ADVERTISEMENT

Does Baylor Win A Hoops Title This Decade?

Does Baylor Win A Hoops Title This Decade?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • No

Votes: 64 98.5%

• Total voters
Do other schools have more resources than probably the most prominent Baptist school in the United States.

Football took time. But they did try. They took Kentucky's football coach in 2002. He failed.
Art Briles and the end of the Big 12 South helped

Baylor became Louisiana Tech in women's basketball when Kim Mulkey left Ruston for Waco.
LA Tech was a beast in women's basketball.

Scott Drew created a program at Baylor.
There is a lot of talent in Texas and Louisiana.
Players who flew under the radar in Louisiana like Vital and Butler have developed in that program.
Butler in term of length and importance was a Top 5 recruit that year.
Thanks for the reply. Just wondering how Baylor got to their golden years. Just a coincidence that they all took off in the early 2000s then? I was leaning towards $$$$.

Thanks for the reply. Just wondering how Baylor got to their golden years. Just a coincidence that they all took off in the early 2000s then? I was leaning towards $$$$.

Baylor Football has an up and down history. All about their coach.

Are you asking why they hired a bunch of good coaches at one time.
Because it wasn't a lack of afford in football and basketball.

A lot of that has to do with the AD.

Are you saying white men can't jump?

Garza bulldozes his way to the basket. But he isn't the greatest leaper.
At times in basketball you meet players who are as strong as you but better athletes.

Watch the play that turned the UNC game into a big Iowa win
UNC was trying to take control and Garza I believed rebounded the ball.3-4 times.
UNC has a great frontcourt.

So there is credit there.
To see pure will win at the College level is great. Guy is a winner.

Baylor Football has an up and down history. All about their coach.

Are you asking why they hired a bunch of good coaches at one time.
Because it wasn't a lack of afford in football and basketball.

A lot of that has to do with the AD.
Drew had one year of head coaching experience when he took the job. Football coach was average at Houston.
In my outsider eyes, I would place Baylor behind Texas, A&M, Houston and Tech in Texas alone pertaining to prestige, then you have Oklahoma, Okie State, LSU and Arkansas surrounding them which have more prestige as well.
Just weird that Baylor can out perform all those in a majority of sports when they've never been.

Drew had one year of head coaching experience when he took the job. Football coach was average at Houston.
In my outsider eyes, I would place Baylor behind Texas, A&M, Houston and Tech in Texas alone pertaining to prestige, then you have Oklahoma, Okie State, LSU and Arkansas surrounding them which have more prestige as well.
Just weird that Baylor can out perform all those in a majority of sports when they've never been.

You have a cult like fanbase surrounding a religious institution.

When they win it is important to them. When they can sustain winning it creates energy.

As crazy as it sounds. Their women's basketball program sparked a lot of energy into them.
Drayton McLane helped

You have a cult like fanbase surrounding a religious institution.

When they win it is important to them. When they can sustain winning it creates energy.

As crazy as it sounds. Their women's basketball program sparked a lot of energy into them.
Drayton McLane helped
Success breeds success. It will be interesting to see if they can sustain it after the basketball coaches leave. Seems like Texas should be having that and not Baylor though.

Success breeds success. It will be interesting to see if they can sustain it after the basketball coaches leave. Seems like Texas should be having that and not Baylor though.

We will see. Women's basketball is competitive in Texas.

Baylor is a university always looking for something to be proud about
They celebrate a football season. That included what they called The Miracle on the Brazos.

Just as long as Baylor is winning at something.
Have to challenge Texas somewhere or Texas is going to run over you regardless of the sport

ADVERTISEMENT