ADVERTISEMENT

Damn... :)

That was the most exciting thing I’ve ever seen in baseball
If I am pitching----and this dude comes up?

200.gif

Yep.....100%. Thats how I roll, bruh. Old school.

If I am pitching----and this dude comes up?

200.gif

Yep.....100%. Thats how I roll, bruh. Old school.

Boomers and their unwritten rules that risk injury are bad for the game. Don't want him to troll you when getting you out? Don't get out.

Boomers and their unwritten rules that risk injury are bad for the game. Don't want him to troll you when getting you out? Don't get out.

I hate agreeing with you, but yes. Throwing a fastball up high at a batter is the most Bush league thing you can do on a baseball field. The fielder maybe hurt a guy’s feelings by having some fun. The pitcher could maybe knock a guy unconscious or break one of his bones. Not equal.

Reactions: hailtoyourvictor
F the back. I’m throwing at his head.

And I’m 35, not a boomer. I’ve just played the games of baseball before.

What’s snowflake about throwing at a guy lol

A snowflake would do what u would do, allow someone to completely make a fool of them in competitive sports and laugh it off.

I hate agreeing with you, but yes. Throwing a fastball up high at a batter is the most Bush league thing you can do on a baseball field. The fielder maybe hurt a guy’s feelings by having some fun. The pitcher could maybe knock a guy unconscious or break one of his bones. Not equal.

Showboating like that after a catch or flipping a bat on a homerun is the equivalent of spiking the football after a touchdown, flexing after a sack, or holding up 3 fingers after hitting a three in basketball.

Baseball players need need to stop getting so pissy about players having some fun. Throwing a 95mph heater at someone’s upper body for something so insignificant is stupid.

We agree because we are moderates

What’s snowflake about throwing at a guy lol

A snowflake would do what u would do, allow someone to completely make a fool of them in competitive sports and laugh it off.

Snowflake is getting your feelings so hurt over someone having a little bit of fun that your response is to try and hurt him physically when he’s defenseless.

Aren't these leagues over there known for bat flips and stuff like that? It would be frowned upon here for sure. It was kind of funny though. I'm about to show it to my boy who plays HS right now. I'm sure he will like it.

Showboating like that after a catch or flipping a bat on a homerun is the equivalent of spiking the football after a touchdown, flexing after a sack, or holding up 3 fingers after hitting a three in basketball.

Baseball players need need to stop getting so pissy about players having some fun. Throwing a 95mph heater at someone’s upper body for something so insignificant is stupid.

We agree because we are moderates

This is wayyyyy different imo than a bat flip or a flex. It’s just a super d!ck move, maybe the worst I’ve ever seen on a baseball field.

It’s about having respect for your opponent and sportsmanship.

Aren't these leagues over there known for bat flips and stuff like that? It would be frowned upon here for sure. It was kind of funny though. I'm about to show it to my boy who plays HS right now. I'm sure he will like it.

Yea the Koreans take bat flipping to a whole new level lol.

Agree w @hailtoyourvictor and @brooky03

Beaming the dude with a fastball at his next AB would be bush league and really ****ed up if you honestly think about it.

Getting back to the catch in the video though. That was awesome, and I don’t understand the “disrespect” I guess. Sports are competitive, and things like this are what make the sport fun to watch/play.

Agree w @hailtoyourvictor and @brooky03

Beaming the dude with a fastball at his next AB would be bush league and really ****ed up if you honestly think about it.

Getting back to the catch in the video though. That was awesome, and I don’t understand the “disrespect” I guess. Sports are competitive, and things like this are what make the sport fun to watch/play.

Imagine being so triggered by a fielder calming reacting to his catch that you want to potentially see him injured. Good lord.

Pitchers celebrating after strikeouts.... Okay!

Batters pimping home runs.... Okay!

Wait 8 seconds before throwing the ball in after a catch? NO ROOM FOR THIS IN BASEBALL!

Reactions: cdbearde
Watch those strikeout and bat flip videos. How is the delayed throw in so much worse to people?
Yeah, I don’t get it honestly. Always saw it as a part of the game. The outfielder catching the potential HR wasn’t bush league at all to me, if anything he fooled everyone, and it was pretty awesome to watch. If I were the batter I’d just have to give props and get better. In a situation like that where it’s too close to call, don’t assume and you won’t look stupid, lol.

No it's not..... it's hilarious. How often do we see batters admire their hit and flip the bat before they start rounding the bases? Sweet revenge.
Its bush league. Flipping the bat is bush league. Its why you see the hitters catch the shit they do. Pitchers do not take kind to that. Plus, it held the game up as the umpires had to review it.

We can agree to disagree. If I am pitching, dude is getting plunked.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Borden would want to bean those guys too. Hell with having some extra fun playing the game.
Difference between having fun---And showing someone up. I am all for having some fun---enjoying the game---And to be fair, over there, its a different culture, game. Over here? That would not have went to well.

Wait 8 seconds before throwing the ball in after a catch? NO ROOM FOR THIS IN BASEBALL!
You are comparing plays/actions of emotions, to that of a guy simply being a dick. How many times have you seen a dude rob a potential HR, and come running in---smacking his chest---high fiving, etc, etc...And that is fine.

I just diagree with it bro. Its OK if you don't.

Yeah, I don’t get it honestly. Always saw it as a part of the game. The outfielder catching the potential HR wasn’t bush league at all to me, if anything he fooled everyone, and it was pretty awesome to watch. If I were the batter I’d just have to give props and get better. In a situation like that where it’s too close to call, don’t assume and you won’t look stupid, lol.
Ummm,me neither...Great catch. What's bush league is letting a guy round the bases, as if its a HR---then showing you caught the ball. Is it funny? Sure. Hilarious TBH. But still, its a bush league action.

