ADVERTISEMENT

Duke getting their own preseason tv show

This is pretty awesome. 8 episodes to air on ESPN+

Be careful what you wish for. When FSU (football) had Showtime doing a show on us a few years ago it really became a distraction at times. And sort of allowed a less than ideal culture to start to fester.

It was definitely interesting to watch each week, but I do think it contributed to things like the blowout at Louisville.

Be careful what you wish for. When FSU (football) had Showtime doing a show on us a few years ago it really became a distraction at times. And sort of allowed a less than ideal culture to start to fester.

It was definitely interesting to watch each week, but I do think it contributed to things like the blowout at Louisville.

I don’t think it’s a concern.

Neither did we. And even that year you wouldn’t have noticed much. Looking back, with the benefit of perspective, I think it contributed to some of the issues. Not the main cause, but a contributor.

Then again, this was an all year thing with a MAJOR production crew around all the time. In their dorms, hotel rooms, etc. So maybe this Duke one won’t be as distracting since it’s just the preseason?

Neither did we. And even that year you wouldn’t have noticed much. Looking back, with the benefit of perspective, I think it contributed to some of the issues. Not the main cause, but a contributor.

Then again, this was an all year thing with a MAJOR production crew around all the time. In their dorms, hotel rooms, etc. So maybe this Duke one won’t be as distracting since it’s just the preseason?

You’re also trying to connect football and basketball. There are 5x as many football players as basketball. (Roughly). I just don’t see it being an issue. Further, K will be calling all the shots. Im going to go on a limb and say this is a pretty tight operation.

I would agree with that. KU is a distant 4th.

Duke, Kentucky and North Carolina are still cocksuckers though.
Completely agree. KU is a distant 4th.

Edit: The thing with KU is they are 2nd in overall wins but only have 3 titles. Do you all have a winning record against blue bloods? UK gets shit for ranking in SEC wins but UK also performed in the Tournament.

I think it's fair to put KU 4th. Ahead of IU.
as a IU fan, because IU has only been a middle of the road program for the past 25ish years...I think their 5th also, but a very distant 5th. The only reason their still looked at as a blueblood is because of the 5 championships, the lore of Knights past and the fanbase is still as involved as they ever were. Unfortunately, with the administration waiting so long to fire Crean, I'm seeing the fanbase starting to walk away for the first time ever.

You’re also trying to connect football and basketball. There are 5x as many football players as basketball. (Roughly). I just don’t see it being an issue. Further, K will be calling all the shots. Im going to go on a limb and say this is a pretty tight operation.

The more players is a good point. Regarding K, you don’t think Jimbo called all the shots? He’s a product of Saban and didn’t even allow practices to be open to the local beat, not even for the early warmup portion.

I think the biggest difference/potential saving grace is that it’s only preseason practice and not the whole season like FSU’s was.

You’ve got a built in excuse if you fail to live up to the hype. Just accept it. It’ll be a combo of “Duke is young” and “Duke had a major distraction”. Coach K is pretty genius at self-handicapping

You’ve got a built in excuse if you fail to live up to the hype. Just accept it. It’ll be a combo of “Duke is young” and “Duke had a major distraction”. Coach K is pretty genius at self-handicapping

I don’t fall into the excuse category. You either live up to the hype and hang a FF/Natty or you failed to live up to the ultimate goal. I think it’s a pretty simple formula for most reasonable folks.

Reactions: jhmossy
UK went to the NIT when they had their all access show. I completely blame ESPN.

I don’t fall into the excuse category. You either live up to the hype and hang a FF/Natty or you failed to live up to the ultimate goal. I think it’s a pretty simple formula for most reasonable folks.

That’s good you feel that way.

ADVERTISEMENT