ADVERTISEMENT

Duke vs Kansas game thread

Svi ... Killer

Does not matter who the victim is.
Sometimes Kansas, sometimes the opponent.

Was ~4 minutes behind on DVR (kids, hubby re-lighting living and bathrooms), we misplaced the remote with 2:?? to play... it's still MIA.

Great, great game Blue Devils.
Would've loved a two - outta - three

How can anybody feel for Allen? Wtf? Having to watch that thing roll around the rim six times then fall off is poetic justice at its finest.
tenor.gif

No u don't, had Duke won, u would have been whining as usual.

What does that have to do with what I said? Dude is a four year guy who has battled the entire time. Despite his issues it is always kind of weird to see the four year players leave. Plus, who know when you guys will have another one that is actually good.

Very bitter right now. Disappointed that Allen couldn't be the senior leader Duke needed him to be. But at the end of the day, Kansas was the better team and earned this victory.

I will wait patiently for next year where I will have the same frustrations, just without Allen in the hole to rustle a bunch of grown men.
I wouldn't worry too much. Someone else will step up as the villain for Duke, they always do. Laughing

Reactions: treyforuk
Officials make mistakes. Good teams overcome and still win. Anyone blaming duke losing on one call should be ashamed. Kansas overcame a terrible whistle all game.

Reactions: KUhawks34
Boo!

I’m hoping for Michigan. Kansas wouldn’t stand a chance against some mid-major from the midwest.

Good point.

But....two of their stars are from Overland Park. Likely KU fans. They might not have the heart to destroy us.

Great game Duke fans. You’re all pretty ok in my book.

K’s still the greatest, but Self has his number lately. Hell of a game. Could’ve gone either way.
RCJH.

This board tells me only UK fans complain about officiating. You are out of your element.
Not blaming the loss on that, Duke should have won in regulation. Allen couldn't hit shit, K should have called a timeout to setup a play at the end of the game but instead called on Allen (who hadn't hit a thing all night), Carter shouldn't have missed a wide open point blank layup... The list goes on. With all that being said, the block on Carter was a horrible call that absolutely impacted overtime. I'm not going to call the ref and threaten his life or anything like UK fans do but it was absolutely a game changer. Anyone without a bias would agree. Again, congrats Kansas.

Not blaming the loss on that, Duke should have won in regulation. Allen couldn't hit shit, K should have called a timeout to setup a play at the end of the game but instead called on Allen (who hadn't hit a thing all night), Carter shouldn't have missed a wide open point blank layup... The list goes on. With all that being said, the block on Carter was a horrible call that absolutely impacted overtime. I'm not going to call the ref and threaten his life or anything like UK fans do but it was absolutely a game changer. Anyone without a bias would agree. Again, congrats Kansas.

It's all good my friend! I understand why K never called a timeout there, he didn't want to let KU set up their defense. Even though Grayson got a good look and it was halfway down, I thought Duke would ISO Marvin at the high post. Wendell didn't miss that layup as the KU defender made a great play and got a piece of it. The play that keeps going through my head was in regulation with 25 secs left and Trevon gambled on a steal attempt on Graham and failed, leaving a wide open three for the tie. He has to know the situation and be more disciplined. That is what we get with freshmen. He played very well, though. Carter put himself in that position with 4 fouls, if he would have come to play in the first half, he wouldn't have been in foul trouble. That is all water under the bridge now. It is very hard to win the tournament by reloading with Freshmen every year, but that is the route we have taken. I love your passion as a Duke fan. Disappointed, I am, but that is how is goes, I guess.

Reactions: tw3301

The charge call was bad. The only thing I can think the ref saw that led to it being called a charge was Carter moving his leg but he was in pretty good position and set for a good second.

They also missed some bigs calls in regulation that hurt KU. Every missed call changes the game. and would change the situation. No idea how it would effect the outcome. Carter being out though did hamstring Duke offense the last few minutes of OT.

I won’t comment on any calls. I saw things that I was glad was called our way, and some I argued with that went against us. It all evens out, and the refs are just part of the game. Calls certainly don’t determine the outcome of a game, and this one was a classic. Nothing but respect for K, and Duke will be stacked (again) next year.

