ADVERTISEMENT

Duke getting their own preseason tv show

It's odd they're charging. Must be better than UK's, which was free. :D

I'd watch it if it were free.

Duke's Canadian trip is also that streaming service. I'm not trolling, but I am really glad UK's to the Bahamas is on the SEC Network.

And as far as homeboards, they'll probably just say it's another thing UK did first.

I figured they would start doing something to get some revenue going for ESPN+.

If you cant pay for it month to month, and shut it off after a month, I wouldn’t do it - if I was a Duke fan.

Duke's Canadian trip is also that streaming service. I'm not trolling, but I am really glad UK's to the Bahamas is on the SEC Network.

And as far as homeboards, they'll probably just say it's another thing UK did first.

Laughing

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

well obviously people are willing to pay to watch Duke, not so much for UK.

I would assume it will one of those painting shows.

Regardless, I think they are probably make a mistake with having Duke being the team to pay for. I think they would be a perfect team for a free one though. ESPN has made about a thousand poor decisions recently though so it isn't surprising. Cool deal for Duke fans though.

I would assume it will one of those painting shows.

Regardless, I think they are probably make a mistake with having Duke being the team to pay for. I think they would be a perfect team for a free one though. ESPN has made about a thousand poor decisions recently though so it isn't surprising.
I disagree, you see Duke is a national brand and ESPN doesn't want only residents from the state of Kentucky, North Carolina, or Kansas tuning in.

SmokinSmile

Reactions: Quavarius
I disagree, you see Duke is a national brand and ESPN doesn't want only residents from the state of Kentucky, North Carolina, or Kansas tuning in.

SmokinSmile

So they only want people from Jersey tuning in?

I know you are just screwing around but all of those teams are national brands. Hell, many more teams than those are national brands. I think part of the draw of a Duke is the number of people who dislike them though. That isn't going to be reflected in a pay to see format. Maybe it will pay off for them though. They need something to break their way for sure.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
I don’t think Kansas and UNC are national brands like Duke is. Not sure about Kentucky. Part of that is sheer geography.

So they only want people from Jersey tuning in?

I know you are just screwing around but all of those teams are national brands. Hell, many more teams than those are national brands. I think part of the draw of a Duke is the number of people who dislike them though. That isn't going to be reflected in a pay to see format. Maybe it will pay off for them though. They need something to break their way for sure.

I'm thinking eventually it will be free on ESPN3. I might watch then.

I think he’s saying Duke is a bigger national brand than Kansas and UNC and maybe more so than Kentucky as well. He might be right. Duke is probably the most well known basketball school in the country.
To who? People who don't follow sports? Anyone who knows sports know Tulane. Duke isn't an accomplishment. Hell they know KU as well.

To who? People who don't follow sports? Anyone who knows sports know Tulane. Duke isn't an accomplishment. Hell they know KU as well.
I would say to people who know sports. Anybody under the age of 40 has lived throughout the whole K era and since he and Duke started taking off 30 years ago they’ve been pretty much unrivaled as the kings of the sport.

He’s never been a good troll.

I don’t troll. I genuinely don’t think the state schools UNC or Kansas are truly national brands. I genuinely believe UNC cheated more than anyone ever. I get that you don’t like those positions, but it isn’t trolling.

I don’t troll. I genuinely don’t think the state schools UNC or Kansas are truly national brands. I genuinely believe UNC cheated more than anyone ever. I get that you don’t like those positions, but it isn’t trolling.
What about Kentucky, Ohio State, Texas?

I mean UNC definitely is, Kentucky is as well but Kansas... not so much. I have accounts in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and Kansas City and I've never seen anyone wearing KU gear. I'm not 100% sure they even make it.

Reactions: 829305
I mean UNC definitely is, Kentucky is as well but Kansas... not so much. I have accounts in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, and Kansas City and I've never seen anyone wearing KU gear. I'm not 100% sure they even make it.
No one buys college adidas gear.

I would agree those are probably the three in hoops.

ADVERTISEMENT