ADVERTISEMENT

Duke's and Kentucky's football teams are doing great

Ok. I still think USC, Texas and others like that qualify as sleeping giants. If you are at the point where even Colorado is eliminated from sleeping giant consideration then you are at a point where the pool consists of Arizona's and Missouri's and Kentucky's and North Carolina's and South Carolina's. None of those schools are sleeping giants, IMO. All of them have a ceiling of competing for a conference title every 4 years and probably never making the CFB Playoff's.

I wouldn't eliminate them. I just think a team like UK has a better chance of being a "giant". I honestly think UK would be better off winning games to be in the ACC. But the prestige and money of the SEC cant be touched.

And I also consider teams like Texas, USC, Miami, etc... to be the same as basketball blue bloods who may be struggling like indiana, UCLA.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Ok. I still think USC, Texas and others like that qualify as sleeping giants. If you are at the point where even Colorado is eliminated from sleeping giant consideration then you are at a point where the pool consists of Arizona's and Missouri's and Kentucky's and North Carolina's and South Carolina's. None of those schools are sleeping giants, IMO. All of them have a ceiling of competing for a conference title every 4 years and probably never making the CFB Playoff's.
If you are competing for a conference title, you are competing for a spot in CFB Playoffs'.

Reactions: RipThru
I

But I get your point. They’re like how Georgia is the biggest sleeping giant in CBB. Something like that, right?
Ya know Schoonie----Can I call ya that?:D Anyways...I got to thinking about this today. And you know, I probably should've worded it different. I was listening on the radio and heard an analyst refer to IU basketball as...yep, a "sleeping giant". And I was like---"Whaaaaat". But then I was like---"Wait---A SLEEPING giant". As in something that once was, that hasn't been, than now could be.
SO I retract a little. Not sure what phrase to use about UK. I guess you can use "sleeping giant" boith ways; One for a school that once was. One for a school that could be.

Make sense?:eek:

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Ya know Schoonie----Can I call ya that?:D Anyways...I got to thinking about this today. And you know, I probably should've worded it different. I was listening on the radio and heard an analyst refer to IU basketball as...yep, a "sleeping giant". And I was like---"Whaaaaat". But then I was like---"Wait---A SLEEPING giant". As in something that once was, that hasn't been, than now could be.
SO I retract a little. Not sure what phrase to use about UK. I guess you can use "sleeping giant" boith ways; One for a school that once was. One for a school that could be.

Make sense?:eek:
The correct phrase to use for Kentucky would be bottom feeder.

That bear bryant, Cadillac story is not true. He went to A&M because A. They let him be the AD and B. UK for whatever reason wanted him to recruit mainly in state kids (sounds like something eastern ky ppl would come up with) before Bear was grabbing tons of ppl out of Ohio and PA. I know this bc there was an ortho doc in Lexington who used to play for him and that's the story he always gave.

Besides, even if the lighter story was true. Bear Bryant was only at A&M 3 years before going to Bama...meaning at best UK could have kept him 3 more years...bc there was no way he wasnt going to bama when he had the opportunity...that and he left Maryland for UK.

That story is true. I did not explain all the reasons and I don't know a damned soul alive today that know the exact reasons.

Then they had to start going to classes..
tenor.gif

Reactions: kelley2403
UNC just has to wear it....or explain how innocent you were. It's your choice.
I’ve explained it over & over & over & over etc. one more time isn’t going to change anybody’s opinion.
All I know, the wins are still in the books & the banners are still in the rafters.
tenor.gif

Reactions: AWilli6995
I’ve explained it over & over & over & over etc. one more time isn’t going to change anybody’s opinion.
All I know, the wins are still in the books & the banners are still in the rafters.
tenor.gif
Calm down. Everyone is using their inside voices and communicating with touch of the keyboard.

Didn't you coach the Bear when he played football, Bert? Taught him everything he knew, right? Winking
Yes. He was a tough nut.jumpingsmile

I have two friends that played for the Bear at Kentucky. I would name both but I would be called out for lying. Both became very successful people.

One has a Super Bowl ring when he played at Baltimore.

The other ended up being a veterinarian (Auburn) and later became involved in horses and construction in the Baltimore area.

Never understood why UK has never been more consistently competitive in football.

SEC money - check
SEC caliber fanbase - check
Big stadium - check

Im not saying they have to be Bama, but Mizzou has been to the SECCG twice recently, South Carolina has been there a bunch of times recently, no reason UK cant float around in the 8-10 win territory consistently and maybe when Saban is finished, occasionally win the SEC.

No need, we will continue to laugh at you and whoever brings it up . Laughing

no doubt you will
just like a opossum eating s#!&, you will have a big grin on your face
one thing we can always count on from unc fans, them having a lack of honor and integrity

unc cheated for decades and used a loophole to escape punishment...............congrats you cheated the system
i am sure that makes you all feel proud

no doubt you will
one thing we can always count on from unc fans, them having a lack of honor and integrity

unc cheated for decades and used a loophole to escape punishment...............congrats you cheated the system
tenor.gif

Never understood why UK has never been more consistently competitive in football.

SEC money - check
SEC caliber fanbase - check
Big stadium - check

Im not saying they have to be Bama, but Mizzou has been to the SECCG twice recently, South Carolina has been there a bunch of times recently, no reason UK cant float around in the 8-10 win territory consistently and maybe when Saban is finished, occasionally win the SEC.
Thank you sir. A voice of reason.

no doubt you will

Laughing See how easy that was?

it is always easy for unc fans to show their lack of honor and integrity

LMAO, your school has a history of cheating dating back when Truman was president. You have a former coach who was reportedly a racist and your current coach left 2 programs in flames, final 4's stripped and you talk about integrity and honor? RollLaugh

Last edited:
Are you going to be ok? I mean this really bothers you and you know what? LaughingRollLaughSmokinSmile

i am fine (is that really all you could come up with)
it is obvious that you are fine in lacking honor and integrity concerning unc being the most corrupt school in the last 30 years

Reactions: treyforuk
i am fine (is that really all you could come up with)
it is obvious that you are fine in lacking honor and integrity concerning unc being the most corrupt school in the last 30 years

Cal, Rupp, UK on the cover of SI and you bring up honor and integrity? This is good! Laughing

Cal, Rupp, UK on the cover of SI and you bring up honor and integrity? This is good! Laughing

again is that all you got
do you have anything recent or just the same old regurgitated stuff from 3 decades ago?
BTW during those 3 decades unc was the most corrupt program in the NCAA

Reactions: treyforuk
again is that all you got
do you have anything recent or just the same old regurgitated stuff from 3 decades ago?
BTW during those 3 decades unc was the most corrupt program in the NCAA

That's all I need. Last time I checked no sanctions so you can go back 100 years if you like. No UK fan should ever use honor and integrity in trying to slam others but you choose to and that makes you look very stupid. You think we should feel some type of way and we don't and you're butt hurt over that so all I can say is get over it. Nothing is going to change and we can have this argument all day every day and you're still going to lose. Laughing

That's all I need. Last time I checked no sanctions so you can go back 100 years if you like. No UK fan should ever use honor and integrity in trying to slam others but you choose to and that makes you look very stupid. You think we should feel some type of way and we don't and you're butt hurt over that so all I can say is get over it. Nothing is going to change and we can have this argument all day every day and you're still going to lose. Laughing
tenor.gif

Somebody got so tore up because someone said something nice about UK that he went to another board and made a thread about it. Prayers and well wishes my man.
Sometimes you just need help in order to show why somebody's claim is so bad.

ADVERTISEMENT