Votes: 15 60.0%
  • Virginia Tech

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Michigan State

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
That's what I was worried about. They managed to win a game that was 99% lost... now they'll just refocus and stomp everyone on the way to the title.

Long ways away but Duke and MSU are the two teams I most want to avoid in the tourney. Granted, we'd play in the national championship so I wouldn't be too upset with either matchup.

Reactions: MileHighSpartan
Some interesting contradicting storylines .

Duke has never made it to the final four in a year where they won their second round game by single digits.

Duke has never missed the final four when having 240+ blocks as a team.

I picked Michigan State before the tournament started and don’t see a reason to change that now.

What is a better elite 8 matchup, Duke/Michigan State or UNC/Kentucky?

Michigan State, but LSU looks really scary. I think they had their close call too.

Duke. They got their wakeup call.
I hope this is true. They haven't looked like a dominant team in quite a while, even going back to before the injury. I think everyone agrees that Duke's A game trumps everyone else's. But it has been a while since we've seen it. If Sunday doesn't wake them up, we may be disappointed.

Duke but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Michigan State, felt they had a 1 seed resume except for a few bad losses.

As far as the UCF game goes and ESPN jerking off over the "blueprint" to beat Duke the past few days, not a lot of teams have a 7' 6" guy and another dude that goes nuts and shoots 67% from the field, 71% from 3 (a lot of which were contested). The blueprint has been out for a few months, Duke is not a good 3 point shooting team so pack the lane... and they have still only lost 1 game all season with all starters healthy and even beat UVA without their point guard. IMO the demise of Duke has been greatly exaggerated but anything can happen in a one game lose and go home scenario so we will see.

Some interesting contradicting storylines .

Duke has never made it to the final four in a year where they won their second round game by single digits.

Duke has never missed the final four when having 240+ blocks as a team.
Hmmmm. That is interesting. I’ve got another one. Duke has never made the Final Four in the year 2019.

Something has gotta give!

I said Va Tech as soon as the bracket came out and I'm sticking to it. Justin Robinson took last week to shake the rust off. Now he needs to do the same to RJ Barrett and Cassius Winston.

LSU has been outscored by an average of 13 in the second half since Wade has been suspended. MSU keeps it close or has a lead at half and it’s big advantage for Izzo

Glad I got my tickets when I did for Friday, looking at prices now- the Zion effect!

Ty Outlaw hit with marijuana possession. Would be too bad if he can't play

giphy.gif

Duke but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Michigan State, felt they had a 1 seed resume except for a few bad losses.

As far as the UCF game goes and ESPN jerking off over the "blueprint" to beat Duke the past few days, not a lot of teams have a 7' 6" guy and another dude that goes nuts and shoots 67% from the field, 71% from 3 (a lot of which were contested). The blueprint has been out for a few months, Duke is not a good 3 point shooting team so pack the lane... and they have still only lost 1 game all season with all starters healthy and even beat UVA without their point guard. IMO the demise of Duke has been greatly exaggerated but anything can happen in a one game lose and go home scenario so we will see.

This was odd to me too. I was like, "ummm, have you watched ACC games?"

The blueprint has been out there since December. FSU used a nearly identical game plan both times we played Duke. Duke just hit threes in the first game and found another gear in the second half of the second game.

Duke has never not won a national championship while one of Debbie Jones' sons played point guard.

Also, since Coach K has been at Duke, we've never not won a national championship when Minneapolis was the Final Four host city.

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT