ADVERTISEMENT

Duke getting their own preseason tv show

I would agree with that. KU is a distant 4th.

Duke, Kentucky and North Carolina are still cocksuckers though.
Completely agree. KU is a distant 4th.

Edit: The thing with KU is they are 2nd in overall wins but only have 3 titles. Do you all have a winning record against blue bloods? UK gets shit for ranking in SEC wins but UK also performed in the Tournament.

I think it's fair to put KU 4th. Ahead of IU.

Last edited:
I think Self will get 1 or 2 more titles. He's young, he's not talked about retiring like Calipari has, and he has them positioned well going to every NCAAT.

KU (and Duke), Five titles > IU's

I think Self will get 1 or 2 more titles. He's young, he's not talked about retiring like Calipari has, and he has them positioned well going to every NCAAT.

KU (and Duke), Five titles > IU's
Kansas doesn’t have as many titles as Indiana but they’re miles ahead in everything else.

KU lost title games to both Indiana and North Carolina by 1 point. They’re literally 4 points shy of having 5 titles to Carolina’s 5 and Indiana’s 4.

I just hope Self gets one more. He’s definitely been one of the better March coaches in recent years. I want that to continue.

Kansas doesn’t have as many titles as Indiana but they’re miles ahead in everything else.

KU lost title games to both Indiana and North Carolina by 1 point. They’re literally 4 points shy of having 5 titles to Carolina’s 5 and Indiana’s 4.

I just hope Self gets one more. He’s definitely been one of the better March coaches in recent years. I want that to continue.
This is part joke, but part serious due to the comeback late in the game..

He ran out of time against UK in the title. Calipari's antics of slowing down almost cost him his only title.

Self took advantage the first time and nearly did it twice.

I think anyone who thinks Duke is a national brand and schools like UNC and UK aren't, and seriously thinks that, needs to get out more or maybe doesn't understand what a national brand is. I didn't really think anyone was being serious with that.

I would say to people who know sports. Anybody under the age of 40 has lived throughout the whole K era and since he and Duke started taking off 30 years ago they’ve been pretty much unrivaled as the kings of the sport.
I don't know about that . . . everbody 10 years old + seem to know the name "Rupp" and "Racist", meaning that you don't even have to like ANY sports to know those terms/school. At least according to another thread here.

And racism is a TRUE national brand, and for all the wrong reasons.

UVA finished 4 games ahead of Duke in the ACC last year without this major distraction. This is excellent news for UVA and other ACC teams.

*Streaming.
barbrady.png

can't wait to see this hit some home boards.
RR - "Duke Summer Trip on Channel No one Has."

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/duke-summer-trip-on-channel-no-one-has.269186/

One (of many) posts;

"Since when does Duke have a fanbase? Duke's fanbase isn't even the top one in their home state.
Duke fans are either graduates or teenagers that want to tick off dad because he's a Tar Heel fan.

Big Blue Nation is a multigenerational fan base that includes probably 75-80% of the 4 million people who live in the Commonwealth.

Plus we also have the graduates that have moved to other states.

There is no way a Duke fan can logically argue that their fanbase, regardless of their success, is anywhere close to as large as BBN. That's just silly."

Last edited:
Reactions: tw3301
I think anyone who thinks Duke is a national brand and schools like UNC and UK aren't, and seriously thinks that, needs to get out more or maybe doesn't understand what a national brand is. I didn't really think anyone was being serious with that.
I guess maybe things have changed in the last decade since I'm getting old and out of touch. But for my lifetime, I always felt that UNC was the biggest national brand (Jordan influence) followed by UK.

I guess maybe things have changed in the last decade since I'm getting old and out of touch. But for my lifetime, I always felt that UNC was the biggest national brand (Jordan influence) followed by UK.
It has been 35 years since Jordan has been out of college though and Jordan brand has been around forever. Most younger people don't associate him with UNC, they associate him with the brand. Or, if anything, they associate him with the Bulls.

It has been 35 years since Jordan has been out of college though and Jordan brand has been around forever. Most younger people don't associate him with UNC, they associate him with the brand. Or, if anything, they associate him with the Bulls.
Yeah, I figured I might be a bit dated with where the kids stand these days. I remember several kids in UNC gear at school in the 90's in Lexington.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
well obviously people are willing to pay to watch Duke, not so much for UK.

And you already know this? How?

I don’t think Kansas and UNC are national brands like Duke is. Not sure about Kentucky. Part of that is sheer geography.

Not sure if serious?

I'm thinking eventually it will be free on ESPN3. I might watch then.

I wouldn’t even torrent it.

I think he’s saying Duke is a bigger national brand than Kansas and UNC and maybe more so than Kentucky as well. He might be right. Duke is probably the most well known basketball school in the country.

Yeah, no.

I would say to people who know sports. Anybody under the age of 40 has lived throughout the whole K era and since he and Duke started taking off 30 years ago they’ve been pretty much unrivaled as the kings of the sport.

No. Just no.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Real talk, I welcome every college basketball program.The season can't get here soon enough.

And you already know this? How?

Not sure if serious?

I wouldn’t even torrent it.

Yeah, no.

No. Just no.
It’s just an opinion. Who do you think has rivaled Duke in the last 30 years? North Carolina has an argument but they haven’t been as consistent. Kentucky has less of everything in the tournament and has probably 100 less wins. So they’re not even close. Kansas rivals them in consistency but is way behind in tournament accomplishments. I’d say the average fan in the US sees Duke as the top program which would make them probably the most popular brand. A lot of that has to do with the ESPN effect but really, their numbers in my lifetime of watching the sport aren’t rivaled by anybody.

Reactions: tw3301
It’s just an opinion. Who do you think has rivaled Duke in the last 30 years? North Carolina has an argument but they haven’t been as consistent. Kentucky has less of everything in the tournament and has probably 100 less wins. So they’re not even close. Kansas rivals them in consistency but is way behind in tournament accomplishments. I’d say the average fan in the US sees Duke as the top program which would make them probably the most popular brand. A lot of that has to do with the ESPN effect but really, their numbers in my lifetime of watching the sport aren’t rivaled by anybody.
get ready for "arbitrary timeline" comments and references to how dominant a certain team was in the 1950's.

How about you look up attendance and TV ratings?

get ready for "arbitrary timeline" comments and references to how dominant a certain team was in the 1950's.

Not from me. Sorry your team didn’t win shit in the earlier years of the sport.

Not a heels fan, but I think they have been just as good if not better than duke the last 30 years. They had one down year a while back, right? I guess that could count as not being consistent, but they had a coaching change to deal with and won two titles almost right after that year.

Both programs have killed it the last 30 years. And I could be wrong because i don’t follow either that closely.. but i wouldn’t be surprised if UNC’s numbers are as good or better.

As far as brands go.. They’re both national brands. Hell i spent a year in Australia 18 months ago and saw quite a bit of Carolina gear. Pretty big everywhere. Duke is hot right now like UNC was 8-10 years ago.. it’s a cycle.

ADVERTISEMENT