Reactions: Villian07

About 95% of those "bat flips" were from Japanese baseball----Different culture. Notice the first clip? Watch how the pitcher reacts.....Wasn't happy at all. I think the bat flip, when taken to the extreme, needs to be removed from the game.

I have worked over a 1,000 college baseball games. I;ve seen a bat flip lead to the benches clearing...Rarely does it go unnoticed...Mostly its just greeted with some hootin' and hollering..Other times, its greeted with both the hootin', and then in dudes next AB----he gets plunked, OR, gets one thrown over the top of his head...So now we gotta deal with that shit.

'The NCAA has proposed making it an ejectable offense. So has HS. I think they should. Just not needed.

Nutting to do with being a boomer bro---Just respect. I wanted to beat the shit out of every team I ever faced...I wanted to embarrass you. But I respected them. I respected the game. Unwritten rules are part of the game, bruh.

Injury? Naaah.. Dudes can pinpoint a 97MPH fastball on the paint...Take a little off the heater, throw it at his thigh, leg, back area....Or, well, uncorked one around 100 behind his ass----He'll get the point.

Pitchers who go head-hunting should be suspended and fined.

And look it works both ways---Don't want him trolling me when getting out---then don't get out...Ok, sure. Fine. But hey, don't want plunked in the back, don't pull some Little League BS, in a professional game. In other words, don't show me up.

Exactly its entertainment and that was entertaining. Old school baseball guys are the worst.

Yup. Guys like Borden don’t realize how miserable they make the game for people who realize it’s a game.

Let’s risk injuring someone over rightly hurt feelings!

Reactions: bMORE607
A couple of things that shouldn't have to be stated.

One, a bat flip or pitcher acting excited are not the same as intentionally acting like you didn't catch the ball (which is what he did) just to troll the guy. One can say it's fine or not fine but one can't act like they are the same thing. That's an absurd take.

Two, a pitcher throwing at a batter is not trying to injure someone. It is pretty easy to throw an 88 MPH pitch a little inside without hitting a dude. Even hitting someone in the thigh with that isn't injuring anyone.

Three, many baseball unwritten rules are without a doubt super dumb.

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa

One, a bat flip or pitcher acting excited are not the same as intentionally acting like you didn't catch the ball (which is what he did) just to troll the guy. One can say it's fine or not fine but one can't act like they are the same thing. That's an absurd take.

Two, a pitcher throwing at a batter is not trying to injure someone. It is pretty easy to throw an 88 MPH pitch a little inside without hitting a dude. Even hitting someone in the thigh with that isn't injuring anyone.

Absurd take? A bat flip and pimping a HR is trolling and showing up a pitcher. The catch and wait is trolling and showing up the batter. Acting like one is way worse than the other in terms of being an asshole is silly.

I didn’t say throwing at a batter is TRYING to injure them. I’m saying the risk of injuring the batter when you throw at him rises a lot more than when you throw at the strike zone.

You aim for the back and it gets away from you and guess what? That might be above the shoulders. You aim for the thigh and it gets away from you, guess what? That maybe a knee. You aim for the abdomen and it gets away from you guess what? That might be a wrist.

Also, not many pitchers are retaliating with 88mpg changeups.

First 5 clips of this video are

92mph
98mph
94mph
94mp
99mph

@Villian07 even said he’s throwing at the guys head for ****’s sake.

There’s a difference between throwing AT someone mid 90s and throwing a little inside high 80s.

Absurd take? A bat flip and pimping a HR is trolling and showing up a pitcher. The catch and wait is trolling and showing up the batter. Acting like one is way worse than the other in terms of being an asshole is silly.

I didn’t say throwing at a batter is TRYING to injure them. I’m saying the risk of injuring the batter when you throw at him rises a lot more than when you throw at the strike zone.

You aim for the back and it gets away from you and guess what? That might be above the shoulders. You aim for the thigh and it gets away from you, guess what? That maybe a knee. You aim for the abdomen and it gets away from you guess what? That might be a wrist.

Yes, an absurd take. Two are emotional moments of excitement. One is intentionally acting like something didn't happen that did. I don't see how a reasonable person can't see the difference. If in your mind they are the same level of 'being an asshole' then that's cool. That's a very specific criteria to use to make an argument I suppose. That doesn't make them comparable in any other sense though.

Yes, an absurd take. Two are emotional moments of excitement. One is intentionally acting like something didn't happen that did. I don't see how a reasonable person can't see the difference. If in your mind they are the same level of 'being an asshole' then that's cool. That's a very specific criteria to use to make an argument I suppose. That doesn't make them comparable in any other sense though.

Wait, you don’t think a bat flip and pimping the HR is intentionally showing up the pitcher?

Bruh

Wait, you don’t think a bat flip and pimping the HR is intentionally showing up the pitcher?

Bruh

Not all the time, no. I think a guy just gets excited and emotional. I get that some pitchers take it that way but some baseball players are pretty sensitive. If we are going to get into how players take things we are really going to get into some hardcore semantics. What about if a guy strikes out and stares at the pitcher like so many of them do? What about breaking a bat over their leg because they are so offended that they struck out against such a bum pitcher? Not showing him up but is it offensive? I think we have to have some sort of standard. I don't think getting excited about something you personally did is out of bounds or showing anyone up any more than sliding into second after a double and 'making soup' or eating or clapping at your dugout or anything else is....or a pitcher yelling after a SO or something. JMO

ADVERTISEMENT