The biggest mistake that Duke and Coach K did was to switch to the 1-3-1 zone to try to take away the free throw jumper that KU was getting. KU saw the switch and knew right away that the opening to the zone was the corner 3. It only took 4 minutes but KU outscored Duke 13-3 on 3-4 shooting from 3 and turned the 3 point deficit into a 7 point lead. Give Duke and K credit that they saw this, called the timeout and switched out of that zone but that helped get Malik rolling (he had struggled in the first half). Good game though and was glad we came out on top.

ROCK CHALK to San Antonio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: rockchalk4ever
The biggest mistake that Duke and Coach K did was to switch to the 1-3-1 zone to try to take away the free throw jumper that KU was getting. KU saw the switch and knew right away that the opening to the zone was the corner 3. It only took 4 minutes but KU outscored Duke 13-3 on 3-4 shooting from 3 and turned the 3 point deficit into a 7 point lead. Give Duke and K credit that they saw this, called the timeout and switched out of that zone but that helped get Malik rolling (he had struggled in the first half). Good game though and was glad we came out on top.

ROCK CHALK to San Antonio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

While all that is true, Duke still put themselves in position to win. The play of the game was the three to tie it, Duval made a huge freshman mistake by gambling for a steal on Graham. That set up a good look for the tie. He needs to know the situation there and be more discipline than that. He played great though and kept Duke in it. Congrats to your Jayhawks, best of luck in the Final 4!

It's all good my friend! I understand why K never called a timeout there, he didn't want to let KU set up their defense. Even though Grayson got a good look and it was halfway down, I thought Duke would ISO Marvin at the high post. Wendell didn't miss that layup as the KU defender made a great play and got a piece of it. The play that keeps going through my head was in regulation with 25 secs left and Trevon gambled on a steal attempt on Graham and failed, leaving a wide open three for the tie. He has to know the situation and be more disciplined. That is what we get with freshmen. He played very well, though. Carter put himself in that position with 4 fouls, if he would have come to play in the first half, he wouldn't have been in foul trouble. That is all water under the bridge now. It is very hard to win the tournament by reloading with Freshmen every year, but that is the route we have taken. I love your passion as a Duke fan. Disappointed, I am, but that is how is goes, I guess.
We've had upperclassmen let us down too. JayWill missed a free throw in 2002 vs Indiana and a senior JJ Redick and Shelden Williams lost to LSU in 2006.

Winning close games requires execution, guts and great coaching. It doesn't matter whether the players are freshmen or seniors.

Congratulations, Jayhawks.

Gotta say, this loss stings because part of me feels like I’ll never see a 4-year player like Grayson Allen again at Duke. Just more OaD’s and maybe an occasional 3-year star.

Reactions: tw3301
Congratulations, Jayhawks.

Gotta say, this loss stings because part of me feels like I’ll never see a 4-year player like Grayson Allen again at Duke. Just more OaD’s and maybe an occasional 3-year star.
Alex O'Connell brah...he's a Duke Legacy so there's no way he's transferring due to playing time. He knows what he signed up for.

maxresdefault.jpg

Still can’t believe we out rebounded Duke yesterday. We haven’t out rebounded anyone this year, and Duke’s size was something I thought we’d struggle with.

Awesome game yesterday. Going to rewatch it again tonight at work. Sober, and getting paid, with no stress. Should be nice.

Reactions: toonces11
Still can’t believe we out rebounded Duke yesterday. We haven’t out rebounded anyone this year, and Duke’s size was something I thought we’d struggle with.

Awesome game yesterday. Going to rewatch it again tonight at work. Sober, and getting paid, with no stress. Should be nice.
Link to the replay, I was pretty hammered yesterday. TIA

Boo!

I’m hoping for Michigan. Kansas wouldn’t stand a chance against some mid-major from the midwest.

This.

Kansas wants Michigan and Michigan ONLY! The amount of butt puckering inside Jayhawk nation playing against Loyola would be at an all-time high. The bigger the name on the jersey, the better Kansas appears to play.

This.

Kansas wants Michigan and Michigan ONLY! The amount of butt puckering inside Jayhawk nation playing against Loyola would be at an all-time high. The bigger the name on the jersey, the better Kansas appears to play.
Ehhhh... I guess so. They did bring it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT