the city.

I think you could reasonably get 4-6 decent venues from the metro areas of New York, LA, Atlanta, and Philadelphia.

Reactions: CO_hawk
I dunno if we need to be tossing stones at them this year 😂

We'll see about tonight. Vandy is mediocre. I'll take a win however we can get it, but Mississippi State isn't particularly good this year. Extremely extremely average at best. I'm not sold yet because of a 2OT win against a team we should have blown out.

Seeing is believing for me. I'm not convinced we're back on track. Last years team was bumpy as hell, they just eked out a lot of close wins, which a bunch of the pumpers seek to have completely forgotten.

Vandy isn't good. At all. People need to consider that when analyzing what happens tonight

Reactions: Montana81

We'll see about tonight. Vandy is mediocre. I'll take a win however we can get it, but Mississippi State isn't particularly good this year. Extremely extremely average at best. I'm not sold yet because of a 2OT win against a team we should have blown out.

Seeing is believing for me. I'm not convinced we're back on track. Last years team was bumpy as hell, they just eked out a lot of close wins, which a bunch of the pumpers seek to have completely forgotten.

Vandy isn't good. At all. People need to consider that when analyzing what happens tonight
I've made peace with this season.

• Haha
Reactions: Montana81 and CB3UK

I’m not ready to call miss st or vandy better than the other personally. Haven’t seen much to be impressed by either, but I will say pippen jr has looked solid for vandy early.

Must really really really suck to lose a OaD kid off of a winless sec roster lol.

Reactions: CB3UK
I’m not ready to call miss st or vandy better than the other personally. Haven’t seen much to be impressed by either, but I will say pippen jr has looked solid for vandy early.

Must really really really suck to lose a OaD kid off of a winless sec roster lol.
Yeah I've seen Vandy once and State twice, which includes our game, so I'm shooting off the cuff.

I do feel safe in saying that for Kentucky to make the tournament tonight is one of those SEC games we just absolutely cannot lose.

I also don't believe we would have won Saturday with Clarke healthy and Cal not getting thrown out. I'm still very down on him.

As unlikable as our team has been, I actually see several pieces on our team that if these guys were here for four years, this group could become one of my all time favorites.

Does Louisville play tonight?

Na vtech Tommorow.

and yea I feel you, it’s hard not to see the pieces and like them. I’ve been totally enamourned with Jackson this year. Sometimes looks like he could be very good at the next level, next level athleticism, good motor, smooth “looking” shot. But at some point they have to put it together on the court or they are nothing but nba potential/future picks for for nba gms postering.

I have no doubt y’all will get better, covid permit, just have an unusually deep ooc hole to dig. A normal year with normal cupcakes y’all are probably .500 at the minimum right now (probably better who knows, hard to say)

Was gonna type the rare ranked acc matchup but I guess we aren’t back in the top 25.

Na vtech Tommorow.

and yea I feel you, it’s hard not to see the pieces and like them. I’ve been totally enamourned with Jackson this year. Sometimes looks like he could be very good at the next level, next level athleticism, good motor, smooth “looking” shot. But at some point they have to put it together on the court or they are nothing but nba potential/future picks for for nba gms postering.

I have no doubt y’all will get better, covid permit, just have an unusually deep ooc hole to dig. A normal year with normal cupcakes y’all are probably .500 at the minimum right now (probably better who knows, hard to say)

Na vtech Tommorow.

Yeah I like Jackson. He does goof up but his effort and his defensive post presence....its easy to see what he can be when the rough edges are molded. But as always, will he be around for us to reap any dividends? Askew also is all effort all the time.

The biggest problem we have is Cal and his dogged determination to keep running Boston and Clarke out there come hell or high water. Yeah theyve got to learn. So does everyone else. And some of those others can help us win NOW.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah I like Jackson. He does goof up but his effort and his defensive post presence....its easy to see what he can be when the rough edges are molded. But as always, will he be around for us to reap any dividends? Askew also is all effort all the time.

The biggest problem we have is Cal and his dogged determination to keep running Boston and Clarke out there come hell or high water. Yeah theyve got to learn. So does everyone else. And some of those others can help us win NOW.
To be somewhat fair---WHo else is Cal gonna run out there? I get it with Allen. But what type of line-up you wanna see?

Mintz
Allen
Toppin
Jackson
Sarr

Askew, Clarke, Boston., Ware....??

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I haven’t seen it with Askew. Doesn’t seem to do anything great. Kinda makes me wonder how he was top pg in his class, but not like I can think of tons of freshmen pg playing anywhere.

FWIW I said the exact same thing about Allen before the miss st game smdh

100/
I haven’t seen it with Askew. Doesn’t seem to do anything great. Kinda makes me wonder how he was top pg in his class, but not like I can think of tons of freshmen pg playing anywhere.

FWIW I said the exact same thing about Allen before the miss st game smdh
Was Askew top PG? I know he reclassified.

To be somewhat fair---WHo else is Cal gonna run out there? I get it with Allen. But what type of line-up you wanna see?

Mintz
Allen
Toppin
Jackson
Sarr

Askew, Clarke, Boston., Ware....??
That's the problem. There isnt a great answer to this question right now. A lot of the Allen stuff was because he's a KY guy, sure....but it mostly was because all those other guys haven't been doing squat mostly either.

The only definitive answer I can give is ANY lineup that doesn't have Boston and Clarke on the floor at the same time.

ADVERTISEMENT