ADVERTISEMENT

Does the field need to be retracted?

It should never have gotten past 32. 8 is the realistic number of teams who have argument, Id accept 16. Ive ranted against this team bs constantly. Its absurd. Bubble teams.....meh
32 was best

32 was best
It was before my time.

Id just like to see a legit tournament of 8 or 16, and then the NIT gets the rest and fields a solid 32. The NIT would actually be watchable, and the tournament would actually be a competition amongst deserving teams.

IDGAF if a 18-13 Baylor or 19-12 Ole Miss is being left out in a given year, they dont deserve a title shot from the get.

It was before my time.

Id just like to see a legit tournament of 8 or 16, and then the NIT gets the rest and fields a solid 32. The NIT would actually be watchable, and the tournament would actually be a competition amongst deserving teams.

IDGAF if a 18-13 Baylor or 19-12 Ole Miss is being left out in a given year, they dont deserve a title shot from the get.
I agree, we are almost to the point to let everyone in. If IU gets in, with their record, it becomes laughable

when they beat SEC teams in bowl games it kinda makes all that much better
these 2 with out looking it up were both in the top 6 that Iowa beat on their way to a bowl game
#6 OSU 55-24
#3 Michighan 14-13 2016
#16 Nebraska 40-10 2016

care to make anything else up?

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but Nebraska wasn’t ranked at the end of the year. Michigan was ranked #10. Final rankings are all that should count.

I love the baseball model. 16 regional sites with 4 teams each. Double elimination format. Winner of each regional advances to a super regional and play a 2/3 series. 8 super regional winners advance to the CWS - two brackets, double elimination. Winners of each bracket play 2/3 series for championship. Would be cool to see that applied to basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT